Will Hughes

sage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of over hyping going on here. Yes he played very well today, on his debut in a meangingless last day of the season fixture when there was hardly a tackle made, the opposition were poor and Derby were well on top.

Idiakez could ping a ball around the ground from all angles, as well as find the top corner regularly. Hughes did all the right things today, but none of them included anything like the above.

Hughes looks great. I hope he progresses well, and he looks to have many good attributes, but let's have this conversation in a couple of years time when he's got two seasons at this level behind him.

Oh and suddenly Bennett isn't going to make it? He hasn't even started training full time. give the lad a break for God's sake.

No one said Bennett wouldn't make it. I said Hughes is more likely to. I think Bennett is a kid who is a decent footballer who hit puberty incredibly early. It's obviously too early to tell with either - both will probably end up like Giles Barnes or at best Tom Huddlestone, but I just think Hughes is the better prospect. He plays well despite his size, not because of it.

I've seen Hughes play for the U18s twice and run the show and looked just like he did today.

My main point was that it's exciting that there's a young English player like Hughes that actually exists. It's a sign that this "if he ain't big he ain't a footballer" attitude that his left us coughing on the dust kicked up by Spain and Germany.

England will never win anything with midfielders like Parker and Barry passing the ball 6 yards to each other for 90 minutes.

Think it's far, far too early to write off Bennett yet, we haven't seen much of him to do that. He needs more time training, I'm confident he'll come good. And actually, regarding his height, he's actually taller than Bavies. Well, I'm taller than Bavies, come to that, I was stood next to him last week when my lad got his autograph and he's not that tall really.

And Will... I thought he had a cracking game today - up to delivering passes, made himself a mischief for his markers, put himself about a fair bit and knew what was what. He got my vote for MOM and was very refreshing and exciting to watch.

If the board really want to push for top 6 next season, they really should think long & hard before selling him to anybody. Our squad needs someone like him to help take us forward.

Manyoo can go sniff somewhere's else.

Except Tyson, he can keep his hair as it is. We don't want players passing to him

I think we should give him next season, people gettin on his back won't help. Everyone was slaggin theo off when he first came but if he'd have played all season he would of been a 20 goal striker.

I saw some glimpses today of what he's capable of, the defenders didn't know which way to turn most of the time, get him a full season, his touch will come back and his ball control. Not saying he's gonna be a worldy but good enough for us i think.

On another point, I dont rate Carroll at all but was really annoyed with the Derby fans when they booed him very loudly when he came on. He's ***** yes, but give the lad a break.

He'll be on loan at Forest/Leeds/Leicester next season, he'll get them promoted and score a brace at Pride Park.

Gotta say, that was one of the finest debut's I've seen of a youngster coming up through the ranks, so he's only got a left foot, never hurt Messi or George Best. Fine touches, superb passes, beat his man a few times, and made himself so much space, this guy's gonna go a long way!

A fantastic first start for Hughes, his performance belies his age.

The future looks bright with these promising lads coming through the ranks. Could save the club money in paying transfer fees for mediocre players.

I just hope we can keep this crop of players together.

Archived