Toughest Championship so far

Curtains

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah and i reckon mido will not be two stone overweight come the opening day

Mock that suggestion of you want, it'll hardly be a surprise if they finish above you again. They've been the best team in south Yorkshire for a few years now.

That sort of attitude is why Barnsley, even Donny, in recent years have had the last laugh. For all the history and fans you have, they've been miles ahead on the football pitch.

Wolves - what will there wage bill be?

What will there revenue become?

Will they have to limit wages a bit to come in line with FFP?

Look at us when we came down. Wage bill was circa £30m revenue became circa £16m plus parachute payments. Need to cut the wages to fall in line with FFP. I'd guess that Wolves wage bill is higher than ours was, and their revenue without the Prem TV money will be about the same so they will have to cut wages

If nothing else the first season down (when punishments start) clubs will have to sell a few players to maintain wages of some of their squad. If they don't go up they may have to sell more the following year.

It all depends how close to break even the championship revenues plus parachute payments take the club.

Mock that suggestion of you want, it'll hardly be a surprise if they finish above you again. They've been the best team in south Yorkshire for a few years now.

That sort of attitude is why Barnsley, even Donny, in recent years have had the last laugh. For all the history and fans you have, they' ve been miles ahead on the football pitch.

they sure have but barnsley had a woeful 2nd half of the season and have the weakest squad in the cship,meanwhile doncaster have had their best decade yet are back in the third tier,barnsley will finish bottom of the pile imo

I think there is literally naff all between the Wednesday and Barnsley sides - having seen Wednesday a few times this season I would argue without Antonio you wouldn't of been promotion and he hasn't signed yet! He is some player, however...

so whats the difference between wednesday and derby then? at the moment i wud say two lower mid table sides but id rather have dave jones runnin the show than clough jnr and if we do get antonio your in for a miserable opening day...believe you me

so whats the difference between wednesday and derby then? at the moment i wud say two lower mid table sides but id rather have dave jones runnin the show than clough jnr and if we do get antonio your in for a miserable opening day...believe you me

Difference is we finished 12th in the league above - you've signed our reserve team striker, you can't call us poor without having a dig at your new signing otherwise he would of played!

Difference is we finished 12th in the league above - you've signed our reserve team striker, you can't call us poor without having a dig at your new signing otherwise he would of played!

like i said i think your goin to be mid table again and as for maguire heard many different stories about his exit not that excited about him tbh but i would say madine his better than anything yuve got upfront, two evenly matched sides if you ask me but i would be astonished if we start the season without another 'major' signing

Madine is a good goalscorer but a complete **** off the pitch, was quite funny seeing him kick off at Brunton Park last season.

Think both sides are set for mid-table, outside chance of play-offs?

madines goin to be a top player but he needs to calm down off the pitch,cant see you or us getting near the play offs tbh

Archived