Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

ladyram

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew playing ET v Scunny would ruin legs today. Few months off and then try and play 2 games like that.

But it's our own fault. I hope they're all suffering from cramp. Do not let Ssausagehorpe back in the game.

Apart from that, "booting the ball into corners" is for Pub teams. That's no way to see a game out. It comes right back at us.

You can't defend without attacking. It's not possible. You have to carry a threat. Hoofing the ball down field isn't any good. Keep the fooker. If you keep the ball then you wouldn't have to chase it all afternoon.

Tired. Don't surrender big leads at home to Ssausagehorpe then lads.

Same old. Address it.

We got a draw, not the end of the world, the big screen worked fine, Hughes didnt play well, neither did Hendrick or Bryson for that matter, Johnson had the beating of Brayford all game, Ward was trying to hold the ball up on his own against 6 foot defenders for the last 20 mins, we looked dangerous from set pieces, we probably would have lost if it was against a better team, but we got a draw, move on, Clough in.

I read this forum and remain very open minded towards NC, whilst I think that he has done a job at Derby, once again today NC has highlighted the fact that he struggles at this level tactically.

Wednesday bossed us off the park in the 2nd half, men against boys.

Tired after Tuesday, no excuse!

Hughes played really well imo.

But looked too weak and tired when they was coming at us with about 10 minutes to go, we should have taken him off 10 minutes before we actually did.

I really do think we need a rock on the bench just to bring on when we're wining by 1 goal, just to sit in front of the back four, win the ball, and just hump it up.

Conor Sammon up front will do me now.

Let's not go OTT at this early stage.

But some problems have haunted us for a very long time. Defending on the goal line and hoofing it into corners isn't the way.

I know the lads were tired. But why? Their own faults.

What pisses me off was how we can play. Then we hit the latter stages (or the start of the second half in this case) and forget how our best defensive displays come from carrying a threat.

Hoggy mate, Clough does try and play football and if your a Derby fan and you want your team to win, what would you rather?, a win by smashing away as far as possible from our goal in the last minute or dribbling in the middle of the park and gifting possesion and ultimately gifting a goal and dropping 2 points and could of been 3. I know what i would rather.

Let's not go OTT at this early stage.

But some problems have haunted us for a very long time. Defending on the goal line and hoofing it into corners isn't the way.

I know the lads were tired. But why? Their own faults.

What pisses me off was how we can play. Then we hit the latter stages (or the start of the second half in this case) and forget how our best defensive displays come from carrying a threat.

Agree first half was class (wireless fans like Albert wouldn't know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Great football they score from nothing then the Negativeness sets in.

They were there to be got at and we went one up top way too early

Hoggy mate, Clough does try and play football and if your a Derby fan and you want your team to win, what would you rather?, a win by smashing away as far as possible from our goal in the last minute or dribbling in the middle of the park and gifting possesion and ultimately gifting a goal and dropping 2 points and could of been 3. I know what i would rather.

Agree to an extent just thought we went 451 too early, there back four were ***** and there was Definatly a third goal in it for us with more positive decisions we sit back we usually concede, we sat back we conceded

Hendrick confirmed what I knew all along, he cannot pass forwards, only sideways. Not good. Fielding hoofs it every time, worst distribution I've ever seen. Awful subs from Clough, tactically inept. So frustrating.

Smashing it into corners never served us well before. Season before last we lost lots of games by playing this pub tactic.

By the time Hendrick lost the ball Wednesday had already begun to realise the Rams were happy to defend.

It's about mentality. You invite pressure, you lose control and momentum. It's very hard to recover. Wednesday were buzzing with belief

Hughes wasn't great, Whenever he touched the ball the fans appluaded, even if he was just doin something normal like a 3 yard pass, they wanted him to do well, after all the hype about him, but he wasn't at it today.

we played great in the first half today, pure derby, the last ten minutes we let it go.. and Hughes was great untill the second half, and clough shouldnt have pushed him into striker and taken off tyson and got o'conner to swap with Hughes, dissapointing

Archived