Is it time to start protesting against the board ?

Stimacked

i said in an earlier post that I blame them for backing Clough.

This thread is pointless really,some people will blame the board for everything,no matter what.A lot of fans want money thrown at every problem and sod the consequences ,until the debt is unmanageable and then lets blame the board for getting us in this mess.

Look at Rangers for gods sake,a massive club in a world of ****.Do we want that?

If Derby were in the top 6 this discussion wouldnt be happening.and lets remember a lot of people on this forum were talking of the playoffs around xmas time.

Sorry I missed that.

I agree the thread is pointless, but for different reasons, a protest wont do any good, but we are not going to be a top 6 team with any of the current lot owning or running the club.

I would be happy if Glick came out and outlined the true business plan, but this is something that he is adverse to doing so, we are a club that is treading water at best at the moment, to me our owners have got bored/dont want to plough any more money into the club and are looking at worst for the club to break even, and best for a ROI each year.

A lot of people were talking about promotion, but a few months earlier we were talking about relegation to, we cant compete with half of the division any more due to the financial constraints that we have, and year on year we are cutting the wage bill on the playing side, to me we are hoping to run the club on a business model that may make financial sense, but will never give any manager the tools to deliver what Glick said we would get, a side pushing for promotion.

The problem is that he has put these bench marks down, therefore he is going to get judged if we dont hit them.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramblur

The accounts I've got show £22.97m for 08, £19.47m for 09 and £14.52m in the latest set for 10, this would make sense that the £9m type figure is the figure that will appear in next months accounts.

You've missed off employer's NIC,Donny -it's the end figure you should be using.Not sure you could just assume the same drop as before.

I agree with this too but Adam Pearson was instrumental in these dealings.I reckon that the board have learned their lesson from this and are reluctant to do it again

You are right Dangerous, that was when Pearson was still around but it was GSE / board / investors that were signing the cheques. My problem is that if they are reluctant to do it again (and I agree they should not) then why do they come out with statements that we will sign 6 proven Champ players and judge is by our actions. They were clearly lying just to sell season tix.

Thus to blame the manager in this climate is unfair. For sure he has made some poor decisions both tactically and with signings, but when you only have a limited budget, whilst trying to shift deadwood no-one wants (thus the pay offs for Pearson, Leacock and Bywater this last window) there is only so much you can do.

However this summer will be very interesting with all the overpaid rubbish pretty well gone it will be fascinating to see who is signed and for how much. 20 players on 5K equates to 5M in players wages, if we cannot support that with our "multiple revenue streams" then we really are up the creek sans the paddle!

Every manager (apart from Mancini) has a limit to their spending ability. It's getting the best players within that budget. Nigel hasn't got a massive war chest but he has got the scope to sign players. Moxey, Cywka, Croft, Martin are signing he's made that have since been sold already. Maguire can't get a game neither can Davies. I'm sure if I looked rather than use my memory I would come up with more but the point is you have to use the money you have effectively. Bleating on about not having more money won't change it, I'm sure every manager would like more money but they don't have it and need to work with what they've got. I don't think he is doing it properly.

As for who else? Clarke, Stimac, whoever. Stability only works when what you have is working otherwise it's stagnating. Will Clarke, Stimac or whoever be better? Who knows but I'd like to see rather than keep what we've got and have stability akin to Coventry.

I think the board realise there are problems.giving away free shirts and £50 vouchers for early renewals of season tickets doesnt give a lot of confidence.Attendances are down,still good but down.Everybody has somebody to blame,that is human nature.I blame clough,i also blame jewell (more than clough).

Maanagers are paid to manage,and im afraid it aint happening.

Forest

Leeds

Southampton (H)

West Ham

Blackpool

There's 5, but I'm sure there are more. You think anyone's gonna protest if we beat Leicester? No chance. It's just people frustrated with the situation.

Bar Forest and the first half hour against West Ham I don't know how you can describe these as great performances. Southampton murdered us at home pretty much from start to finish, and we were lucky to get a point. Blackpool was a smash n grab raid, and Leeds was pretty much the same, grabbed one goal at home and defended for our lives. Notice that only in tow of these goal did we manage to score two goals! I'm sorry we've been awful pretty much all season.

The board with the apparent owners we have, I believe do have questions which need answering in the respect of transfer funds being available each season. I agree in cutting wages but there are good players out there who we can afford and who will come with the wages we offer in the Championship.

The reason I say this is that I have just read the DET report on the game Saturday and it highlights that Southampton match day squad cost £12million pound which is four times more than our squad.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/s-gone-conclusion-Rams-Saints-helping-hand/story-15280922-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/s-gone-conclusion-Rams-Saints-helping-hand/story-15280922-detail/story.html

Now a team who has been in administration in the last 7 years who has been in League 1 for 5yrs and gets promoted last season and are still able to spend this much money just shows that our board are intent on having a balance sheet that balances. Now I am all for the FFP and getting our wages under control, but surely the board members could have stumped up cash to buy players and the wages which is the key area for the FFP could have been managed to fit our model. The owners could have got the players in before the FFP.

Bar Forest and the first half hour against West Ham I don't know how you can describe these as great performances. Southampton murdered us at home pretty much from start to finish, and we were lucky to get a point. Blackpool was a smash n grab raid, and Leeds was pretty much the same, grabbed one goal at home and defended for our lives. Notice that only in tow of these goal did we manage to score two goals! I'm sorry we've been awful pretty much all season.

I don't know how you can describe as awful pretty much all season.

We've played some good football this season, and some dross. I'm not happy with the situation but let's tell it like it is, eh?

Ok, Clough out.

Get a more established manager who's happy to be paid his wages, and who will work with the financial constraints he's had to.

If you can find a manager capable of managing at this level that meets the above, then Clough out.

George Burley?

Ok, Clough out.

Get a more established manager who's happy to be paid his wages, and who will work with the financial constraints he's had to.

If you can find a manager capable of managing at this level that meets the above, then Clough out.

We just have to find a manager who has more experience than 10 years in non-league? Shouldn't be hard.

Oh but the horrendous financial constraints the type of which no other club in the land has to deal with. He's so hard done by, whilst literally every other club is throwing money about like its confetti, poor Nigel has to work with a budget.

Plenty of good points made about why things are amiss and also why it may not be time for turning the heat on the owners. Still. Today the combined loss of Brayford to injury and the news that we wont make any more loans in. The team is set to plummit down the table now. The owners are surely trying to meet some financial target this seasons and once again expecting us to put up with the mediocrity and pain of another season of failure.

The board with the apparent owners we have, I believe do have questions which need answering in the respect of transfer funds being available each season. I agree in cutting wages but there are good players out there who we can afford and who will come with the wages we offer in the Championship.

The reason I say this is that I have just read the DET report on the game Saturday and it highlights that Southampton match day squad cost £12million pound which is four times more than our squad.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/s-gone-conclusion-Rams-Saints-helping-hand/story-15280922-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

Now a team who has been in administration in the last 7 years who has been in League 1 for 5yrs and gets promoted last season and are still able to spend this much money just shows that our board are intent on having a balance sheet that balances. Now I am all for the FFP and getting our wages under control, but surely the board members could have stumped up cash to buy players and the wages which is the key area for the FFP could have been managed to fit our model. The owners could have got the players in before the FFP.

Yes but they have sold oxo to Arsenal for £12-15 million. That has paid for their squad.

Southamptons youth system produces brilliant young players who can be sold on for mega money. Ours is not near that level sadly yet., We are producing players who may make steady champ players.

Southampton had no choice to develop the youth system, as they where restricted from buying players in 2007/08/09, and ended up selling Walcott, Bale, Kenwyne Jones and loaned out a few more earners. Ours was basically forgotten by Billy and virtually scrapped by Jewell. We are not in that position of only having the youth system to get players, however I dread to think how close we did get to it with the Davies/Jewell purchases.

Yeah we are pretty mediocre at the moment, and it frustrates all of us, and I am sure it frustrates the players, manager and the board. However I don't expect Glick to come out and say, we can only afford mediocre players, the players we have are mediocre and the support we have is mediocre, our interest in DCFC is only mediocre, as that would do more damage than good.

It will take time, and with everything in life it always takes more time to fix a problem than to cause one. I think that we will have a more productive season next season, however I am not expecting a top 6 finish until the season after that.

Archived