Nigel or The Board?

marko

Is Nigel really to blame for the sale of our skipper or must the blame be placed at the feet of our board. It's easy to shoot **** at our manager but surely if the board stumped up a little more money for him to play with all this wouldn't have happened. I'm all for watching the purse strings but wouldn't a comprimise between save and spend do a club good every now and again instead of a "save at all costs" attitude?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's operating on a zero budget.

He's also probably been told that there's no room in the wage budget even with a number of players going.

Left with that, the only way to bring players in to shore up any gaps is to sell. Shackell was probably our more sellable asset.

At least by selling now we have over a month to bring players in.

Ive been looking at every ones opinions about whos to blame for the sale of Shackle , For me Cloughs hands are tied and hes here to do a job on a shoe string , he has no control of the budget and has to be judged on what he does with the budget provided .

just think were taking steps backwards and its all out of Nigels hands

Board out lol

Ive been looking at every ones opinions about whos to blame for the sale of Shackle , For me Cloughs hands are tied and hes here to do a job on a shoe string , he has no control of the budget and has to be judged on what he does with the budget provided .

Board out lol

He's operating on a zero budget.

He's also probably been told that there's no room in the wage budget even with a number of players going.

Left with that, the only way to bring players in to shore up any gaps is to sell. Shackell was probably our more sellable asset.

At least by selling now we have over a month to bring players in.

There's been no mention of needing to reduce wage budgets so I think its a case of wages saved may be spent

This is pointless, the majority love clough and defend the man because his father was manager during the greatest period in our history. It doesn't matter what happens, clough shall have the majority of the fans backing through almost any circumstance.

There's been no mention of needing to reduce wage budgets so I think its a case of wages saved may be spent

Hopefully, but with us making another loss last season let's hope they don't see another reduction on the wagebill (that's already happened) as a great way of reducing those losses this season. They haven't said that we need to reduce the wagebill but they might happily take it if it happened, which for the moment it has.

Hopefully that's not the case though.

If it's a straight question of picking between the two, it's the board.

I'm not blind to Clough's faults but I'm not blind to his strengths either. I'd take some convincing that he wanted to sell one of his better players. I doubt he had any choice though if he wanted to try to make progress.

I'm getting used to it all now though. May as well prepare yourselves for the next one!

Board out lol

How is He operating on a zero budget?

800,000 on Bailey/Brayford

500,000 on Maguire

300,000 on Moxey

400,000 on Porter

400,000 on Fielding

300,000 on Robinson

350,000 on Davies

250,000 on Martin

900,000 on Barker

750,000 on Shackell

He's had money in the pot and with the exceptions of Brayford, Robinson, Barker and Bryson He hasn't done a great deal with it...

How is He operating on a zero budget?

800,000 on Bailey/Brayford

500,000 on Maguire

300,000 on Moxey

400,000 on Porter

400,000 on Fielding

300,000 on Robinson

350,000 on Davies

250,000 on Martin

900,000 on Barker

750,000 on Shackell

He's had money in the pot and with the exceptions of Brayford, Robinson, Barker and Bryson He hasn't done a great deal with it...

For one i didnt say a zero budget .

I cant see how he would want to build by selling his player of the year who has only been here for one year, best player hes signed sold for a mere profit .

but the question was whos to blame for the sale of Shackle and i feel its not his decision to sell , but as manager its his job to justify what the boards decide to do!

The day he speaks his mind then he will be turned on ! IMO

not trying to say all his signings are going to be a success ie due to his skills and stubborness!

But dont believe he is allowed to build now due to funds

Archived