Nigel or The Board?

marko

Right listen up rams fans,

If I win the 42,000,000 tonight, expect a PD press release 09:00 on Monday morning. I'll see us right.

I'll be on the 'player suggestions thread' with Cloughie from 13:00 onwards.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right listen up rams fans,

If I win the 42,000,000 tonight, expect a PD press release 09:00 on Monday morning. I'll see us right.

I'll be on the 'player suggestions thread' with Cloughie from 13:00 onwards.

i did not say i ws good at football but but very very good pl profit and loss to u just want to see the book to see how much money r the yanks getting out og us that all

Aaaaarrrgghhh!! Kenzo - no text speak, please!

Thankyou.

You say Clough has had a "zero budget", yet this is the same bloke who extended Savages contract by a further year; He alone was on over 12k a week. If Clough had any sense he'd not have renewed Savages contract - but signed two "younger" players (whether it be freebies or someone from the lower leagues).

Tyson also was signed and will most probably be one of the clubs higest earners; He proved at Florist He has hamstrings made from paper and yet Clough still deemed him good enough for the club, great management there huh? Another 8k (?) being wasted.

He gave Miles Addisons a contract extension and he'd most probably have seen a increase in wages, another masterplan?

He signed the likes of Doyle, Cywka, Maguire, Deeney, Martin and Croft - Those six alone would have a combined wage of atleast 15k...

I would also have kept Shackell and cashed in on Mason Bennett. Bennett is being tracked by City, Arsenal,United and would have fetched twice asmuch as the million or so Burnley paid for Shackell.

You say Clough has had a "zero budget", yet this is the same bloke who extended Savages contract by a further year; He alone was on over 12k a week. If Clough had any sense he'd not have renewed Savages contract - but signed two "younger" players (whether it be freebies or someone from the lower leagues).

Tyson also was signed and will most probably be one of the clubs higest earners; He proved at Florist He has hamstrings made from paper and yet Clough still deemed him good enough for the club, great management there huh? Another 8k (?) being wasted.

He gave Miles Addisons a contract extension and he'd most probably have seen a increase in wages, another masterplan?

He signed the likes of Doyle, Cywka, Maguire, Deeney, Martin and Croft - Those six alone would have a combined wage of atleast 15k...

I would also have kept Shackell and cashed in on Mason Bennett. Bennett is being tracked by City, Arsenal,United and would have fetched twice asmuch as the million or so Burnley paid for Shackell.

And that is exactly why you do what you do and Nigel Clough does a fine job of managing a football club 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If it's a straight question of picking between the two, it's the board.

I'm not blind to Clough's faults but I'm not blind to his strengths either. I'd take some convincing that he wanted to sell one of his better players. I doubt he had any choice though if he wanted to try to make progress.

I'm getting used to it all now though. May as well prepare yourselves for the next one!

Is there even the slightest hint in there that we're going to lose another big name Bob? I mean other than Davies S?

He extended the contract of Savage to spread his salary over two years rather than one. I thought that was quite astute.

I don't recall Tyson having any problems with his hamstrings. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

As I understand it, they had to give Addison an extension - something to do with his age.

Most of the players you have mentioned did not cost anything in fees. Even the most depressive of supporters would understand that they were just part of the building process. Doyle will have to develop this year or be moved on, Deeney may well be the sub keeper for part of the season.

So you would have sold one of the most promising players we have had for years rather than a nearly 29 year old slightly above average defender - that is the bit that I find a bit weird.

Is there even the slightest hint in there that we're going to lose another big name Bob? I mean other than Davies S?

No, Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. What I meant is that I can see this happening again in the "nearish" future [transfer windows/next close season]. I don't know who but I think NC would have to do the same with Brayford, Bryson,Ward or one of the young lads if an offer came in that would allow him to buy more players to strengthen the squad. It's a long term project.

I don't want it to happen but I just think we should be ready for it rather than think the world is coming to an end....

So you would have sold one of the most promising players we have had for years rather than a nearly 29 year old slightly above average defender - that is the bit that I find a bit weird.

Gareth Bale? Theo Walcot? Oxlade Chamberlaine? Jay Rodriguez?

(Young)Players at the top of my head who got sold for a hefty amount and replaced with good/proven players eg Lambert, Sharp, Fox and ofcourse in Burnleys case Shackell.

We don't need Saul Deeney as we are overloaded in that area already; Fielding, Legzdins, Morch, Adkins...

Doyle has done nothing to warrent a professional contract and theirs little evidence He will improve anytime soon.

And this so-called "developement squad" is the biggest crock of ***** i've heard; Martin, Pringle, Moxey, Doyle, Cywka, Abalimba...

Shackell leaving was the icing on the cake. People harp on about Him being almost 29, yet failing to realise the average defender can play well into their latter 30's. Look at David Weir for example, played in the SPL at 42!

And that is exactly why you do what you do and Nigel Clough does a fine job of managing a football club 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Clough has done an ok job. Nothing more. The problem is the talk from the board making fans believe in progress and Clough's actions suggesting anything but.

In the current situation he has taken a gamble that will either make him or break him this season. But wonderfully for the board, this was not presented as their choice. We will only know if the gamble was worth it once we are getting into the season. I do not agree with it, but at least it is an issue that can genuinely be debated.

I have followed this club for more than 30 years and have been through some miserable times; relegation to Div 3 in 1984, the Maxwell years, the three amigos etc, but I have never felt so flat as I do right now. There seems to be no end to the misery of having to put up with a board who clearly have no ambition for the club, and a dull limited parochial manager who is quite happy to plod on under any circumstances. I genuinely feel as though something has to give this coming season; the way we are going we look to have one of the poorest squads in the Championship. If we start struggling I can see fans staying away in droves and there being a real backlash.

I used to look forward to the start of every season however poor we had been previously. Now I have just lost interest - everything about the way the club is being run at the moment disgusts me; the way we've been turned from one of the Championships big boys into this timid little mouse of a club buying cheap lower league kids and selling our best players, despite being told we didnt have to sell anyone. This might be ok for some but I've had enough. I'll be staying away until the Americans have gone.

With you all the way jayram. I've already stated the same in other threads and got shot down in flames by certain members. It's nice to know that it's not just me against the rest.

With you all the way jayram. I've already stated the same in other threads and got shot down in flames by certain members. It's nice to know that it's not just me against the rest.

I'm with you as well. Clough is so out of his depth. He shows no respect to anyone. If his name wasn't Clough, he would not be at the club. He employs his friends or family in key positions at the club to ensure that he does not get exposed. He is not capable of managing a championship club. Managing at league 2 does not qualify him to manage at this level, and he demonstrates this every at every game.

How can Clough coach and develop ex premier league or high end championship players when he does not have the coaching qualification of a premier league manager? When the players go in they get trained not coached or developed.

Clough needs to go.

Sorry dcfcfans, this won't be happening now 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I figure you'd need to win it twice in order to be able to make a difference anyway. And therein lies half the problem. It's fine saying "yanks out" - but unless someone with £80m to spare is lurking around, you need £40m just to keep the status quo.

Archived