Nigel or The Board?

marko

I'm with you as well. Clough is so out of his depth. He shows no respect to anyone. If his name wasn't Clough, he would not be at the club. He employs his friends or family in key positions at the club to ensure that he does not get exposed. He is not capable of managing a championship club. Managing at league 2 does not qualify him to manage at this level, and he demonstrates this every at every game.

How can Clough coach and develop ex premier league or high end championship players when he does not have the coaching qualification of a premier league manager? When the players go in they get trained not coached or developed.

Clough needs to go.

So you can only manage at the level you enter football management in? Interesting. Back to East Fife for Fergie.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure you'd need to win it twice in order to be able to make a difference anyway. And therein lies half the problem. It's fine saying "yanks out" - but unless someone with £80m to spare is lurking around, you need £40m just to keep the status quo.

Sad but true.

Ah well, back to hoping Nigel can work his magic and can some how get us out of the Championship with the famous - honesty, hard work and endeavour. I wouldn't put it past him, but that's me and I fookin love him 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

So you can only manage at the level you enter football management in? Interesting. Back to East Fife for Fergie.

Not at all, but when you come to a Championship side you have to adapt your mentality, training methods and man management skills, and he hasn't done that. He has come to derby and tried managing it like a lower league club. He is slowly making the squad weaker which will not get us anywhere.

Why doesn't Clough walk away from this job as Manager of the Rams if the Board are so intolerable as many suggest to work under. Because I suggest Clough and the board are intrinsically linked. The board have invested in DCFC.

Because Mr. Curtain he obviously does not think they are intolerable to work under. They set the parameters and he works within them. Happens in every club and company in the country.

Its Neither its the Owners(Lack Off).The thing that people associate with derby now is this young players tag and that attracts young

lower league players to join us ahead of other e.g Jacobs and that was all Tom Glick's idea to start making use of the Academy.Nigel is very much the David Moyes of the Championship done wonders with a very small budget.As much as im annoyed about shacks leaving and a few others at least he made the decision and it wasnt driven by the board.Many boards e.g Chelsea and Liverpool basically manage the club with choosing transfers.Whereas in Glicks early season interview he said the chairman would take a back seat and focus on Sales in other areas like the Enhancing the Match day experience.I would like Clough to once again bring Players

from small leagues like Hendrick and Obrien.As would prefer him use the money wisely than splash out on big wages and fees on one player.We should be a team of capable players not relying on one player.

We will never buy Players with lots and lots of Ability due to not enough money thats why this system of buying player under 21 and developing them is alot better than buying the finish product for 10 x the amount.Im suprised that the club having little money and focusing on cheap or the free agents that we didnt jump at the rangers situation with alot of good young scottish talent at a big club.Such as Centre Back Ross perry who im sure is still a free agent.

The sad facts which we need to face are these:

1) We are running at a loss and unless more revenue comes in or we reduce costs this shall continue. Raising ticket prices is unlikely to happen as the economy shall dictate that and we are looking into an abyss on that front. So either miraculous increased advertising or cutbacks on salaries shall be neccesary.

2) Our owners shall not make personal investment in the team which means we have to rely heavily on player sales or profits made from the club. Because of point number one this puts us in a bind.

3) Promotion is unlikely as by the time we bring in good players e.g Shackell, they shall age and be sold on for a profit used to buy 'young hungry players' who could easily fail. This shall create little continuity in the team which shall create seperate difficulties. We shall have to rely on the young which is risky if talent dries up for even 2-3 years we could struggle as we cannot bring in replacements. We are relying on one or two players to make it really big which rarely happens.

4) We are stuck with the owners unless someone has a spare few hundred million in the bank who wants to buy us which again in this economic climate is unlikely to happen. The other option is for the whole culture of football to change which it shall not for a long time in my view.

5) We are managed by a man who cannot perform miracles at this level, however if he continues in this way he shall not be sacked either. Which shall result in stagnation of the club. I know I have posted erratically in the past, however these are the facts of the situation. Unless something changes within these factors then we aren't going to go up and we shall most probably stagnate.

The board 100%. There is no way Clough would have sold Shackell if he didn't have to. It is Clough's ability to sign players with sell on value that make investing while he's manager a low risk. Board out.

The board 100%. There is no way Clough would have sold Shackell if he didn't have to. It is Clough's ability to sign players with sell on value that make investing while he's manager a low risk. Board out.

Evidence? Can people stop making statements with no factual credibility on this issue. We have no evidence that Clough didn't want to sell Shackell or that he did. Unless anyone can prove it either way I think we should veto talk on this particular issue personally.

For the first time in a long time, I feel obliged to give you a Like for that post. 100% bang on the money.

Thank you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> It is the first time in a long time I have sat back and thought about the situation at Derby County without getting hot headed or annoyed at what I perceive to be happening which probably accounts for the apparent sense of the post:)

I dunno, he seems happy enough with Naylor OB Buxton.

Thank you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> It is the first time in a long time I have sat back and thought about the situation at Derby County without getting hot headed or annoyed at what I perceive to be happening which probably accounts for the apparent sense of the post:)

DCFC's time will come again. But it ain't now, and it ain't in the foreseeable. Maybe FFP will change the playing field radically (although it's got some big flaws, I'd hope they can be worked on). On the bright side, I don't expect F*rest's owners to be anything other than charlatans who take them down a pretty serious cul-de-sac [size=1]but that might be blind optimism.[/size]

Evidence YR? How about the fact he made him captain and picked him for every game?

That's not evidence he didn't want to sell him for an offer which he couldn't turn down and improve the team in other areas. That is simply stating a fact about what he did with him while he was here.

DCFC's time will come again. But it ain't now, and it ain't in the foreseeable. Maybe FFP will change the playing field radically (although it's got some big flaws, I'd hope they can be worked on). On the bright side, I don't expect F*rest's owners to be anything other than charlatans who take them down a pretty serious cul-de-sac [size=1]but that might be blind optimism.[/size]

Of course our time shall come again 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I think any financial regulation of the game will encounter difficulties because of the way people can manipulate almost any financial regulation. It seems to regulate money is the most difficult thing to regulate. Let's hope Forest's owners are nothing but charlatans 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> who take them to the brink of administration and they have to have fans holding buckets outside Pride Park to receive money from us for their survival. Of course it might be blind optimism but we can all hope 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm sure he'd rather have kept Shackell and strengthened in other areas.

But you don't know that, that is your assumption. Again please provide evidence that clough had to sell shackell.

Archived