Are we still a mid table team or better or worse

Curtains

For me I just don't know the answer. On the face of it with the new signings it looks better than last season. I look forward to the new season in anticipation. My only concern is the goal scoring situation. Is Savies going is he staying. Are we getting Sammon or not. Looking forward to Sheff Wed game now.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say roughly around the same - I think a goal scorer could push us further into the mix(nothing like stating the obvious) but at the same time 2 or 3 injuries in midfield and we start to look a little weak, we can afford to lose 1 centre midfielder at a time, if two get injured the team looks significantly weaker(that is unless you play bailey) defensively we could have a bomb go off and we'd be alright, especially if Freeman signs...

Upfront we're light on numbers and quality which is a worry but we'll see - Steve Davies turns around and wants to stay then we are 'okay' in that position... Otherwise we need a settled, committed striker in place of...

We'll, statistics would say that after last years effort we are a mid table team.

Of course, until we have played about 12 games this term we really won't know.

Early form can be inconclusive to the ultimate positioning in the championship come may next year.

I for one, can see it being similar to the last campaign, and if the final results against the team from Nottingham are the same, then I for one will be contented.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Serious Boycie.

Our team might be slightly better than last season but other teams have done their work too. After studying other team I can't see us higher than 11th. Of course if we get a good striker or someone like Roope Riski can surprise us with 15-20 goals we might get higher.

Does anyone else think that we overperformed last season? On that basis I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't quite live up to last season's final position, as I don't think we've strengthened massively. I think we'll struggle to get goals (unless we sign a striker; Sammon looks unlikely but apparently there's plenty more fish in the sea) and the defense is missing last season's two centre halves so may take some time to come together. 16th wouldn't shock me but I think a lot of people will be really angry if we finish that low down. Depends if we sign a goalscorer between now and the season starting.

between 10 and 16 for me... i dont really see how we have strengthened from last year.. although i have no problems with this squad... although its very inexperienced and young.cant see this being the year where they all gel. 2 years down the line... with a few faces i reckon we'll look good. if these lads are on 3 year contracts that is. bit worried about CM if bryson or hendrick get injured. baileys dunt have a squad number. hughes is a kid.

Until we finish above or below where we finished we can't say.

Will Coutts prove to be more influential than Green (not that he was but we don't need another headless chicken...)?

Will Jacobs make the step up and be a proper winger we've needed?

Will Tyson score a meaningful goal ot two?

Will Bryson suffer the Player of the Year curse?

Will Theo show everyone that last season wasn't a fluke?

Will Keogh be up to the standards of Shackell?

Will Hughes turn out to be the next Jack Wilshire? Or even the next Tom Huddlestone?

Will Captain Fantastic Barker get rid of that hideous ponytail?

Don't know. All we do know is that it'll be a lot of fun/misery finding out...

Archived