NC on Theo Robinson

CumbrianRam

You seem to have taken quite a liking to me.

Sorry, I must have missed those posts.

This season... Well, since I'm currently in Australia I have been to no matches. I have listened live to all 3 matches this season and the preseason ones I could, and I've watched the full 90 (well 120 and 90) for the Ssausagehorpe and Sheffield Wednesday matches, which is about the best I can do from here.

If there's any other questions I've missed, feel free to ask them again.

yeah of course ive taking a liking to you................

joking but seriously dont try and say that i cant write things properly because i lack syntax 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant be arsed to read through this thread but it seems more and more people are edging towards the Clough out camp. I'm still pro Clough. I think its time for a poll. What do you think mods?? Clough out or Clough in??

Why would we need a poll? We're 2 out of 46 matches in. A good way of picturing it is that you've got a 9 to 5 work day, and its currently 9:20 am. I generally don't judge my day 20 minutes in... but hey, each to their own.

Cant be arsed to read through this thread but it seems more and more people are edging towards the Clough out camp. I'm still pro Clough. I think its time for a poll. What do you think mods?? Clough out or Clough in??

I admittedly was one of those people. But people on here have persuaded me otherwise. I'm not happy with the last 2 couple of performances, but the ship has been steadied over the last 3.5 years, and its a whole lot better than it was when we got relegated from the Premier League with 11 points.

yeah of course ive taking a liking to you................

joking but seriously dont try and say that i cant write things properly because i lack syntax 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I never said anything about you not writing properly did I? I'm pretty sure (from memory) that I only said that I was having a hard time getting your point.

so you dont understand what i put

Its more a case that I was getting sick of having to do a double take of what you wrote. The way the sentences were written and the lack of punctuation added to this. Personally, I don't really care about spelling all that much, unless it either gets to the point of making something hard to understand or the typo itself has some comical value, and I don't mind if there are issues with the grammar, but when someone's writing becomes hard to understand (not impossible) then it gets on my nerves a bit. I know for a fact that if you took a sample of any 10 of my posts it would be riddled with spelling errors, incorrect words, missing or confusing punctuation and bizarre conjugations, and for that matter most people's would, which is why in a professional context people proof read. Of course most wouldn't do that for forum posts, and why should they. The issue only really occurs when people write in such a lazy manner that the meaning can become clouded or ambiguous due to this.

I'm sorry if you feel I was insulting your intelligence by making such comments, but I was getting a tad fed up with your writing style.

I admittedly was one of those people. But people on here have persuaded me otherwise. I'm not happy with the last 2 couple of performances, but the ship has been steadied over the last 3.5 years, and its a whole lot better than it was when we got relegated from the Premier League with 11 points.

We starterd that season off with a 2-2 draw as well.....based on what I've seen to date I can't see where the next 10 points are coming from :-)

Its more a case that I was getting sick of having to do a double take of what you wrote. The way the sentences were written and the lack of punctuation added to this. Personally, I don't really care about spelling all that much, unless it either gets to the point of making something hard to understand or the typo itself has some comical value, and I don't mind if there are issues with the grammar, but when someone's writing becomes hard to understand (not impossible) then it gets on my nerves a bit. I know for a fact that if you took a sample of any 10 of my posts it would be riddled with spelling errors, incorrect words, missing or confusing punctuation and bizarre conjugations, and for that matter most people's would, which is why in a professional context people proof read. Of course most wouldn't do that for forum posts, and why should they. The issue only really occurs when people write in such a lazy manner that the meaning can become clouded or ambiguous due to this.

I'm sorry if you feel I was insulting your intelligence by making such comments, but I was getting a tad fed up with your writing style.

i'll be honest i never really use punctuation. i get slated by my english teachers for it from now on i shall try to make my points clearer. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived