Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

ladyram

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to blame fitness is a total cop out. we were totally outplayed in the second half.it was blindingly obvious that they were going to get an equaliser.The game was in our control until they scored their first.after that we werent in it.

the top and botom of it is it was cloughs fault.plain and simple.

to blame fitness is a total cop out. we were totally outplayed in the second half.it was blindingly obvious that they were going to get an equaliser.The game was in our control until they scored their first.after that we werent in it.

the top and botom of it is it was cloughs fault.plain and simple.

Cloughs fault that he told Hendrick to kick the ball in to touch and didn't?

Come on mate.

I would add someone like John Eustace or another defensive midfielder of that ilk onto our bench, someone industrious and can help us see out a game, our midfield is packed full of quality but defensively is pretty dire, a old fashioned centre forward and an industrious midfielder and I would be happy - defensively we don't look bad individually but the midfield are weak and allow the opposition to get behind them, happened against Ssausagehorpe as well.

I reckon Dangerous has a point - you can't expect to defend for 45 minutes because the defence isn't good enough for 45 minutes. Why is that we seem to go on the defense everytime we have a lead? Sitting back isn't an option, carry on doing this and we'll get nowhere fast.

Nobody wants to see that, it's a shame when we can all see the good football they are capable of, the 1st half showed that.

I would add someone like John Eustace or another defensive midfielder of that ilk onto our bench, someone industrious and can help us see out a game, our midfield is packed full of quality but defensively is pretty dire, a old fashioned centre forward and an industrious midfielder and I would be happy - defensively we don't look bad individually but the midfield are weak and allow the opposition to get behind them, happened against Ssausagehorpe as well.

I would agree with that, we have a problem with opposition midfielders getting into spaces between our midfield and defence, which you really don't want. What I have noticed is opposition players running past our midfielders for pure pace, particularly Bryson, a big problem. They had some good situations in the first-half they didn't make the most of Saturday

A player with some pace who can hold his position would be a good idea in midfield like the one Wednesday had, he ran the show second-half.

Maybe so.

Not sure he was, Cloughies body language was terrible all through that 2nd half. Don't think he was doing anything in particular but if he wants his instructions followed, he'd do well to get off his chair and do it himself because what he did was hardly motivating was it?

Archived