My opinion.

SillyBilly

Don't worry- I'll close the door on the way out.

The season ticket renewal package was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. An admission of failure seems to be discreetly emanating from the club on the basis that even Mr Glick refrained from his usual "top 6" propaganda. There was no "judge us by our actions" more a conscientious shift to the direction of the academy. However, the less monetarily endowed of us will continue questioning why any billionaire would bother with such a frugal grass roots strategy but alas, I'm told they have the interests of the club at heart; afterall we need only look at Portsmouth and now Rangers to remind ourselves of the consequences of bad fiscal policy. Admittedly there were some accompanying tokens on offer to spend on garments stained with a distorted Rams head in the club's shop; this appears to have satiated a decent number. The wage bill is still reportedly carrying extra weight, as the limit of NC's ability seems to be, at best, the ability to maintain egregiousness on less resources then it lays down a poignant marker of what is to come. F**k all.

Nigel in golfing terms seems to hit par for a considerable part but with the propensity to hit bogeys almost at will. Net result is a club whose spend in the championship (which I'd estimate to be around top 12) continually returns bottom half finishes. As of now, the club seems closer to attaining relegation than promotion with NC boasting 3.5 years in the job. Some speak of his excellent transfer record, reminding us of Bailey, Fielding, Ward, Brayford etc. Some speak of his clueless recruitment policy having seen wingers shipped in and shipped out, players signed and then not being played etc. The reality imo is equidistant between the two extremes. Aside from his remarkably average transfer record, the major point of contention appears to be his man management skills. One would hope that Nigel isn't as churlish and aloof with his players as he appears on the radio after a defeat. He seems to have inherited BC's arrogance and stubborness but lacks the charisma. Watching his body language pitch side would almost have you queuing up for death row, I'm not sure what effect a manager has on the team being animated on the touchline but Nigel might want to try it, I'd have thought anything is worth a try considering his dismal win record.

I'm still alarmed we haven't scored inside the last 10-15 minutes all season (think our latest goal is 75th min?) and this in my mind reflects on the negative outlook we take forward into games. Its the sort of thing a conspiracy theorist would have a wet dream over yet there appears to be no fuss made of such an embarrassing statistic. Derby away is pretty much a non-entity of a fixture interms of us making an impression on the game, its galling to see us show so much respect to mediocre teams. "Fortune favours the brave" certainly ain't one of those quotes on the wall at Moor Farm.

All in all, I'm thoroughly bored with everything at the club, have little confidence in Clough ever doing anything beyond average, no confidence in a board which failed alongside Jewell and now don't have the stomach to risk any more outside investment (beyond covering losses) and a support base which keeps reminding us "doubters" that progress is being made. Sadly, unless anything changes I'm done. Enjoyed all the major contributors on this board since the DET went down, best wishes for the future.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect your choice to be 'done', and agree/sympathise with most of your eloquently put views, i wish you well.

No point saying owt else cos u wont ever read it........

I cant not follow the club ive supported since i was a lad, no matter how bad it has gotten.

I'm still alarmed we haven't scored inside the last 10-15 minutes all season (think our latest goal is 75th min?) and this in my mind reflects on the negative outlook we take forward into games. Its the sort of thing a conspiracy theorist would have a wet dream over yet there appears to be no fuss made of such an embarrassing statistic. Derby away is pretty much a non-entity of a fixture interms of us making an impression on the game, its galling to see us show so much respect to mediocre teams. "Fortune favours the brave" certainly ain't one of those quotes on the wall at Moor Farm.

We scored in the last minute vs Barnsley..

This therefore dispells any evidence that we're a negative team going into the final moments and that the fact that we haven't scored a winner from a drawing position at 80 minutes since September 2009 as something irrelevant or unfortunate..

I kindly made a thread to all those that didn't believe this fact when I mentioned it last October/November time and it got quickly thrown out the window like it was some sort of FBI coverup.

Don't worry SillyBilly we'll get there.. It's all about baby steps and constant improving.. We are improving, a few points a season and we'll make it.. Oh and performances are irrelevant, NC said so himself.. 'No-one complains when you're winning' were his exact words.

silly billy bye, I for one will miss your well thought out and intriguing posts. Your feelings are shared by many who support the club, and this number seems to be growing. One day, maybe soon maybe not so soon this torrid time will be over and we shall look back and laugh at the people who thought this was a good plan for the club. Much like some believed the 3 amigos weren't all bad.

Don't worry- I'll close the door on the way out.

The season ticket renewal package was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. An admission of failure seems to be discreetly emanating from the club on the basis that even Mr Glick refrained from his usual "top 6" propaganda. There was no "judge us by our actions" more a conscientious shift to the direction of the academy. However, the less monetarily endowed of us will continue questioning why any billionaire would bother with such a frugal grass roots strategy but alas, I'm told they have the interests of the club at heart; afterall we need only look at Portsmouth and now Rangers to remind ourselves of the consequences of bad fiscal policy. Admittedly there were some accompanying tokens on offer to spend on garments stained with a distorted Rams head in the club's shop; this appears to have satiated a decent number. The wage bill is still reportedly carrying extra weight, as the limit of NC's ability seems to be, at best, the ability to maintain egregiousness on less resources then it lays down a poignant marker of what is to come. F**k all.

Nigel in golfing terms seems to hit par for a considerable part but with the propensity to hit bogeys almost at will. Net result is a club whose spend in the championship (which I'd estimate to be around top 12) continually returns bottom half finishes. As of now, the club seems closer to attaining relegation than promotion with NC boasting 3.5 years in the job. Some speak of his excellent transfer record, reminding us of Bailey, Fielding, Ward, Brayford etc. Some speak of his clueless recruitment policy having seen wingers shipped in and shipped out, players signed and then not being played etc. The reality imo is equidistant between the two extremes. Aside from his remarkably average transfer record, the major point of contention appears to be his man management skills. One would hope that Nigel isn't as churlish and aloof with his players as he appears on the radio after a defeat. He seems to have inherited BC's arrogance and stubborness but lacks the charisma. Watching his body language pitch side would almost have you queuing up for death row, I'm not sure what effect a manager has on the team being animated on the touchline but Nigel might want to try it, I'd have thought anything is worth a try considering his dismal win record.

All in all, I'm thoroughly bored with everything at the club, have little confidence in Clough ever doing anything beyond average, no confidence in a board which failed alongside Jewell and now don't have the stomach to risk any more outside investment (beyond covering losses) and a support base which keeps reminding us "doubters" that progress is being made. Sadly, unless anything changes I'm done. Enjoyed all the major contributors on this board since the DET went down, best wishes for the future.

In a bit lad

I don't agree with every word mate, but there are parts where I was reading words I've been rolling around my head for months.

I don't need to see Nigel animated on the touchline. I know his heart is in the right place.

But when you mentioned the respect we pay teams..... exactly!!! Too much respect.

I think you'll find yourself coming back to DCFC. One win does far more repair than one defeat does damage. It's for that reason why football fans don't all support Man Utd.

Yes, Nigel can be infuriating. The team can show less intelligence than an Essex girl. But ultimately we all want the same thing. Chin up. Let's keep doing our bit as supporters?

silly billy bye, I for one will miss your well thought out and intriguing posts. Your feelings are shared by many who support the club, and this number seems to be growing. One day, maybe soon maybe not so soon this torrid time will be over and we shall look back and laugh at the people who thought this was a good plan for the club. Much like some believed the 3 amigos weren't all bad.

Completely different ends of the spectrum! One nearly took us into administration, the other is putting absolutely all their efforts into making us self sufficient... which if you read these boards a few years ago people were desperate for, but obviously people change their spots more times than I change my underwear.

I genuinely wish every day that someone will come in with the motto 'i hate money, i want to lose it all' and then go mental spending 100s of millions of pounds on our team and charge us into european and world domination but as I've previously said that person probably isn't even real, and even if he was we would be around 24th on his list of 'teams I want to make good'

The other option however is someone coming in, and piling up the debt.

Option 1: self sufficient which is going 'well' under the current board although we look to be a championship club for quite a few years yet.

Option 2: hire a mythical creature to waste billion+ on our club

Option 3: gamble, pile up the debt and hope it pays off.

I think as option 2 is unlikely, option 1 is the best but nowadays I think 70% of the fans would go for option 3

I can't remember anyone asking for european domination TBH, although someone did say something about a global brand once. I just think that people want us to at least compete for signatures with the likes of Peterborough.

Personally I'd just like to see us utilise the resources we have better, ie instead of buying 3 crap strikers, buy 1 whos actually going to make a difference, and have a manager who can deal better with different personalities, not leaving millions of pounds worth of talent in the stands.

Completely different ends of the spectrum! One nearly took us into administration, the other is putting absolutely all their efforts into making us self sufficient... which if you read these boards a few years ago people were desperate for, but obviously people change their spots more times than I change my underwear.

I genuinely wish every day that someone will come in with the motto 'i hate money, i want to lose it all' and then go mental spending 100s of millions of pounds on our team and charge us into european and world domination but as I've previously said that person probably isn't even real, and even if he was we would be around 24th on his list of 'teams I want to make good'

Option 1: self sufficient which is going 'well' under the current board although we look to be a championship club for quite a few years yet.

I think as option 2 is unlikely, option 1 is the best but nowadays I think 70% of the fans would go for option 3

I'm not saying it isn't different ends of the spectrum, however as some believed the 3 amigos weren't all bad many believe g.s.e are good, I disagreed with the 3 amigos and I disagree with g.s.e's aims even if they are completely different entities.

Option 4 stop giving the bull about making us into a global brand / top 6 team, make your intentions clear from the start that the investors are no longer that, and state your long term plans for the club which would include selling the club if the right offer came in. You never know there may be someone that is willing to buy the club and maybe it would be somebody located in this country, after all we don't know if they have turned any offers down do we :-)

I can't remember anyone asking for european domination TBH, although someone did say something about a global brand once. I just think that people want us to at least compete for signatures with the likes of Peterborough.

Personally I'd just like to see us utilise the resources we have better, ie instead of buying 3 crap strikers, buy 1 whos actually going to make a difference, and have a manager who can deal better with different personalities, not leaving millions of pounds worth of talent in the stands.

Agree with this!

But remember all our crap strikers are on peanuts apparently so it's alright!

Think we need to get a good wide man aswell were so predictable at the minute if Jaime Wards not on it it's pretty much game over for us.

I think SillyBilly out does even YoungRam's 'falling out of love with derby" thread for melodrama. Don't go to the matches if you don't wanna, but surely the club haven't killed your lifeblood so much that you can't even post of this forum anymore. What else are you gonna do? Stop eating Black and White food and self combust if you ever here reference to the Merseyside derby, or the Derby horse race.

As another poster pointed out, where was all this melon collie and infinte sadness way back in, erm, late January where we had just drawn away at promotion chasing Barnsley and had 19 out of 21 points and were on the edge of the playoffs. 1 point from two winnable away games, then 3 defeats in tough games and the world is over.

Man up you babbies. This is the 3rd best season we've had since the 90s. This is the least broke season we've had since the bald eagle flew. This is the first time we've brought a few good youngsters through the ranks I can remember/ever. Clough bleeds Derby.

Whose turn is it to post this rubbish again when we lose to Brum on Saturday? I blame the internet. Back in the day such opinions would be laughed out the pub. Or you wouldn't know anyone to spout them too. In cyberspace, everyone can here you scream. Alas.

Archived