Toughest Championship so far

Curtains

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are going to be a lot of decent teams this season, weeds being one, and i hate them and colin, i can see the top 6 being tough to predict, but i think we'll be in the bottom half unless some more very decent signings are made i am very sorry to say.......

pi55es me off every day at the moment,i bought some rose tinted specs from specsavers in June and im thinking of taking them back as they dont seem to work. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

I'm seriously not convinced that this championship is any worse than last season. I don't believe any of the newly promoted teams are as good as Southampton and Brighton were. Sheffield Wednesday have spent a little bit, but their squad isn't that great. Huddersfield are a one-man team and I think Charlton will struggle. And at the other end, I don't think the three prem-relegated teams are all that either. Blackburn are in a mess, Wolves have got a reasonable squad but a completely unproven manager at this level. Bolton may well do quite well, but they've got a large overpaid squad and a lot of pressure on them. I don't think any of them are as strong as West Ham were.

I don't see how it's any different to any other years. The teams that got relegated from the prem weren't good enough and those promoted are here on merit.

It's never that straightforward. At least one team that are expected to do well will struggle and there will inevitably be one or two dark horses.

I can't see where our team is noticably weaker than last year though...

Shackell is a loss, but think Keogh and Bucko should be a decent pairing...

Lost Green but Coutts seems to be a player in that mould...

And we've added Jacobs for a bit more flair/creativity to take the burden off wardy's shoulders...

I'm going out on a limb and predicting 10th

I think it's a big season for Mason Bennett. We all seem to be overlooking him when we talk about striking options. He has pace and athleticism, plus he has finished school now. Some people will argue that its a lot of pressure for someone so young, but if he wants to be a professional footballer, that goes with the territory.

I too think this will be a particularly tough championship. Last season Coventry and Doncaster were hopeless and Pompey in disarray. This season the teams coming up will be stronger than the three that have gone down - Charlton should at least comfortably survive, Huddersfield will be backed by a decent home support, have made good signings, and Jordan Rhodes is still there. Sheffield Wednesday under Dave Jones will finish to half.

Southampton, West Ham were very strong and Reading went on a great run. Bolton shouldn't have a problem, Blackburn who knows what they will be like and Wolves should be at least as sting as Southampton were last season in my opinion.

Pompey would have been good enough to stay up without the points deduction, people forget that.

The championship is what it is. In the top ten best leagues in Europe. It's tough and an absolute marathon of a season, full of banana skins and giant killings and midweek matches and honest players and fully internationals.

Lovely stuff. I often think I prefer it here to the Premier League!

Ipswich are going absolutely no where - not with Jewell in charge, his signings so far have for the most part been players who have been direly out of form recently, is he really the man to get them going again?

Barnsley

Bristol

Charlton

Derby

Ipswich

Millwall

Forest

Peterborough

Watford

Sheffield Wednesday

the relegated 3 will be 3 of these teams...

I'd prefer this division over the PL if we had seasons like Cardiff or another team everyone expects a difficult game against. Oh, and there was more money's in it.

It's been an attractive division lately. Some really good footballers have played at this level as a way of getting a contract in the PL

Ipswich are going absolutely no where - not with Jewell in charge, his signings so far have for the most part been players who have been direly out of form recently, is he really the man to get them going again?

Barnsley

Bristol

Charlton

Derby

Ipswich

Millwall

Forest

Peterborough

Watford

Sheffield Wednesday

the relegated 3 will be 3 of these teams...

That's utter bullsh*t derby and forest will not be relegated

That's utter bullsh*t derby and forest will not be relegated

We're both candidates for several reasons, they barely have a squad, even if they bring in the faces will they gel for the season? could be much like what Jewell did here when he signed 10+ players and they couldn't pass to each other...

We're up for debate because we're an unknown quantity, we don't know how our young players are going to get on over a season and we severally lack in 'known' quantities, our squad also is short in numbers and in quality a few injuries and an extended bad run, can we drag ourselves out of it like we notoriously struggle to do!

Archived