Is it time to start protesting against the board ?

Stimacked

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But how can he bring quality in if he's not being given the funds to do so? He's been quite open in the past -he's said that we haven't got too much quality,but we've got good,honest effort.He's also recently said that we need 2 or 3 quality players to give us something extra.He knows it,we know it,but there's little he can do if the owners won't fund same.

Improve our scouting network? With the exception of Bueno and Buijs, we don't seem to look outside of the United Kingdom to recruit players, which is something I don't understand, especially as John Metgod has contacts such as Vincente del Bosque. You'd think it would give us a head start in signing some good players from Europe who are approaching the end of their contract or available at a reasonable. i.e. Bisgaard, Idiakez, Reich and Rasiak. But Nigel seems satisfied with recruits from the lower leagues and the SPL, which is not much better than our lower divisions.

Nigel has taken us from 18th in the championship too 15th in the championship, in the same it has taken Nigel to move 3 places Paul Lambert has taken Norwich from league 1 to the premier league

That view (in my view of course) is a tad simplistic. Paul Lambert did not have to shift out a huge number of inadequate and over-paid players that for the main part other teams did not want to take without an incentive. I believe there are 41 players that have gone out, and I don't think that many (if any) are playing at a higher level than Derby on a regular basis. To me, that demonstrates the magnitude of the problem that NC has had to face.

I should think that we all - including Nigel - want to see more attractive football, but at the moment it is all about the team and working together, the more expressive players can fit in later - so long as they also have the right work ethic of course.

Lee Clark wouldn't be a bad choice but I doubt he'd come here with the financial restraints... next up Billy Davies exactly, both are as negative as Nigel Clough perhaps better records with their negative football but both have a reputation of spending a fair amount for the division they're in.

And don't get me wrong if Paul Lambert wants the job here ilsonram then, by all means.. don't think anyone would be against that, I don't want to see Clough get a bad name here, but if Lambert wanted the job and Norwich didn't want anything for him and Lambert wanted the same wages, hopefully less wages than Clough.

Get him in!

I think Clough gets a bit to much praise for getting rid of the collection of players Jewell built up. Quite a lot went at the end of that season and most the season all pretty much as they were out of contract. People then point to Pearson, Bywater and Leacock but Clough gave Pearson and Bywater longer deals.

Improve our scouting network? With the exception of Bueno and Buijs, we don't seem to look outside of the United Kingdom to recruit players, which is something I don't understand, especially as John Metgod has contacts such as Vincente del Bosque. You'd think it would give us a head start in signing some good players from Europe who are approaching the end of their contract or available at a reasonable. i.e. Bisgaard, Idiakez, Reich and Rasiak. But Nigel seems satisfied with recruits from the lower leagues and the SPL, which is not much better than our lower divisions.

I heard we were setting up a link with psv and we even had all there youth teams over for a game last season but nothing has come of it!!

I think metgod will be derbys next manager to be honest

So Nigel got rid of expensive under performers who now play at lower levels to Derby (bar Hulse and Commons). This is seen as a feather in his cap? A mark of how amazing a manager he is? My your own admission the players were poor so he just got rid of poor players, how much they were on is insignificant. It would be different if he had to ship out 10 players who were amazing and on high wages, then you could grasp the praise but he hasn't. If those same players had been on peanuts and he'd got rid and the wage bill was already low then would he still be considered great? He can't be praised simply because Jewell overvalued players. He's being lorded up due to letting poor players on big salaries leave? Jesus I could do that.

He needs to be judged on what he brings in, who he signs, how we play and results.

So Nigel got rid of expensive under performers who now play at lower levels to Derby (bar Hulse and Commons). This is seen as a feather in his cap? A mark of how amazing a manager he is? My your own admission the players were poor so he just got rid of poor players, how much they were on is insignificant. It would be different if he had to ship out 10 players who were amazing and on high wages, then you could grasp the praise but he hasn't. If those same players had been on peanuts and he'd got rid and the wage bill was already low then would he still be considered great? He can't be praised simply because Jewell overvalued players. He's being lorded up due to letting poor players on big salaries leave? Jesus I could do that.

He needs to be judged on what he brings in, who he signs, how we play and results.

You want to judge him by his signings?

There you go, how many of these do you consider successes?

[size=3]Porter Bywater Pearson Pringle Buxton Deaney Savage Moxey [/size]

[size=3]Barker Croft S Davies Anderson Hendrie Addison Martin Cywka [/size]

[size=3]Roberts Brayford Bailey Shackell Bueno Doyle B Davies Atkins [/size]

[size=3]Ledzgins Naylor Ward Robinson Bryson Tyson Maguire Fielding [/size]

I reckon 1 in 4

He didn't sign Bywater, Pearson, Addison, Savage or S Davies

We've already sold off Porter, Pringle, Moxey, Croft (Loan - doubt we'll see again), Anderson, Hendrie, Martin, Cywka

So not including Bueno as he was a loan and the 5 he didn't sign then he's signed 26 players in, 8 of them already gone. Maguire cant even make the banch.

Of the remaining list - Barker, Brayford, Bailey, Shackell, Ward and Fielding I would rate as good players. 6 out of 26. Great eye for a player, must be that extensive scouting network we have.

Lee Clark wouldn't be a bad choice but I doubt he'd come here with the financial restraints... next up Billy Davies exactly, both are as negative as Nigel Clough perhaps better records with their negative football but both have a reputation of spending a fair amount for the division they're in.

And don't get me wrong if Paul Lambert wants the job here ilsonram then, by all means.. don't think anyone would be against that, I don't want to see Clough get a bad name here, but if Lambert wanted the job and Norwich didn't want anything for him and Lambert wanted the same wages, hopefully less wages than Clough.

Get him in!

You sure glick has not brainwashed you or you not him?

Trying to get something better than we got on less wages, of course it's not going to work :-)

There are alot of posts on this forum talking about how our players aren't good enough. But I think the problem comes with different people's expectations. Good enough for what, exactly?

Good enough to compete? We certainly do that. We've been beaten alot but we've won games - we're not pushovers. If we couldn't compete, we'd be cut adrift.

Good enough to get promoted? Well no, but we haven't had the money to spend to put a team together that stands a chance of promotion.

Good enough to play pretty football? Maybe we're not, no, but I do think we're capable of it, and I've seen it with my own eyes on numerous occasions this season. We're not the hoofball team that alot of people like to make out. I'd like to see us play better football more often, but it does happen.

My expectations are that we remain competitive whilst building a squad on talent from the academy. People on here have said that there's no point in doing that because they'll just get sold under noses, so how can the club win? If, in a season or twos time, we don't have a squad highly populated with players from the youth team that play good football and can make a decent push for the top six, then I'll be the first to call for the board and the manager to step down because it would make the 'project' they set out to complete totally pointless. We may as well have just gambled irresponsibly like Leicester and hoped for the best.

But I do think it will happen, and I have confidence. And that alone is why I'm not criticising everything that is going on at the moment. Some of the tactical things, some of the messages from the board, some of the results and performances drive me bonkers, and I get as frustrated as everyone else. I just hope and pray that the ends will justify the means, and I personally think they will.

Perhaps I'm just deluded.

He didn't sign Bywater, Pearson, Addison, Savage or S Davies

We've already sold off Porter, Pringle, Moxey, Croft (Loan - doubt we'll see again), Anderson, Hendrie, Martin, Cywka

So not including Bueno as he was a loan and the 5 he didn't sign then he's signed 26 players in, 8 of them already gone. Maguire cant even make the banch.

Of the remaining list - Barker, Brayford, Bailey, Shackell, Ward and Fielding I would rate as good players. 6 out of 26. Great eye for a player, must be that extensive scouting network we have.

He did sign Bywater, Pearson, Addison, Savage & S Davies, he gave them all new contracts, he thought at some point they were worth signing.

Bueno I added as he was a year long loan at a significant fee, not the usual 2 months and never heard of again. I had Roberts as a reasonable signing, as he has contributed this season, I also added Bryson as I was feeling generous.

I am fairly certain that you do not have a grasp on the enormity of the problem that he faced. It is not simply a case of letting poor players on big salaries leave. You have to get another team to take them, and as they are poor players the buying team will not pay the salary that Jewell/Davies paid. At that point the player's agent says that his player is going nowhere unless something is done about the salary and so on. Derby don't want to pay it all as there is no point. That is when the negotiations start. What would you do? Cross them off your list of players and the problem goes away? Not in real life it doesn't.

Archived