Will Hughes

sage

His home debut today was simply superb. Forget all this talk of over hype. The lad was excellent and deserves all the hype he gets. In my 40 plus years of supporting Derby I have always wanted another Alan Hinton to come through.

The accuracy of his corners today was very, very good and the way he rode tackled and strolled past other players was very very good. He was also putting through some perfect long balls as well

Welcome to the 1st team Will Hughes. He could be young player of the year 2012/13

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need another striker who can stick the round thing in the netty thing without needing 5 other attempts.

Savies and Feo have shown in the last three home games that we need someone else up there with either of them to get in to the top 6.

I remember all the massive hype about Lee Holmes when he arrived in the first team at 15, saying he was going to play for England etc etc, and his career never hit those heights.

It's great for Hughes, but does all this evangelising mean that the first time he has a bad game there's going to be people on here saying how rubbish he is, waste of time, what's Clough playing all these youngsters for etc etc. Probably.

I remember all the massive hype about Lee Holmes when he arrived in the first team at 15, saying he was going to play for England etc etc, and his career never hit those heights.

It's great for Hughes, but does all this evangelising mean that the first time he has a bad game there's going to be people on here saying how rubbish he is, waste of time, what's Clough playing all these youngsters for etc etc. Probably.

Definately......

To take Will Hughes off, and put a loan player on was in my opinion, a senseless thing to do?

What did it tell Clough? He's gone back to spurs today?

Terrible sub again by Clough, some boo's in the west stand when this happened.

I think that was more about hitting an appearance clause,

in terms of carroll i cannot understand how a young lad like that didnt have the legs to chase the ball down in the second half!!!!!

dont like putting all this extra pressure on young players, they need support from everyone including fans its okay to be happy and excited but far too often we put to much pressure on them and it stops them from developing naturally

To take Will Hughes off, and put a loan player on was in my opinion, a senseless thing to do?

What did it tell Clough? He's gone back to spurs today?

Terrible sub again by Clough, some boo's in the west stand when this happened.

it was ridiculous to take the best pair of players off.hughes and bryson.but thats clough for you.

it was ridiculous to take the best pair of players off.hughes and bryson.but thats clough for you.

Hughes hadn't touched the ball in the last ten minutes before he came off, as good as he played he was knackered and had dropped off the pace of the game.

Archived