(Postponed) Derby County v Notts Forest

Day

. Snow melting like no tomorrow in Derby still I assume you will be able to go to rearranged match on 13 March which is most likely. Just passed Pride Park no way game should have been off. Really disappointed will I get season ticket money back

Only if work allows I'm afraid. Bummer for everybody isn't it?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could have been much worse... with the stadium being fine inside, DCFC could have said, balls to the fans, we are playing the match, but nobody is coming in... how naffed off would we all have been then!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Yeah but curtains and rams71 would've been happy, and that's what counts.

Are derby county gonna refund those who can't make a mid week game?

Just had an email back about this...

Derby County supporters who purchased a match ticket will be entitled to a full refund if they cannot make the re-arranged fixture.

There will be no such rule for Nottingham Forest supporters on the grounds that they would have probably fooked off before half time when the Rams 3rd goal went in.

Seems fair.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Could have been much worse... with the stadium being fine inside, DCFC could have said, balls to the fans, we are playing the match, but nobody is coming in... how naffed off would we all have been then!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Ah, a good old behind closed doors match eh!

Can't ever have seen that happening as fans would have decended on Pride Park regardless of it being behind closed doors.

Let's face it, what stopped this game going ahead was the early kick off. A 3pm kick off and I'm sure it would have taken place as there would have been more time to assess the situation. As it was, a decision in "the best interests of the fans" had to be made early to save many from long aborted journeys. I consider myself a distant fan (granted I don't have as far to travel as a few on this forum), however most of the long distance travellers seemed to already have their plans in place to get to the match.

Found this on forest forum looking at it. Tuesday 7th has got to be too soon for the police, even if the snow and ice clears. Tuesday 14th we both already have fixtures. Tuesday 21st is free but Derby play Leicester on Thursday 23rd so can't see that. Tuesday 28th is free. Tuesday 6th March we are at home to Doncaster. Tuesday 13th march - also free. Tuesday 20th March - away at leeds. My Guess would be the 13th March as there are already two championship fixtures that night. for the four Tuesdays after the 20th I'm on nights so hope its the 28th February or 13th March personally.
Going to edge my bets and book the 13th March off work .....which means i'll be able to go .... 8o)

Maybe there wasn't a stream on the Barnsley game, so he felt unable to comment. (tin hat on)

I'm not buying that for one minute...

The match chat on here was open for sure sageis. It gives a relly good overview of how we play. If THAT wasn't enough insight for him radio derby delivered the true ebb and flow of the game via the airwaves. You'd be fooooolish NOT to comment if you listen to that.

I reckon it's more likely that Estadio de la Balla de fuego de Luz AFC spotted his true scouting, coaching, stat analysing, team talk delivering prowess and have got him over to Africa quick smart to find a bargain or two. I don't see there being any other explanation. Bris is the next AVB he wont have time for us much longer.

. I am blaming DCFC they took the wrong advice and cancelled too early

I'm blaming Glick [and Clough] for this. Instead of buying Ward last season, we should have put the money to good use by purchasing a few snow clearing machines, for use whenever the white stuff hits us. OK, so it doesn't happen often but what the hell, even I know that its winter and that this is possible anytime from November to March. Total lack of planning.

We could have had them ready and then when Clough had picked his 16, got some of the others to drive them round the outskirts of Derbyshire to take the problem away at a stroke. Maguire would be used to snow so he could have taken the lead machine.

Today, the A1 is closed in both directions in Yorkshire because of ice/snow. What better for our finances than to loan out our machines to the Highways Agency to help them to melt the ice by applying grit or something like that. I doubt anyone has thought of this before. If they have, and they had already done something similar on Saturday, then I'm left wondering whether the game was called off because there was a major problem in ensuring the safety of 30,000 people before and after the game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm blaming Glick [and Clough] for this. Instead of buying Ward last season, we should have put the money to good use by purchasing a few snow clearing machines, for use whenever the white stuff hits us. OK, so it doesn't happen often but what the hell, even I know that its winter and that this is possible anytime from November to March. Total lack of planning.

We could have had them ready and then when Clough had picked his 16, got some of the others to drive them round the outskirts of Derbyshire to take the problem away at a stroke. Maguire would be used to snow so he could have taken the lead machine.

Today, the A1 is closed in both directions in Yorkshire because of ice/snow. What better for our finances than to loan out our machines to the Highways Agency to help them to melt the ice by applying grit or something like that. I doubt anyone has thought of this before. If they have, and they had already done something similar on Saturday, then I'm left wondering whether the game was called off because there was a major problem in ensuring the safety of 30,000 people before and after the game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Class

It's funny how an 80 odd year old lady and 90 year old gent can get to church and walk, especially as he's just recovered from heart surgery. Still I guess they're more capable and steady on their feet than most Rams fans eh ;-0

on a different note, Where's Bris been lately, not seen him on here for about a week now?

Taking a break possibly and judging by some of the posts in here I don't blame the guy, the sooner you lot realise this is a forum open for opinions that may differ from your own the better (not aimed at you JW_DCFC).

Taking a break possibly and judging by some of the posts in here I don't blame the guy, the sooner you lot realise this is a forum open for opinions that may differ from your own the better (not aimed at you JW_DCFC).

He could do with learning that too.

Class

It's funny how an 80 odd year old lady and 90 year old gent can get to church and walk, especially as he's just recovered from heart surgery. Still I guess they're more capable and steady on their feet than most Rams fans eh ;-0

Can't play wide right, can he?

He could do with learning that too.

The guy is constantly trolled by the same few members for voicing his opinion, he will defend and argue any point he has where as others simply want to take the piss and it's starting to get very tedious. He's a Derby fan that want's to use this forum to communicate with fellow Derby fans, if he's stopped by a small minority I'll simply remove the minority.

The guy is constantly trolled by the same few members for voicing his opinion, he will defend and argue any point he has where as others simply want to take the piss and it's starting to get very tedious. He's a Derby fan that want's to use this forum to communicate with fellow Derby fans, if he's stopped by a small minority I'll simply remove the minority.

I feel trolled by him half the time in fairness.

He's basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm delusional every time I make a point that's contradictory to his own.

If someone's on his back your comments are fair enough but in my experience it's the other way round.

Archived