Is it time to start protesting against the board ?

Stimacked

I am as big a fan of the board and Nigel as you will get but I have to say at the moment on the pitch things are very mediocre. I think we need a statement from the board telling us honestly what the plan ahead is. If we are pretty much the only large Championship club to want to balance the books where does that leave us? If we need to recruit from the lower leagues a massive amount of pressure falls on Nigel to deliver. It's no use the club dining out on it's training facilities and stadium. The board and manager have to get the team has to deliver otherwise we will be below 20k gates and getting excited about who we are playing rather than ourselves.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but they have sold oxo to Arsenal for £12-15 million. That has paid for their squad.

appreciate that however we had parachute payments over recent years.

they also went into administration in league 1, they don't have a full stadium on match days as we do.

Yet they can buy players, spend the wages.

I know the money from Chamberlain has helped them, all I am asking for is as mentioned before prior to FFP coming in they could have spent money on transfer fees, paid the wages that fit the budget this year. That way when FFP came into place we had the squad with the wage structure.

If the board had put some of their money into place they could have done what they have done with Bywater, Leacock and Pearson and allow players to move on a free to get rid of their wages. I agree they have spent money paying off players like Claude Davis which can not at times be afforded. But lets be fair with FFP coming in the board could have spent the money getting the players in, which in turn brings the fans back, that brings in revenue with the shop, tickets etc. Now that FFP will be here in summer there will be no major signings as it will be that we can not afford them under the regulations. If they had spent the money a little bit, even if it did not get us a side to go up but be more competitive and push the tp 6 teams then the club would recoup their money and balance the books within the 3yrs which it is taking now.

I agree with the financial plan but think we have missed the boat in respect of getting a squad together that will compete. That is not down to Clough but the budget set by the club. I hope we can keep the youngsters progressing and we can keep the young players like Hendrick, O'brian, Fielding, Ball, Bennett and Hughes as these in 2-3 yrs will hopefully provide us with the squad we want.

Southampton had no choice to develop the youth system, as they where restricted from buying players in 2007/08/09, and ended up selling Walcott, Bale, Kenwyne Jones and loaned out a few more earners. Ours was basically forgotten by Billy and virtually scrapped by Jewell. We are not in that position of only having the youth system to get players, however I dread to think how close we did get to it with the Davies/Jewell purchases.

Yeah we are pretty mediocre at the moment, and it frustrates all of us, and I am sure it frustrates the players, manager and the board. However I don't expect Glick to come out and say, we can only afford mediocre players, the players we have are mediocre and the support we have is mediocre, our interest in DCFC is only mediocre, as that would do more damage than good.

It will take time, and with everything in life it always takes more time to fix a problem than to cause one. I think that we will have a more productive season next season, however I am not expecting a top 6 finish until the season after that.

The devolpment of youth players take years, Southampton had put in place there youth plan before that time and im pretty sure all them names above would have broke into there team anyway. Same with Boro who Steve Mc put a plan in place and there academy has produced players over a period of time.

I think our voices need to be heard as we are not happy with the yanks how little they have spend very little in the team, as nigal said in derby evening telegrath. He even said he would like to spend millions of pounds but he is unable to with the current board reading bewteen the line he is asking the fans to protest against the board i think we should as us season ticket holder depands on were you sit but my went from 355 to 390 pounds and i want to were extra money going too.

appreciate that however we had parachute payments over recent years.

they also went into administration in league 1, they don't have a full stadium on match days as we do.

Yet they can buy players, spend the wages.

I know the money from Chamberlain has helped them, all I am asking for is as mentioned before prior to FFP coming in they could have spent money on transfer fees, paid the wages that fit the budget this year. That way when FFP came into place we had the squad with the wage structure.

If the board had put some of their money into place they could have done what they have done with Bywater, Leacock and Pearson and allow players to move on a free to get rid of their wages. I agree they have spent money paying off players like Claude Davis which can not at times be afforded. But lets be fair with FFP coming in the board could have spent the money getting the players in, which in turn brings the fans back, that brings in revenue with the shop, tickets etc. Now that FFP will be here in summer there will be no major signings as it will be that we can not afford them under the regulations. If they had spent the money a little bit, even if it did not get us a side to go up but be more competitive and push the tp 6 teams then the club would recoup their money and balance the books within the 3yrs which it is taking now.

I agree with the financial plan but think we have missed the boat in respect of getting a squad together that will compete. That is not down to Clough but the budget set by the club. I hope we can keep the youngsters progressing and we can keep the young players like Hendrick, O'brian, Fielding, Ball, Bennett and Hughes as these in 2-3 yrs will hopefully provide us with the squad we want.

There's nothing to stop them investing their own money into the squad after FFP.Player acquisition is a capital expenditure item.

as has been said earlier on in this thread it takes years to get a youth system properly working that regulalrly produces players we need a structure that works for years and years not one that just produces a player here and there and where development of young players stop the minute they end up in the first team

I don't know how you can describe as awful pretty much all season.

We've played some good football this season, and some dross. I'm not happy with the situation but let's tell it like it is, eh?

We've played some decent football in the odd game, mainly against teams lower than us in the league, and we've battled our way to a few wins against better opposition such as leeds and west Ham. But out of 32 games, you could count the good footballing performances on one hand to be honest. that's why I would say that we've been pretty much rubbish all season. to make it clear beating leeds at home 1-0 does not mean it was a good performance, just a good result.

We've played some decent football in the odd game, mainly against teams lower than us in the league, and we've battled our way to a few wins against better opposition such as leeds and west Ham. But out of 32 games, you could count the good footballing performances on one hand to be honest. that's why I would say that we've been pretty much rubbish all season. to make it clear beating leeds at home 1-0 does not mean it was a good performance, just a good result.

fookin tremendous result, specially when you know dirty leeds scum at work 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

The board have given Nigel 3 years to prove himself and all he has done is lower the wage we still havent got any good players and where not even that much higher up the table then when he became manager. I think its time Derby found a new manager and backed him and see where he will take us

The board have given Nigel 3 years to prove himself and all he has done is lower the wage we still havent got any good players and where not even that much higher up the table then when he became manager. I think its time Derby found a new manager and backed him and see where he will take us

How about getting a new manager and giving him peanuts in the summer to find the quality you talk about,on the wages we offer,and see how well he does?

Alternatively,how about actually backing Nigel and see what he can do with a few quality additions?

Or employing someone that is capable of producing results within the budget that is allocated to them. Nigel has proved that he isn't capable of doing this. Don't get me wrong, he can spot a player, but he doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of them over a sustained period of time. Just "purple patches" here and there where are our performances are still less than convincing.

Truth is, Nigel never had the credentials to suggest he could produce results at this level. If his name hadn't been Clough (Yeah, this old chestnut again) he would never have been considered, let alone installed as the Manager at a club of this size. But Adam Pearson saw an opportunity and [size=4]

realised that the "Clough" name would offer the board more time because of the history and sentimentality that the name evoked. Unfortunately, he did not question whether he had the attributes to progress the club, and we're still paying for that mistakes now.

[/size]

As for protesting, it won't make any difference, the people that own the club won't be there to see it. If you want to make yourselves heard, you have to hit them in the pocket and stop buying season tickets and merchandise.

The best way to hit the board hard is not to renew, or at least wait till the summer to scare them. Have people forgot about the CON last year " 6 PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS" absolute load of ********. GSE need showing. They won't b bothered if 30,000 sat out front protesting. They'll b worried when it comes to end of season and less than 10,000 have renewed. They keep scaremongering about Pompey and rangers, another load of ********. The wages they were paying and fees WERE stupid. All we asking is paying 2 mil and maybe 15 k wages not exactly gonna bust us. I'm sorry but if u want to make money u shouldn't buy a football club. In it for the wrong reasons. They are so out of touch with what ENGLISH FOOTBALL FANS want. We aren't American an we don't want a good day experience we want good football do 90 mins and to go home happy.

Pls pls hold back on your renewal to worry them it's the only way to bother them

Archived