NC on Theo Robinson

CumbrianRam

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best there according to who ?

"Will Hughes will be a part of the first team squad next season because he is good enough.

"He played on the right against Peterborough but I think ultimately he will be a central midfielder.

"He doesn't have the physical presence that Jeff Hendrick has although Jeff has a couple of years on him age wise, but it might be that will starts his career on the right before moving into the middle.

"He's comfortable anywhere across the middle four. Each time he has come and joined in training with the first team he has not looked out of place."

According to Will Hughes, he said so on Twitter..

Obviously with Sammon coming into the match day squad somebody was going to have to be left out of the match day squad. Now whether people like it or not Conor Doyle is apparently in the squad on merit, he does what hes told, he works hard and hes got himself into the squad now heres a question if Theo is getting to big for his boots and not putting the graft in then why should it be Doyle who loses his place? what kind of mindset would this put Doyle in?

If your trying to install a hard work ethic into your squad how can your drop players that are working hard for people that arent, players around the training ground will see what kind of work players are doing behind the scene Connor is a well liked member of the team so players may feel annoyed if he was dropped unfairly for Theo.

Half of Derby fans dont like Theo anyway but now hes been dropped they wont let that get in way of a good Clough bashing. In theos defence i also was impressed with him travelling up to support the boys, he needs to get his head down and put the graft in again, thats the only reason Derby fans took him to heart in the first place if hes not working hard then hes offering next to nothing.

For the poster that almost made me spit my tea out this morning "its a good job Le Tissier wasnt in our team because Clough would drop him" really? i mean really? if Theo did what Matt did wekk in week out he would probably get away abit with not working as hard as he normally does but if you aint doing the biz on the pitch the training pitch is your only saviour.

I wish you got points in training.

I've played with lads that are poor trainers. When it came to the match though they'd wipe the smile off their faces and set about winning the game for us.

I liked winning games. I trained hard because I wanted to. Because I liked training hard. It didn't bother me that they didn't train as hard. Our manager had to constantly chase one lad up just to do anything. But when it came to matchday we knew the score. So did the lads who didn't train hard. You must play well. Matches are there to be won. Play well or get dropped.

Winning matches is what counts. And you win them best by playing the best players.

Yeah your right, i forgot that Theo is that much of a world beater he can just do as he pleases.

We arent saying that, we are saying Theo has done pretty well on the pitch and when we needed a goal like last night he has proved he is about our best option. He scores goals when he is on the pitch better than the others we have at our disposal

I don't think Theo is a luxury player by any stretch but if Clough sets his sights on pushing up the league(s) he will need to invest in players who may want to save their best for match days, the Prem is littered with them.

Archived