Pride Park 15 today

FunkyRam

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was good in the earliest years. Like, really good. People have forgotten how good it was for a short while.

Mostly now it's been a silent souless ikea ground.

It has had it's moments. Now they're few and far between.

Cup v Man United

Forest

Leeds

Play off v S'hampton.

That's been about it for 10 years??

I thought since I'm bed bound through injury, I would try and make a comprehensive list of the best 15 moments at Pride Park for the past 15 years!

15. Stefano Eranio first goal vs Barnsley

I had too add this in, may not be a massive result in a big game but Stefano Eranio scored the first competitive goal at Pride Park from the penalty spot, deserves a mention.

14. First game in the championship - 3-0 win Ravanelli goal.

A game I remember very well to this day, first game in the championship (then division 1) against reading, and wiping the floor with them 3-0 and thinking this season is going to be easy. Famous last words.

13. Beating Preston 3-1 days before meeting them in the play-offs (which we lost)

Knowing we was in the play-offs and likely playing the team we was going to be playing in a few days time, this game was a bit of a grudge match, much like the one above we won 3-1 and went into the play-offs on high confidence, turned out to be our downfall.

12. Beating Arsenal (who won the league 3-0)

Was one of my fondest memories from the early days, played with so much ability that day and the league champions couldn't deal with us... emphatic victory.

11. England vs Mexico first full international game at Pride Park - Beckham free kick

I know this isn't a Derby one, but this was a big moment for the club to host a full international and we was lucky to see some great goals from Beckham and Sheringham, in a brilliant England victory.

10. Eranios Last game

Another one I can remember very well, it was a game where the atmosphere was brilliant and there was a lot of signs and banners in support to the italian, showed the appreciation of the Derby crowd to a true legend (he did come back, but, initially it was a moving tribute to a great player)

9. Beating Millwall 2-0 at Pride Park to stay up - pitch evasion at the end.

A bit of a bitter sweet one really, a pretty god awful season which saw us stay up by the skin of our teeth, really good game which we was the better team and the pitch invasion at the end was brilliant - actually meant something - also Leon Osman was incredible on loan that season.

8. Last premiership El Cloughieco Derby - Carbonari does an unbelievable turn through the forest defence and scored!

This was the last premier league game between us and forest, was a good game we won and carbonari turning the defence inside out was brilliant to watch, one of the first Derby-Forest games I remember.

7. Beating Man Utd 1-0 Kris Commons screamer.

The whole team played well that night, dominated a fair Man Utd side at Pride Park in a league cup semi final and the goal scored by Commons was incredible, the champions of europe, england and the world was beaten by the freshly named worst team in history.

6. Hulse scoring beat Forest 1-0 to end their unbeaten run and sending them on a bad run of form.

A game which wasn't the most exciting and people may not know why it is so high up, but if anyone remembers we was on a pretty poor run, Forest had been unbeaten in 19 or so games and particularly carried a very good away record, when we beat them at Pride Park they went to pot and I don't think they recorded another away victory all year (may be wrong) this is why it is so high up!

5. Beating Forest 3-0 at Pride Park with an unbelievable performance.

A game where we completely played the dogs off the park, the passing that day was sublime and they simply couldn't handle us, tommy smiths goal particularly finished off an incredible move that went from right to left.

4. Beating Forest 4-2 Pescisolido coffee cup goal

No surprise that this game was up there, was fairly early on in our championship days and was an incredible atmosphere for the game, the wind especially made it a brilliant day for a Derby and was capped off with very good finish from Pesch made our dominance certain, also remember the abuse a certain Andy Reid got that game.

The top 3 now!!

3. Beating Leeds 2-0 and sending them into league one!

Although their fate was already sealed previous it was great to see us pin them to the bottom of the division, with the atmosphere being one of the best its ever been at Pride Park - the love for Seth Johnson and watching them sink to their fate was brilliant, made it even better knowing we was going to be in the play offs in a couple of weeks.

2. Jake Buxton goal in the last minute - pandemonium.

It was without question my favourite Derby Forest game at Pride Park - The game itself wasn't the best and we pinned them in their half for the most part of the game and it looked like it wasn't going to happen - the injury to shaun barker and the emergence of Jake Buxton was at the grimace of some fans, but in the 6th minute of injury time a ball placed in the box beautifully by Ben Davies and seeing Jake Buxton dominate the air like we know he can and put the ball in the goal - pandemonium!

1. Southampton at home in the play off final.

Without question the best day at pride park - was an incredible atmosphere, exciting game with lots of twists and turns which ended in a penalty shoot out with our old fan favourite smashing it over the bar, couldn't of been any better if someone wrote it... truly an unforgettable day and in many ways better than the actual wembley game.

there we go,

Memorable game for me was Man U 2-2 Wanchope scored a brilliant goal that everyone forgets about because of his one at OT, and then went and did his clssic dancing celebration with shirt over his head. Think Manure got a last minute equaliser but was still a great game.

And this will always stick in the mind as the worst decesions not to give a penatly, right at the end eranio gets taken out.

A few superb memories there. Like quite a few of you I was brought up and tutoured in my early football years at The Baseball Ground and I really miss those days. Get quite grumpy at times regarding PPS ( especially its name) so it was most welcome reading through a few memorable games and events at our current home.

My personal favourites are the coffee cup and Peschs goal. Beating Leeds on Boxing Day last year and the England v Mexico game.

IF I ever win the lottery ( quadrouple roll over) and buy the club then my 1st job would be to change the stadiums name back to BBG. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I left out memorable incidents otherwise I think number 2 would of been...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01106/attwell_1106247c

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

i am a season ticket holder and would have been at this game but for the life of me i cant remember what you are referring to here ??

remind me please 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Archived