Jake Buxton, Derby legend

Catch 23

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a donkey but tonight I love him! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

He is in no way a Donkey. Just that at the moment he is the necessary whipping boy for those that have to hate someone. He will come in and be very solid. A tidy passer and good reader of the game.

He's a lower league CB who is cover for average NPC centre backs.. That is all he is. He isn't in any way shape or form good enough to be starting at this level.. He can cover, that's all he's here to do. Some people can complain, I don't really see why as he doesn't cost anything and does his job of 'covering' our other CBs pretty well and he doesn't complain.

I hope he enjoys the limelight.. He will tell his Grandkids about that goal, must be the biggest moment in his career so good on him!

Never really had anything against him. He's always willing to get stuck in and he certainly isn't on much wage wise. I personally don't like how Clough utilises him sometimes but that's not his fault.

Good lad for scoring against the scum.

We should all cut him some slack. When he plays, he gives 100%, does what he's supposed to do in helping stop the other team score goals. We've never been on the end of a tonking with him in the side and he didn't look overwhelmed by the occasion when he came on last night. In fact he played a raking 40 yearder out to the wing that was the best pass out of defense all night. He's not hovering up a fortune of wages and excepts his place within the squad so what's peoples problem???

He's a lower league CB who is cover for average NPC centre backs.. That is all he is. He isn't in any way shape or form good enough to be starting at this level.. He can cover, that's all he's here to do. Some people can complain, I don't really see why as he doesn't cost anything and does his job of 'covering' our other CBs pretty well and he doesn't complain.

I hope he enjoys the limelight.. He will tell his Grandkids about that goal, must be the biggest moment in his career so good on him!

I disagree, I've been saying for ages now he's far better than many of the CBs we've been treated to. He's not a starter for a top 6 side, but he can hold his own in this league.

It's all about player perceptions. If he was foreign or it we signed him or £500k from Reading, no one would complain at all.

Archived