My opinion.

SillyBilly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Billy is a funny one as his overall style is negitive yet he mostly has quite a few attacking players on the pitch and his teams press the ball pretty well.

Yeah they just don't pass it about well. It's Sam Alladyce tactics. Route one type of thing. I do admire that about Nigel, we pass the ball, just unfortunately we pass it around the centre circle then run out of ideas as players don't want to get forward or take a risk - not surprising that, better to be safe and in the shadows than stick your neck out and get shot down if it doesn't work.

silly billy bye, I for one will miss your well thought out and intriguing posts. Your feelings are shared by many who support the club, and this number seems to be growing. One day, maybe soon maybe not so soon this torrid time will be over and we shall look back and laugh at the people who thought this was a good plan for the club. Much like some believed the 3 amigos weren't all bad.

who believes that the three amigos weren't all that bad - hey!!

They robbed the club, they deceived the fans, led us to near bankrupcy, Got prison sentences for being thieving bastardss. How can you come out with that comment.

Yes this board are tight and have pocekts that end at the floor with cobwebs undisturbed. They have and I hate to say something positive about them but with the likes of Rangers, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday, etc all going into administration, tax court cases, wind up orders this board has not steered us into that situation. If the 3 amigos were still here there would be no Derby.

I just hope the owners have a sudden change in business direction and actually look at providing the product to back up their promises which will take some of their money

Valid argument. I don't think we've been poor for 10 years though. This is just as poor as under Gregory and Brown for me. But we were better under Burley and Billy (boring footy but we won which is one more thing than Nigel is doing). Yet Nigel is getting massive praise.

Again, if we had been forced to lose great players under Nigel (can only think of Hulse and Commons who fall under that - and Nigel preferred Porter to Hulse anyway) and we were suffering then ok. But we haven't, we've had to let expensive players go and appear to have a budget akin to the majority of this league, we're by no mean the team who has spent the least in the last 3 seasons. Yet lower half finishes are considered ok.

but I remember everyone wanting Gregory and brown to leave, numerous people were calling for them to go. Arugably they were both working under tighter restrictions than clough, Brown certainly was.

who believes that the three amigos weren't all that bad - hey!!

They robbed the club, they deceived the fans, led us to near bankrupcy, Got prison sentences for being thieving bastardss. How can you come out with that comment.

Yes this board are tight and have pocekts that end at the floor with cobwebs undisturbed. They have and I hate to say something positive about them but with the likes of Rangers, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday, etc all going into administration, tax court cases, wind up orders this board has not steered us into that situation. If the 3 amigos were still here there would be no Derby.

I just hope the owners have a sudden change in business direction and actually look at providing the product to back up their promises which will take some of their money

At the time some complained about the protests rocking the boat Rotheham, yes everyone NOW can see with the benefit of hindsight that these were scoundrals of the lowest order, however I remember some commenting at the time that we shouldn't be protesting and rocking the boat.

but I remember everyone wanting Gregory and brown to leave, numerous people were calling for them to go. Arugably they were both working under tighter restrictions than clough, Brown certainly was.

I personally do not think Brown was given enough time. As for Gregory not sure about him, both came during or just after another relegation from the prem. We appear to be a club when we go up its great but we either blow it or just don't do enugh to stop up. Which ever one it is the damage that is done leaves our club in a right mess.

I know people keep stressing that other managers may have had tighter constraints but that was when money was not splashed around like now. We have owners who could buy players with pocket change - I am not talking about tens of millions on one player but they could buy more than one million pound player each close season. A million is not a lot of money for most clubs in the top two divisions and has Ramblur has point out the new regulations do not impact on transfer fees just wages for the players.

I would love just one for the owners this close season to actually buy two players worth a million. That with squad we have and a couple of positive freebies could set us up a long way. Will they do it I would bet not.

Brown didn't come just after a relegation from the premiership, yes Gregory did come during the relegation season. Brown was the wrong man at the wrong time, and Gregory was simply a disaster.

Strange, I feel the opposite. You were around at the time young ram? Can't remember how old you are?

Brown took a team that finished in the play offs and made them into a team of strugglers, but to be fair Huddlestone was sold and then he lost Rasiak on deadline day. He was still way out of his depth though. He still had some decent players but couldnt get the best out of them, his loan signings were poor but Edworthy and Darren Moore did ok after (well in the champ).

Strange, I feel the opposite. You were around at the time young ram? Can't remember how old you are?

at Gregory time pretty young but I do remember the infamous city ground result which finsihed him off. I also have checked where we finished under him and it wasn't great. I was older when Brown was in charge, Lost rasiak with no chance of replacement, had no money and had to rely on loan signings and youngsters which was never going to work.

Archived