(Postponed) Derby County v Notts Forest

Day

They thought of that too - moving it to 3 o' clock ko but then they have to factor in the wether turning colder and fans moving about in the dark.

Can't have fans out in the dark mun.

Health & Safety.

Can't go out in the snow.

Health & Safety.

But if you're not in work tomorrow through all the snow, YOU'RE SACKED.

Never mind H&S then.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was on the M6 when I heard the news, gutted. Buy a half season ticket, seeing that only 2 games were midweek (Reading and Blackpool) then the Leicester game gets moved for Sky, and the snow now means that the Forest game will almost certainly be midweek too, can't believe it, the two biggest games of the season! Although I understand the frustration about the snow etc, I think that postponement is for the best given what's happened to Nigel Doughty.

In terms of the re-arrangement, does anyone think that it will be this week? I'm worried as I don't want to miss it, but have uncancellable plans on Wednesday. I was guessing not, as the police would need some notice, and as someone said the FL needs 10 days notice, but I can't remember the last time a game of this magnitude was cancelled, and looking at our fixtures in the next few weeks, this week is the only week for a few that we haven't got a game.

Can't have fans out in the dark mun.

Health & Safety.

Can't go out in the snow.

Health & Safety.

But if you're not in work tomorrow through all the snow, YOU'RE SACKED.

Never mind H&S then.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> Laughing aside, that's a really good point. We've got a snow policy at our place, which basically says "if it snows, get to work or don't bother coming in after it thaws."

Well nice and sunny now think they made the decision to postpone to early

Couldn't really make a decision to cancel a 12:15 match at 11:20 though, with less then an hour to go, 90% of the fans would of reached the ground area round then, and could of been complete chaos!

I think they could of postponed the time if thats possible? And set the match back till 1 or 2 or 3 o clock, to give it a bit of time

I had to get to work for 8 this morning and driving round the city centre was fun, went round the island outside strutts (telegraph) and at 1 point I was going sideways. Luckily I was the only person around. That was the 2nd that my car was going sideways this morning, so I think it is the right that the game is called off. (Although pee'd off as my friend was on holiday and I had his season ticket and probably won't be able to get 1 for the rearranged game 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> )

I feel for Swiss, comes all the way over from Switzerland his coach gets cancelled finally arranged other transportation just paid for it, when he finds out that the game is cancelled.

Archived