frank fielding Cardiff

Geriatram

I've looked at the Cardiff goal a number of times today,and although it was a spectacular effort I feel that Frank was partially to blame,in as much as he had plenty of time to get back to the goal area, but that was just a one off.But it got me thinking about the time he first came in on loan he was like a breath of fresh air after Bywater, especially his distribution, and we were all disappointed when he went back to Blackburn.I have seen him every home match since he joined us full time and I feel he has gone backwards in that time.So can the finger be pointed at the goalkeeping coach,or was there a reason Blackburn let him go.Having said that I still think he is the right keeper for us.I was looking for a point on Tuesday so perhaps disappointment is clouding my thinking.does anyone else agree.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont think you cant blame him for that goal.

But, he's nothing special our Frank, makes mistakes, good shot stopper, average Championship keeper.

I haven't seen many shots from that far for a while....

I've looked at the Cardiff goal a number of times today,and although it was a spectacular effort I feel that Frank was partially to blame,in as much as he had plenty of time to get back to the goal area, but that was just a one off.But it got me thinking about the time he first came in on loan he was like a breath of fresh air after Bywater, especially his distribution, and we were all disappointed when he went back to Blackburn.I have seen him every home match since he joined us full time and I feel he has gone backwards in that time.So can the finger be pointed at the goalkeeping coach,or was there a reason Blackburn let him go.Having said that I still think he is the right keeper for us.I was looking for a point on Tuesday so perhaps disappointment is clouding my thinking.does anyone else agree.

. Well, you had a few bites, can't grumble with the effort.

He had a bit of a wobble mid season, but generally he's been a really good signing, esp considering he's playing his first full season for a club. It was a superb goal, but that centre half could try that shot all day again and never get it in like that. Bywater got done like that by Petrov I seem to remember in the Prem disaster.

He had a bit of a wobble mid season, but generally he's been a really good signing, esp considering he's playing his first full season for a club. It was a superb goal, but that centre half could try that shot all day again and never get it in like that. Bywater got done like that by Petrov I seem to remember in the Prem disaster.

It was Roy Carroll

2 mins 40 secs in

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCKweDvD6pI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCKweDvD6pI

Archived