(Postponed) Derby County v Notts Forest

Day

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donny think they said on rd yesterday they have a cover which allows the snow to melt and water drain through and it gets lifted off with any residual snow.

I must admit it didn't look like the undersoil heating had been on when viewing the video footage, but this makes more sense if the snow was on top of the cover.

The words actaully used are that the game is scheduled to go ahead as planned.

maybe its just me but that suggests to me that there could be change to the schedule, I guess either because Forest ask for the game to be postponed or because of the weather.

Well i guess I was right the club statements wasnt emphatic enough.... saying the game is scheduled to go ahead is not the same as saying it will go ahead.

Gutted though , got my ticket , its on TV too it was all set up until a combination of yesterdays news , the weather and the health and safety police have wrecked it.

Still , I spose it may be for the best after Doughtys death.

Derby County Chief Executive Tom Glick said: "Every effort has been made to get this game on and we've had staff working around the clock giving their all for the cause, but unfortunately the decision has been made to call the game off.

"The pitch is fine and the inside of the stadium is safe and dry. However, the roads throughout the city and county are unsafe.This is the biggest match of the year for our supporters and we wouldn't want anyone to miss it because they had difficulty getting to Pride Park Stadium.

"Our fans come first at Derby County and we have made this decision in the interests of our fans."

Is anyone going down to the ground, if so can you post a picture of the surrounding areas that are this terrible risk to personal safety.

As has already been said, the undersoil heating is a waste of time because games will be called off regardless of the playing surface. It's an absolute joke.

If the real reason is the sad death of Mr Doughty, then the clubs should both state this as the reason as a mark of respect.

Health and safety gone mad? Let me tell you I just got into to Derby and heard the news, it's taken me a 1hr 30mins to get from Hucknall to Mickleover, and the roads are dangerous, the M1 two lanes what I would call safe, a38 top half ie alferton one lane passable the rest was bad! Inside Derby the roads are worse!

Thats why then. It's only natural to feel disappointed with the decision, as we have been fired up for weeks now to witness hammering the Forest. All good comes out of bad, maybe we will get back on track with a couple of decent results, Forest will continue to slide towards League 1, and come the re-play, we will drive the final nail in their coffin (no pun intended with the sad news about ND). Forest have to thank their lucky stars they have not been hammered in front of the nation on tele. It's a proper bummer folks. Try to enjoy your Sunday. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thats why then. It's only natural to feel disappointed with the decision, as we have been fired up for weeks now to witness hammering the Forest. All good comes out of bad, maybe we will get back on track with a couple of decent results, Forest will continue to slide towards League 1, and come the re-play, we will drive the final nail in their coffin (no pun intended with the sad news about ND). Forest have to thank their lucky stars they have not been hammered in front of the nation on tele. It's a proper bummer folks. Try to enjoy your Sunday. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Or the total opposite they win a few games between now and then get into some kind of form and be right up for it

Archived