Is it time to start protesting against the board ?

Stimacked

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not a booer at all it's not there fault they aren't good enough. I appreciate that. Im not happy being ripped off and lied to by the owners. They take for granted that there are people who would pay no matter what tripe is shown to em because they are "loyal fans"

Old saying

If u pay peanuts, u get monkeys

Your posts are just an emotional rant.

"All we asking is paying 2 mil and maybe 15 k wages not exactly gonna bust us. I'm sorry but if u want to make money u shouldn't buy a football club. In it for the wrong reasons."

Fans may well not want the owners of a club to make any money but - leaving aside whether that is actually reasonable - expecting someone to come in and simply make losses forever is clearly unrealistic unless they are buying the club for pure altruism.Your post seems to imply they should either just give the club even more money (incidentally, they are doing that every year already to cover our losses) or get us into more debt. The latter simply means that in future a higher proportion of your season ticket will go on debt repayments leaving less for wages.

If there was a Nigel Doughty or a Roman Abramovich wanting to invest huges sums in Derby then fine. In the absence of any credible owner willing to do this, running the club so it is not loss making is sensible

Or employing someone that is capable of producing results within the budget that is allocated to them. Nigel has proved that he isn't capable of doing this. Don't get me wrong, he can spot a player, but he doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of them over a sustained period of time. Just "purple patches" here and there where are our performances are still less than convincing.

Truth is, Nigel never had the credentials to suggest he could produce results at this level. If his name hadn't been Clough (Yeah, this old chestnut again) he would never have been considered, let alone installed as the Manager at a club of this size. But Adam Pearson saw an opportunity and

[size=4]

realised that the "Clough" name would offer the board more time because of the history and sentimentality that the name evoked. Unfortunately, he did not question whether he had the attributes to progress the club, and we're still paying for that mistakes now.[/size]

As for protesting, it won't make any difference, the people that own the club won't be there to see it. If you want to make yourselves heard, you have to hit them in the pocket and stop buying season tickets and merchandise.

Words are easy,aren't they.Several were suggesting McClaren-great choice that would have been.I'll stick with what we have,thankyou.

True, there's some worrying options if we were to replace either board or manager.

Not opposed to either suggestion but, if you look at Wolves, there's no point getting rid of either if you haven't got a plan B. And looking around I don't think there's a lot of great options available for either new manager or new owners.

Yeah, words are easy, and so is realising that this cunning little plan to have the club lead to success under another Clough has failed. Finishing 18th, 14th and 19th in a 3 year period are hardly sign's of him achieving progress, are they? And we're on course to finish in the lower reaches of the Championship for a fourth time. Oh, and by the way, I have never suggested McClaren.

And Gboro, I can think of a couple, George Burley (achieved far better results on next to nothing) for one. And talking of Wolves, what about Mick McCarthey? Then there is Simon Grayson who produced results despite Ken Bates selling some of his betters players. He also achieved promotion with Blackpool from League 1 in a single season, he achieved the same feat with Leeds in two seasons. I'd say there are some good candidates around right now.

Burley's era probably is gone, IMO - maybe 5 years ago yes but he's been out of club management too long. IMO, obviously.

McCarthy - really? Would he be much of an improvement on what we've got?

Grayson, just moved to Hudds. Can't see he'd be looking to move here, and we'd have a lot of compo to pay.

I think Mick has a better c.v than clough and has achieved promotion a few times. Karl Robinson at mk dons? done a good job but always difficult to get out of league 1. I would have said Keith Hill but Barnsley have him now, yes they are in a similar position but they have spent less and play nicer stuff. Dare I say even billy? yes he is trouble but he has got a promotion to his name and a lot of top 6 finishes.

Yeah, words are easy, and so is realising that this cunning little plan to have the club lead to success under another Clough has failed. Finishing 18th, 14th and 19th in a 3 year period are hardly sign's of him achieving progress, are they? And we're on course to finish in the lower reaches of the Championship for a fourth time. Oh, and by the way, I have never suggested McClaren.

And Gboro, I can think of a couple, George Burley (achieved far better results on next to nothing) for one. And talking of Wolves, what about Mick McCarthey? Then there is Simon Grayson who produced results despite Ken Bates selling some of his betters players. He also achieved promotion with Blackpool from League 1 in a single season, he achieved the same feat with Leeds in two seasons. I'd say there are some good candidates around right now.

I never said you suggested McClaren.Any new manager would have to work with a team containing young players,because that is the remit.Glick has said that these are to be polished up and either retained or sold at a profit(he said to allow us to bring in better quality,but didn't tell us how this better quality was to be lured within our now meagre wage budget).Again easy words,because it's deuced difficult to progress with a young team.It's my personal opinion that,on average,if we replaced Clough we'd be more likely to end up with a flop than a success.I don't want to take that risk (or rather see it taken).

Didn't know he'd moved Hudds. And as I remember, McCarthy has two Championship promotions to his name with Sunderland (before their takeover) and Wolves. As for Burley, he was still doing well in this league with Southampton not all that long ago and I don't see why he couldn't assemble a side that could at least see us finish in the top 10. He has a vast amount of experience.

I don't mind producing young players, I realise that to keep the club out of debt we have to produce our own and talent and at times, sell to benefit the club as a whole, however, to see progress on the field you have to supplement that young spine with some real quality otherwise you risk being left behind.. which is what is happening right now. And, honestly, we were already taking a risk when we appointed Nigel and I feel that a club of this size could, and should, be doing a lot better than a conference level Manager.

Good idea, might be less booing in the stadium and as a result less pressure on the young team. Results might improve with a proper supporting fan base left over.

You have the chance to make as much positive noise as you like now, the reality is that the only ' atmosphere' at PP at the moment is when supporters forget about the thought police for a minute and let the under performing squad know what they think.

Take away those fans that still care about the quality of the football and you and the rest of the 'True' supprters will be sat in silence.

Didn't know he'd moved Hudds. And as I remember, McCarthy has two Championship promotions to his name with Sunderland (before their takeover) and Wolves. As for Burley, he was still doing well in this league with Southampton not all that long ago and I don't see why he couldn't assemble a side that could at least see us finish in the top 10. He has a vast amount of experience.

I don't mind producing young players, I realise that to keep the club out of debt we have to produce our own and talent and at times, sell to benefit the club as a whole, however, to see progress on the field you have to supplement that young spine with some real quality otherwise you risk being left behind.. which is what is happening right now. And, honestly, we were already taking a risk when we appointed Nigel and I feel that a club of this size could, and should, be doing a lot better than a conference level Manager.

But how can he bring quality in if he's not being given the funds to do so? He's been quite open in the past -he's said that we haven't got too much quality,but we've got good,honest effort.He's also recently said that we need 2 or 3 quality players to give us something extra.He knows it,we know it,but there's little he can do if the owners won't fund same.

It depends what you mean by not being given the funds though. Personally I think he's had a reasonable amount of funds, but our policy is, and was under Jewell as well, to buy 3 or 4 players who are gambles, out of favour players, injury prone, not quite there, instead of going for 1 or 2 quality players who might make a difference. Glick alluded to this in his last interview, there was a consious decision made this summer to spend the available money on 3 strikers, Tyson Maguire and Robinson, rather than 1 'Billy Sharp type striker.

There's always a gamble involved obviously, but they chose the wrong option, and have done all along, Think back to the Ferrie Bodde saga when we bottled it and signed Kash-me-cheque. IMO it's been their downfall and always will be.

I want Clough to produce something at Derby. Deep down I still hope that. But in truth, whilst I was in full support of him, something inside me this season has given up and I can't see us making the progress promised any time soon. Clough has done one too many things that baffle and annoy me. A club should always be building for the future. This whole current youth thing going on is fantastic. But no club can rely on their own academy to supply the first team. A couple of players every other season may make the step up.

My concern is that how do we convince established players to come here? What can we currently offer them? We won't win them on wages. Nor on immediate push for promotion. Some are driven by money, some by ambition, perhaps they go hand in hand. Derby are not a team on the way down, but nor do we appear to be on the way up. How long will players wish to stay at Derby with the club making minimal progress. Derby have to be seen to be making progress on the pitch and in the league. What we do offer are the great facilities and large fan base. Should that support dwindle, what do we offer that is any better than other teams in this league. People in this day and age are not patient, instant sucess is expected. Just looking through this forum and people I speak to, interest is being lost in this club. Too many Derby fans have memories of far better things and what is the appeal currently?

To me, the whole policy running through the board to the manager is to play it safe. Safe but putting all the pressure on the youngsters to keep it going.

Mmmm, bit of a waffle. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

As much as i am unhapphy with Cough atm, I don't think there are any available managers that would currently do a better job.

I'm not saying we should get George Burley. Im trying hard to stick with Nigel because chopping and changing hasn't served us well. But if he was to leave, Burley is out there and I enjoyed his Derby team more than B.Davies team that finished the job. Exciting times.

Archived