Nigel or The Board?

marko

Yeh 500k for Davies maybe, and maximum 500k for the rest. So assuming we did get that maximum 1mil. We'd have to replace Steve Davies which would be difficult on its own. We'd also need 1/2 wingers. Obviously if you bought Jacobs you'd only have 600k left for the striker and another winger. So we'd be unlikely to improve. Would you agree YR?

I think we could get more than 500k for the rest, bdavies 300k, tyson 200k, 100k combined for doyle and adkins, SDavies i think we could push 600k for. I think a striker for 800k , maybe a winger to back up it could definitely work for arouns 400k. We could also secure a couple of loans to back up if needed for example at center back and left back. While younger players could improve and play a part. Again I am not a manager and the budget is tight.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think Tyson would fetch 250k. BDavies was bought for 350k and is now 2 years older.. 31 he would go for 200 max. S Davies has a terrible injury record and is in the last year of his contract so again would be surprised if it was over 500k. Ball has scored 3 championship goals he would never fetch more than Maguire did.

which is why I wouldn't Ball for less than thatbecause he is still an option to use unless I received a fee of 400k or more. Tyson would fetch 250k from a league 1 team he still has pace and that is more important in the lower leagues than here. Ben Davies would fetch 300k easily, while his general play here is poor he is good for league 1 and has given us a good few assists in league 1 he would be potent. S Davies has a prolific record and teams will want him, we could command 600k if push came to shove for someone to gamble on him.

YR, for the sake of our sanity, Clough believes that the only way he can improve the squad is to sell Shack. Other posters have used the words "coerced", "forced" etc, but what it boils down to is one mans opinion working under a tight budget.

If it works, Clough will be feted as a top class manager, if it doesn't then we better get prepared to boo the next owners and/or manager. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Yes I agree with you, that is what clough feels however that is not him being forced in my view. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I will stop with this now anyway

which is why I wouldn't Ball for less than thatbecause he is still an option to use unless I received a fee of 400k or more. Tyson would fetch 250k from a league 1 team he still has pace and that is more important in the lower leagues than here. Ben Davies would fetch 300k easily, while his general play here is poor he is good for league 1 and has given us a good few assists in league 1 he would be potent. S Davies has a prolific record and teams will want him, we could command 600k if push came to shove for someone to gamble on him.

Thats a fair assessment YR. Like I said pretty much the safe option. The point I'm trying to make is without any massive changes and with the league getting harder if we bought really well and had a good season i still don't think we'd make the play offs. Clough has rolled the dice and it could land us in the bottom half but if he pulls it off and replaces shackell on the cheap he might just sneak us in the play offs you never know.

Thats a fair assessment YR. Like I said pretty much the safe option. The point I'm trying to make is without any massive changes and with the league getting harder if we bought really well and had a good season i still don't think we'd make the play offs. Clough has rolled the dice and it could land us in the bottom half but if he pulls it off and replaces shackell on the cheap he might just sneak us in the play offs you never know.

I know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> It is a gamble and we shall see, however he does have to replace a big presense in the team which in my view will eat a big chunk of any money made in the deal. In my plan the key figures are kept and the spine of the team is kept intact, if it completely fails we could be in for an awful season, if it works it could be great. We shall have to wait and see 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> It is a gamble and we shall see, however he does have to replace a big presense in the team which in my view will eat a big chunk of any money made in the deal. In my plan the key figures are kept and the spine of the team is kept intact, if it completely fails we could be in for an awful season, if it works it could be great. We shall have to wait and see 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We shall!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The best thing about this is we will probably see a lot more goals at PP next season just a question of which net!! Our defence will probably be worse and our strike force better!

We shall!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The best thing about this is we will probably see a lot more goals at PP next season just a question of which net!! Our defence will probably be worse and our strike force better!

Hopefully both improve 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I only like goals going into the opposition net 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yes I agree with you, that is what clough feels however that is not him being forced in my view. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I will stop with this now anyway

He's not been "forced", I understand where you are coming from but the reality is he is the one who will live or die by his decisions. If it turns to ***** this season then Clough will most likely be gone.

I hope not. I think Nigel Clough will one day be remembered as one of the greats. I hope its with us.

If our inevitable return to the Premier League comes under Clough's tenure then it will seem sweeter to many than if we'd have bought it.

He's not been "forced", I understand where you are coming from but the reality is he is the one who will live or die by his decisions. If it turns to ***** this season then Clough will most likely be gone.

I hope not. I think Nigel Clough will one day be remembered as one of the greats. I hope its with us.

If our inevitable return to the Premier League comes under Clough's tenure then it will seem sweeter to many than if we'd have bought it.

Of course, if it goes south even early this year then heavy pressure will mount and he'll be gone. I personally think he is an average manager, however I hope I am wrong as he is managing us and if he does return us to the premier league then it shall be sweeter than under someone else. I don't disagree with that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I don't think we would get much for Tyson, Bavies, Savies, Ball, Doyle and Deeney? Some off the wages but not a lot in transfer fees.

Tyson has clubs interested one being Charlton.

Shrewsbury town Massively want him and are willing to use jon taylor to get him as they want experience in their battle to stay in the league.

Savies will fetch between 500k-1m

Ball and Doyle will be loaned

Deeney probs released.

Steven pearson,Dean leacock,Paul green,Steven Bywater,Russel Anderson were all on big wages they combined free up 40k a week.Lee crofts wages are being payed by Oldham.Addison and Savies will free up another 12k.There were more like Cykwa and

Maguires.We have to ask ourselves How bad is it?.Jewells spent all the funds that were injected into the club.We have got rid of 10+ senior players freeing up more than 50k a week.Yet we are still are relying on more sales or players leaving.Without the youngsters who will be low wages.we have 15 senior players left all 8k and under.It Annoys me how the Majority of League 1 have

more money than us and more players.Huddlesfield and Sheffield wednesday have already recruited more players now than we imagine to in 3 seasons.Even if they dont want to change that wage budget into transfer budget they can still sign free transfers.

Who will be on lower wages.If it took selling Half our team to reduce the debt to 7 Million inwhich they have to pay off in Monthly amounts which has interest.They shouldnt be in this game.If the worst does happen and we get releagted we will be instantly with massive Financial Impacts as the number of fans will drop and Merchandise sales will drop.But Effectively in the Long run it would be better as currently we operate as a Mid table league 1 team but the club is the size of a Mid table Prem team.Im suprised someone like Alan sugar hasnt spotted us as a good investment.All they need to do is pay off the 7 million which with promotion can easily be made back and start generating small amounts to benefit the team.I think we need someone with better bussiness sense or more knowlege of running a club especially at a higher level.

Of course, if it goes south even early this year then heavy pressure will mount and he'll be gone. I personally think he is an average manager, however I hope I am wrong as he is managing us and if he does return us to the premier league then it shall be sweeter than under someone else. I don't disagree with that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Good. I may write a poem about you. Boycie dunna seem to appreciate poetry.....bit of a weirdo if you ask me.

I Love Nigel Clough.He is the first Manager in ages where i cant see them sacking him.He has done amazing with what hes been given.When he has had to make decisions about getting rid of players hes made the right call as if it wasnt shackell it would have been brayford and i can assure you there would have been a riot if he got rid of our brayford.Shackell will from now on only decrease in value due to age whereas hendrick and brayford become 3x what they worth.Shackell is a Journeyfan and only ever stayed at Norwich.So he would have totally accepted it.But from the tone of his voice in the interviews you can tell he massively enjoyed it here and wanted to see it out.From day 1 when he scored on his debut.What i dont want is to see all the money we manage to get splashed out on 1/2 players as that changes the atmosphere in the changing room as Those players will come in with a Cocky Attitude expecting to get first team even though clough lets the players choose themselves by proofing to him in training sessions and performances.Its ovb we need 6 players to become a team.My only worry is 4 of those are to be defenders and everybody knows you have to build from the back.Young but experienced is the key

We only really needed a striker though (before we sold one the best centre halfs in the NPC)

With Savies still to be sold aswell, Reading got Le Fondre for 350k last season!

Jacobs signed so out wide ok

Fullback cover could have been a season loan (jack Robinson etc)

We are suffering because we have a Board who do not wish to invest any more money in an investment they probably wish they had never made, and who simply do not understand the football world. We also suffer because we have a very ordinary manager who is happy to live in his comfort zone, working close to home in an area where he was born and raised. I dont think he has the inclination or the courage to say to the Board that he will go unless they loosen the financial shackles. I dont think many managers with any stature or pride would stand for this.

We are in the top 2 or 3 for attendances in the Championship, but have a bottom 6 budget for players.

What the hell is going on?

If we had a player such as Jay Rodrigues, he'd have been sold for less than half of what Burnley got for him.

We are in the top 2 or 3 for attendances in the Championship, but have a bottom 6 budget for players.

What the hell is going on?

If we had a player such as Jay Rodrigues, he'd have been sold for less than half of what Burnley got for him.

So someone would have offered £7m and we'd have said no it's ok, £3.5m will do.

All of the other clubs know that we virtually give players away.

Southampton & others would have started the bidding ridiculously low, gradually increased it, we would say "he's going nowhere", they would then come back with a marginal increase - we would then have said " OK, £2.75m and he's yours".

Job done.

Cloughs a ***** manager that's why we've been a ***** team since he arrived

Agreed. We were brilliant under Bd/PJ in the Prem and also under Jewell in this division. Why we ever got rid and appointed this pudding I'll never know.

Archived