(Postponed) Derby County v Notts Forest

Day

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on forest forum

looking at it.

Tuesday 7th has got to be too soon for the police, even if the snow and ice clears.

Tuesday 14th we both already have fixtures.

Tuesday 21st is free but Derby play Leicester on Thursday 23rd so can't see that.

Tuesday 28th is free.

Tuesday 6th March we are at home to Doncaster.

Tuesday 13th march - also free.

Tuesday 20th March - away at leeds.

My Guess would be the 13th March as there are already two championship fixtures that night.

for the four Tuesdays after the 20th I'm on nights so hope its the 28th February or 13th March personally.

the game was on sky sports i thought? oh well 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Currently on from 12:00-1:00 is "countryfile winter special" - mums just sat through and loved this far more than any "silly game"

1:00-1:30 is bbc news

1:30-2:30 is frozen planet

:/

BBC put the Frozen Planet on , just to wind us up I think. Decisoon to postpone is definitley the wrong one given the weather forecast was for improving temperatures.

Just seen a report on nottingham on the bbc with pictures.

"Nottingham roads are nearly all clear and good for travelling...." - Bananas -

yeah But Nottingham council actually gritted their roads.

I went from Ilkeston to Nottingham yesterday and saw gritters in both directions. I thought great at least the main roads will be clear tomorrow. Yet this morning Ladywood road (the main route from Ilkeston to Derby through KirkHallam) was completely covered and dangerous to drive on. Fecking council.

Guys remember its not just the roads around the stadium, but also the roads in all aprts of Derbyshire that were considered. there were many many parts of the county that were dangerous to drive on.

Also the idea of delaying kick off was a no go because if they kicked off at 3pm then by the time the fans were leaving all the standing water from the melting snow would be freezing. Ice in the Dark and hundreds of cars spells trouble

I still wouldnt be able to shift my car from outside my house, so no matter how good the immediate area around the ground is I wouldnt be able to get there and I'm 7 miles away.

. It was on tele and some will not be able to watch rearranged game at all as its a night match more than likely March 13th. People at work and on Holiday don't you have a spade and salt and grit if not why not m8

Agreed, I live on a steep side street right at the bottom and I was out this morning for 1hr 30 mins with my spade and then chucked a bit of salt down. Neighbours were out too. This county has a defeatist attitude to snow, like others I've been all round Europe, people just get on with it in far worser conditions. Makes me embarrassed quite frankly.

I'd dug my cul de sac road out, started at 7.30 this morning and had a route planned to get to the A1 then M18, M1 and then A38. I was hoping they would be clear but packed the shovel just in case. I thought it was a wind up when someone posted Colin Bloomfield saying it was off, especially as SSN was saying it was on at exactly the same time. Would they cancel a world cup ski event because the roads arround had a bit of snow on - no Sorry, those that travel do so at their own risk, the nanny state need not stick their nose in. Effectively, any time we have snow this means a match is off. This is the second time this has happened now, a game called off because of the surrounding paths and concourse areas. For those who complain about how long it takes to travel there are two options; stay at home and watch the TV or set off earlier, that simple really.

I'd dug my cul de sac road out, started at 7.30 this morning and had a route planned to get to the A1 then M18, M1 and then A38. I was hoping they would be clear but packed the shovel just in case. I thought it was a wind up when someone posted Colin Bloomfield saying it was off, especially as SSN was saying it was on at exactly the same time. Would they cancel a world cup ski event because the roads arround had a bit of snow on - no Sorry, those that travel do so at their own risk, the nanny state need not stick their nose in. Effectively, any time we have snow this means a match is off. This is the second time this has happened now, a game called off because of the surrounding paths and concourse areas. For those who complain about how long it takes to travel there are two options; stay at home and watch the TV or set off earlier, that simple really.

Loving the shovel in the boot! I'm just so perplexed as to why this decision was made this morning, we were assured relatively late last night the game was a go ahead, we knew the conditions (snow wasn't going to melt over night), had the weather forecast (turned out to be accurate) and yet seemingly conditions this morning have obviously come as a surprise (really?) leading to the cancellation. I think the cancellation at such short notice is of greater inconvience to the majority than it is to the minority who'd have struggled to attend. Its a good job I'm not in Cumbria anymore because I probably wouldn't be able to attend the rematch, any thought for the tens or hundreds of people in this situation?

I can't for the life of me understand why we have invested a load of money in undersoil heating if every time it snows the game gets called off as the local roads are blocked with snow, don't you pay council tax in Derbyshire or don't you possess things like grit and shovels? Health and Safety my behind, you can translate that as being far too intent on involving litigation when someone drunken oaf slips over and sprains their wrist, what a joke.

Another point, does this mean then that the rearranged game won't be on the telly so we will lose the revenue from today?

Instead of being in a drunken happy dancing state I've got a beef dinner being cooked for me as I sit watching Chelsea, man u !!

Maybe it being off is a good thing after the news of doughty passing away as a) they would of been fired up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> sick chants could of got the club a bad name especially with it being so raw c) it's bloody cold

trooper - with you all the way there fella... beef dinner on, Man U Chelsea match on, Crabbies goin down nice!!

(See that goal earlier by that new Newcastle player Cisse?? feck me, what a goal)

Agree about the chants that might have happened as well. I am just gutted cus I had corporate today with free snap and booze.

Doubt I will get the same ticket for the replay. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Balls to it, been sledging with my lad and whippet earlier, been out in my Fiat 500 wheel spinning everywhere taking out my anger on the craps roads of Ilson... (all done with safety in mind folks!!!) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived