Callum Ball

DerbyRam!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Clough says: "It's a season on loan, there's no suggestion of anything further." So there's nothing in place then, unlike what Coventry fans thought.

It will be good for him to get some games in League One and I'm sure he'll come back a better player.

I'm kinda of the opinion he's being over rated a tad as he's come through the ranks at Derby, all our kids seem to be the next superstar waiting to happen. I wish him well and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come back to Derby.

Me neither, not seen anything from him that makes me think he is going to be a superstar, snipets but on the whole he hasn't been too outstanding - I am of the opinion, send him out on loan see how he does, if he does well bring him back if not then move on.

I hope he does well though, needs to work on quite a bit though! in the air, technique, movement off the ball, challenging for the ball, needs to become a few seconds quicker reaction wise and feet wise and his overall contribution to the team needs to improve. He isn't a million miles away, but he isn't a superstar either.

Surely all loans are with a view to a permanent? As ulitmately you wouldn't loan a player that you had no interest in and at the end of the day every player is for sale if the price is right.

Exactly, if he scores 10 goals for them, and try offer £750,000 for him at the end of the season that effectively the same thing

I do like this kid very much so but i do think could make the differance but if he can go and get some first team experance and then come back next season as a better taget man then great. go for callium show them what you can do and i believe in you.

Surely all loans are with a view to a permanent? As ulitmately you wouldn't loan a player that you had no interest in and at the end of the day every player is for sale if the price is right.

There's plenty of reasons to loan a player that you aren't interested in signing permanently. We want to loan Ball out so he can get some first team experience (which he won't get here), and Coventry want to loan him in because they think he's better than what they can get on a permanent signing, and probably cheaper too. The 'with a view to a permanent signing' thing normally means there's an agreed price in the loan deal, which we almost certainly won't have done in this one. If Coventry want to make an offer after the loan then they're welcome to, but if Ball does well then we'll almost certainly want him back, or the fee will be over what Coventry are willing to pay.

"He has a long-term future with Derby County and we're looking at the bigger picture with Callum here and when he comes to us in a year's time he will be all the better for it."

Said the same about Addison

Addison was 3 years older and did poorly. Ball is only at the very start of his professional career and if he does well, he'll almost certainly be back with us this time next year with a part to play.

• 1 month later...

Archived