Will Hughes

sage

Looks a great prospect. Best passer we've had at the club since Idiakez. Nice control and good on the ball.

I can see him starting a few games next year and being on the bench all season. Could be a real impact player in the last twenty minutes.

When he adds sone strength and stamina and makes better decisions around the box he will go all the way.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a great prospect. Best passer we've had at the club since Idiakez. Nice control and good on the ball.

I can see him starting a few games next year and being on the bench all season. Could be a real impact player in the last twenty minutes.

When he adds sone strength and stamina and makes better decisions around the box he will go all the way.

Spot on Sage.

He's good enough to not need that and his personal opinion is that you don't need to be big to make an impact in the game.

A bit more confidence in the box and we'd also be talking about his first goals in a Derby shirt.

Out of him and Bennett it's Hughes who I think will really make it. Sublime footballer. Just needs confidence.

Tottenham rave about Carroll but this guy has more talent in his little toe.

I'm more excited about Hughes as an England player than a Derby one. Hughes is more Spanish than English in his style and the more players we produce like him and the fewer players like Gareth Barry we produce the better.

Got to echo Duracell about Hughes and Bennett. Hughes definitely seemed to be better than Bennett, although he has had a year training evey day and Bennett hasn't had that yet, would like to see Bennett grow another couple of inches, he just seems a bit to small to be playing upfront, maybe better equipped to be a winger, can't be any worse then Tyson!

Hughes my MOTM anyway, looked class!

With Hughes coming through and the probability of buying another midfielder I can't see Bailey wanting to stick around to play 3rd or 4th choice..

I reckon he could be off in the summer

The rumour was that Wigan bid £750k for him. I would sell at that price.

Bit of over hyping going on here. Yes he played very well today, on his debut in a meangingless last day of the season fixture when there was hardly a tackle made, the opposition were poor and Derby were well on top.

Idiakez could ping a ball around the ground from all angles, as well as find the top corner regularly. Hughes did all the right things today, but none of them included anything like the above.

Hughes looks great. I hope he progresses well, and he looks to have many good attributes, but let's have this conversation in a couple of years time when he's got two seasons at this level behind him.

Oh and suddenly Bennett isn't going to make it? He hasn't even started training full time. give the lad a break for God's sake.

Will be a better player than Bennett and will become a regular in the team for the 2nd part of next season. Thought he was overrated before today but he was best player on the pitch and looks brilliant. Him, Bryson and Hendrick could easily play in the prem within a couple of years.

Message me if you want tonights lottery numbers.

Archived