Will Hughes

sage

Great display, however Peterbrough weren't that good, yes I know you can only play againest what is in front of you. He looked strong in the tackles, passing was great and some cracking corners, she if he can do it week in week out.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes hadn't touched the ball in the last ten minutes before he came off, as good as he played he was knackered and had dropped off the pace of the game.

really?

Thats your opinion, mine is that he was into everything, and that maybe why he was tired. But not touched the ball for 10 mins?

Who took the corners then?

really?

Thats your opinion, mine is that he was into everything, and that maybe why he was tired. But not touched the ball for 10 mins?

Who took the corners then?

Sage exaggerates the point but in those final few minutes before he went of Legzdins was probably more involved.

It's not unusual for a footballer who's just turned 17 to be knackered playing a game in the second tier of the proffesional game for 80 minutes. His body wasn't going to take much more and he was starting to limp.

As was Bryson.

Wish we hadn't brought Carroll on but there's no point keeping them both on.

it was ridiculous to take the best pair of players off.hughes and bryson.but thats clough for you.

I don't see what the problem was? Bryson was taken off so he could get the praise from the crowd, its what managers do, not just Clough. It's a great idea, why shouldn't he be allowed the praise, ay?

it was ridiculous to take the best pair of players off.hughes and bryson.but thats clough for you.

It was a masterstroke by Cloughie. To take of the new young pretender and the supporters Player of The Year before the final whistle enabled both of them to soak up the adulation of the fans. They both got standing ovations... quite rightly too 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It was to give the lad the standing ovation he deserved. The same as Bryson.

clough is in the business of winning football matches.The players were going on a lap of thanks after the game.Thats the chance for applause.if any had cramp fair enough,but to take players off for applause is wrong. I suppose theo was taken off for being top scorer then..i thought it was because he was rubbish.

Archived