Nigel or The Board?

marko

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is He operating on a zero budget?

The days of a net positive transfer spend ended with star.

Since then Nigel's always had to sell before he can buy. Transfer activity during his reign is at or very close to neutral.

Considering that we've had poor squads since we came down, trying to improve that after traditionally selling our better players for peanuts (Hulse, Commons), without having a decent transfer kitty is difficult.

I am sick and tired of this board being cheap skates all the time cutting corners were they can, if nigal won't stand upto them it is about time us derby county fans did, i say were get our message across back nigel or get the hell out of our club they have had there chance and now it is time for them to go, i think we need owners who will invest some money into the club, this is also not the first ******* time they have sold our best players. and once again nigal clough is being told sell sell sell cut the wages man we are tieing your hands even further. i say during our preseason we protest against them at all games until they sell up or give our nigal some flucking money.

As the dust settled, I explained our situation. Our income is ridiclous, we have a budget which is said to be a neutral one, which means we're going to make roughly a 5/6million pound loss this season. I think people do not appreciate this and consider it small but there are a lot other teams making less investment than we're but they have income from player sales (like burnley) or have parachute payments (like blackburn)

We have a team, on a budget and no other form of investment (even leicester are selling before they buy this season) so we've got to make adjustments to improve the team, clough needs to improve the team by changing the team which he is going about, only time will tell if he is right, will have to take gambles and will have to try and turn 1 good player into 2, and work on maximising our budget.

I would of perhaps done things differently in this situation as other people would, but some people don't understand how difficult it is to get teams to part with their money, some of the figures people suggest for our fringe players is laughable. I was hearing 500k for Maguire, 300k for Addison...etc just doesn't happen like that, we need to act quickly and efficiently.

I believed that when we accepted that bid for Shackell it's because we already had something in the pipeline that we wanted to complete quickly, only a hunch but suppose we'll have to wait and see.

800,000 on Bailey/Brayford

500,000 on Maguire

300,000 on Moxey

400,000 on Porter

400,000 on Fielding

300,000 on Robinson

350,000 on Davies

250,000 on Martin

900,000 on Barker

750,000 on Shackell

He's had money in the pot and with the exceptions of Brayford, Robinson, Barker and Bryson He hasn't done a great deal with it...

From memory (before Shack) he's spent about 1m net. In 3 years. The problem is wages, trying to attract players with our wage budget is what makes it very difficult.

From memory (before Shack) he's spent about 1m net. In 3 years. The problem is wages, trying to attract players with our wage budget is what makes it very difficult.

Mears - 500k

Villa - 1.6million

Dickinson - 300k

Nyatanga - 500k

Varney - 750k

Maguire - 250k

Shackell - 1.1million

Moxey - 500k

Hulse - 800k

Commons - 300k

about 7million and we haven't spent that much...

Who is to blame for Clough (The Manager) having to go and sell his one remaining proven championship quality centre back.

Without a shadow of a doubt it is The board who must be held responsible.

Since last summer, the funding The board promissed to us supporters to strengthen the team dried up soon after Shackell was signed. Its obvious. Thats why, The board never managed to bring in a leader in central midfield. Thats why The board never managed to bring in a proven goalscorer to lead the line. We were all expecting someone else along with Tyson. Robinson was not meant to be the one to lead the line for us last season. The Manager had no other options. The Manager had to make do with the cheapest options available. Thats why The Manager has been forced to play Ball, Bennett, and Hendrick as much as he did last season. No way was Bennett ready to make an impact. Hendrick's emergence was timed to perfection and saved The board some flack.

In the clubs official statement, Glick makes a longer statement saying they are sad to see him go

(As if The board cared more than The Manager!), that The board are looking to use the money to make two signings including a replacement. Two for the price of one. Thats been their line all summer anyway. The board will not provide investment for The Manager to strengthen the squad so that we can make the progress that The board keep promissing us each Season Ticket renewal period.

No doubt The Manager has decided that Shackell is the player who he thinks he can replace the most effectively. Despite knowing it would cause a backlash from the supporters.

No way does The Manager believe Naylor, O'brien and Buxton will be sufficient. Naylor hasen't even played centre back for us yet! O'brien is just out of his nappies. Clough said after Buxton scored the winner against Forest, " that will probably be the highlight of his career" Buxton is always seen as reliable squad player to Clough.

800,000 on Bailey/Brayford

500,000 on Maguire

300,000 on Moxey

400,000 on Porter

400,000 on Fielding

300,000 on Robinson

350,000 on Davies

250,000 on Martin

900,000 on Barker

750,000 on Shackell

He's had money in the pot and with the exceptions of Brayford, Robinson, Barker and Bryson He hasn't done a great deal with it...

if I remember rightly then all our contenders for player of the season last year - and the winner 2010/11 - were signed by Clough for little money. Thats a very strong record given that players in these price brackets will always be something of a a gamble.

Mears - 500k

Villa - 1.6million

Dickinson - 300k

Nyatanga - 500k

Varney - 750k

Maguire - 250k

Shackell - 1.1million

Moxey - 500k

Hulse - 800k

Commons - 300k

about 7million and we haven't spent that much...

The list of signings earlier is around 5m and doesn't include Jacobs or Varney

Give It a rest, they are trying to sell the flucking club, BUT no one wants to buy it.....! And why would you to be honest?

Why are florist getting bought out then are you saying that they are a bigger club then ours we should be a fantastic club for someone with the fan base we got

The list of signings earlier is around 5m and doesn't include Jacobs or Varney

Or Ward

The list doesn't include losses on players signed by Clough himself.

I'll bet it's less than losses incurred on players signed by Davros and star.

Not a bad gift! He looked great at Blackpool in the PL and scored some good goals. Pompey will sell anyone now, so why not look at him? Oh yes, i remember now Clough doesn't rate him thats why!!!!!!

I think NC does an okay job bearing in mind he has awful leaders and always has his dads shadow over him. Which must be a form of pressure in itself!

Please please prove us wrong NC and start the season of well.

Archived