Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

ladyram

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coutts was completely out of the game today. Heard he played really well against Scunny, do was disappointed with him today.

And FFS when has Ward ever worked up front? We could have really done with him driving forward from Midfield, as Coutts and Hughes didn't really attack their defence, which should have been pressured more, what with them being *****!

FFS, i agree with you. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> Coutts was poor from open play but his set pieces were decent.

well what i think went wrong today once again i think when we gone 2-0 up, i think the lads throught they had the game won, i think we should have had jamie out wide on the wing, and young will huges in centrel midfield we he can be used best effect. but i do think he was carrying a knock from tuesday night but i do think he made some nice little passes and tryed to drive forward with the ball, and i think tyson was looking tired after half time.

well what i think went wrong today once again i think when we gone 2-0 up, i think the lads throught they had the game won, i think we should have had jamie out wide on the wing, and young will huges in centrel midfield we he can be used best effect. but i do think he was carrying a knock from tuesday night but i do think he made some nice little passes and tryed to drive forward with the ball, and i think tyson was looking tired after half time.

I don't think it was that our players got complacent mate, just that they tired after about an hour, and then when subs came, they were arguably the wrong subs to have made.

I just can't believe that hes trying to "coach" our players to see games out by "booting it towards the corner flag"

And people wonder what's wrong with English Football

Not all English teams play like that,and not all managers coach like that.… and its painful to experience, especially after the PP crowd sounding so buoyant in the 1st half, I wonder if that will be the way again this season, as it was last, I don't know why we need to defend a two goal lead from half time ? Our final formation says volumes.

I think it is fairly easy to see what happened today, no excuses and Clough firmly addressed the team to do exactly what they didn't in that second half by the sounds of his interview but sitting that deep was always going to invite them forward, at one point they had 6 on our backline!

I think the main positive for me was us clearly having the more ability in our side, which was pleasing to see... But it just seems like we're lacking confidence when holding on to a game within the last 20 minutes which seems like it could lead to a season of ups and downs again, which is a shame because if we could keep up that first half level then we would be able to get out of this division the right way... I hope we can cut it out because with so many good young players we need to keep hold of.

I think overall we've done ourselves proud, we've for the most part played a side off the park who have just been promoted, in front of 6,000 fans and have been unbeaten for 16 games(or something) - a draw today is far from the end of the world, before the game I was worried about motivation of the players being a problem. I think that we showed that quality wise we could pass them off the park and the movement at times was of a very high standard but we did look a little weak in midfield and we need to address that especially for away games where we probably will be on the backfoot, but when on the front foot we looked strong and could take the game to them.

Team Ratings:

Fielding - 5 - not particularly impressed, doesn't look as comfortable - distribution is key for a goalkeeper and he had a mare in this department. I think he caught crosses very well but I hope he can get back towards his old ways.

Brayford - 5 - he had a very poor game by his standards, better going forward but when he allowed Jermaine to run at him, he was easily beat!

Roberts - 6 - he kept one of the most exciting wingers in the division quiet for the most part and made him look average - he did get caught out a few times with passes through the backline but apart from that solid.

Buxton - 9 - my MOTM was absolutely first class today in my opinion, stopped every ball near him in the air and allowed nothing to get passed him, also got a quality goal for his performance. I really hope he can keep this level of performances up, he really is a top championship player on his day.

Keogh - 7 - also played well today, much like Roberts in sometimes was caught leaving a hole but recovered well on many occasions and his leadership on a pitch is so evident!

Coutts - 6 - he played well, not as well as he can do but certainly didn't do a bad job - created some chances and did his job, no doubt was tiring towards the end though, looked shafted!

Hendrick - 5 - had good moments, had bad moments but all in all should of been better, is a great passer of the ball just wished that he made more of it today, looks more established on the pitch in terms of presence so over the season I expect to see him more imposing and could see that by his demeanour

Bryson - 5 - same as Hendrick, although at times I thought he just wasn't getting on the ball, kept running but just seemed to disappear for minutes at a time.

Hughes - 8 - no doubt today was a positive display - he got tired towards the end but his first half display was so positive and hard to match... He is fantastic with ball, so calm and confident!

Ward - 6 - was a constant threat throughout the game but as is the frustration with ward, he didn't really contribute to much in terms of stats and putting the ball on target.

Tyson - 7 - worked tirelessly and had Wednesday worried, in the second half he couldn't move without 2 players handling him at all times, looked fairly sharp and got his goal, hope there are more to come!

O'Connor - 5 - seemed really defective, not really the physical presence we needed at the time though cant really judge him playing in that role!

Gjokaj - 5 - didn't get much time on the pitch or the ball, so can't really judge him so 5 as a default.

Theo - 5 - like the rest of the subs had little to no impact and was hoping he could do the same job as 12 months previous against Bimringham where he was key in holding on to the win!

Overall the play and football is much better than 12 months ago, the results aren't though but keep up the performances and the results will come, more confidence and belief needed when in front - at 2-0 up and well on top we should of pushed more, and in the end we shouldnt of played anywhere near as deep... Hopefully it is a learning curve for this young team and this isn't an issue again all season!

27,000 fans. 6,000 Wednesday. That's woeful for us. Clear signal to the club that the fans aren't happy. Also the booing when we conceded the second and Hendrick kicked it out for a goal kick. Well deserved boo that was. As much as Fielding would have deserved being boo'ed when he kicked the ball out for a throw-in for the third time in a row. Brayford was useless. Why did Buxton kick the ball back to Frank? Is he retarded? Though Hughes was good, though is too lightweight and not fit enough to be starting every game. I thought Coutts was good. Some nice set-pieces.

I thought the first half was really good, some good link up play. Second half though, wow, that was crap. The players were nackered after Tuesday, and it's their own faults. They looked deflated when they scored their first. The substitutions were ludicrous, that James O'connor fella was absolute ****. Clough made mistakes but can't take all the blame. I do believe that this game was a one off though, so I'll let it slip. ha.

Fitness did us.

I'm not convinced it was all down to the Ssausagehorpe game. They seemed so much fitter than us, I struggle to believe that an extra 30 minutes a few days ago made that much difference. Wendys came from two goals down to win the other night, they probably exerted themselves as much as we did. Strange, because in previous seasons fitness throughout the squad has been the one thing Clough has prided himself on.

Played some great stuff but in fairness they were good in the second half. They were basically at home, kicking to 6,000 in a ground with no atmosphere. We looked completely drained by the heat, and they were buoyed by the goal before HT. It felt bound to happen.

It's alright calling kicking it in to touch a pub tactic, but Hendrick didn't do as he was told, pub tactic or not - it must be infuriating as a manager. A bit like Cwyka against Portsmouth!

Defensively we were weak, particularly for the equaliser, but I thought Keogh had a good game. The main creaks were down the flanks - Brayford, especially in the second half, got skinned by their winger a couple of times. He impressed me going forward though.

We don't seem to have learned from last season that Jamie Ward cannot act as a target man in the air. Their centre halves had half a foot on him. The fact he won one header is testament to his leap, and we can't expect to keep the ball upfront when we're getting constantly out-jumped. Perhaps this is what he'd like Sammon to be doing.

Some strange tactics towards the end too. By the time the three subs were on, we didn't really have a formation. Gjokaj was running round in our half, and Robinson was running round in theirs, but there didn't really seem to be a plan. As they grew in to the game, we panicked and it seemed inevitable they'd score again.

There are few worse habits to develop than losing leads, and this season we now have a 100% record. There should have been lessons learned. I just hope this doesn't set the precedent and that, once again, we draw a line under it and move on.

I'm not relishing Bolton and then Wolves though.

Bolton and Wolves are **** mate. If we can't beat them I'll get a vagina tattooed on my forehead.

I think we are missing a few experienced heads. That's what ya need to see games out. At 2-0 we should b passing it about accross the back four. Easy simple passing. Making sheff chase the ball. We were looking tired so makes sense to me. Instead we were getting caught up in short pointless passing and loosing the ball to easy. Needed to keep possession and wind up sheff. That's how I think we should see games out. No hoof it in the corners and sit back and let them attack. Clough messed up with the team from the start. He was desperate to play hughes hendrick and Bryson and couldn't decide who to drop. So in balanced the team. Think hughes is more effective in the middle. I think also at 60 mins u could see our attackers looked a bit jaded and after playin 120 mins as clough stated earlier he should of bought theo on for ward, Jacobs on for coutes( who I wasn't impressed with, never marked his man reminded me of doyle's defensive attempts) and had a another go at em. Theo would tire any defense down. Ten at 80 odd mins bring on an extra defender. I thought our defense was coping well with sheff until the midfield and strikers gave up and stopped attacking. For this one I blame clough.

1) wrong team selection

2) not early enough with subs

3) negitve subs that wasnt affective

4) tactics of hoofing the ball to the corner flag at 70 mins

My views were that clough **** himself about loosing to scunny and didnt want it to happen again, panicked and ended up with 6 defenders on the pitch,And by the way I'm not a clough hater either I want him to stay and do well. We all make mistakes that's y there's a rubber on top of a pencil.

Bolton and Wolves are **** mate. If we can't beat them I'll get a vagina tattooed on my forehead.

Many people are going to do some very silly things involving nakedness, will eat some stupid stuff and will get some horrid tattoos on this site on the back of a few slightly unlikely results.

We just looked knackered in the second half. We didn't press to win the ball back and there was a huge gap between the centre of midfield and the defence. We could certainly have done with Bailley playing or at least coming on to give some protection to the two centre backs. Didn't particularly like that both full backs would go forward, leaving it two vs. two at the back either.

Easy to forget the first half after such a dire second but we played well for the majority of it. I thought Keogh looked a bit nervous and he seems to ball watch quite a bit. He also goes chasing balls that are there for others to win leaving gaps in behind.

I thought Will Hughes struggled, although he was part of the move that brought us our first goal. I don't think the left is the best position for him.

I think we'd have been better playing a midfield three of Coutts (who had a shocker), Hendrick and Bryson with Hughes and Ward on the wings. I think Ward is better suited as a winger and we lose quite a bit defensively when he's not there. I don't think he offers enough up front. He's certainly not strong enough.

Bryson and Hendrick looked off the pace, probably down to lack of pre-season games through injury. I didn't like the space that they both left in behind when they went forward. Both seemed to go at the same time rather than one goes and one stays which left us under threat from the counter.

Fielding had an ok game and we look so much better with Brayford in at right back. Tyson looked sharp in the first half, less so in the second.

A disappointing second half in which the side looked knackered. I'm not expecting too much from Tuesday night at Bolton, certainly another defensive display, hopefully we can hold out.

Archived