Derby County v Coventry City

Hucknall Ram

utter crap display today, we were insanely lucky to come away with a win!

a draw would have been the fair result

good goal by callum though but theo once again in my opinion was useless....when tyson/s davies are fit i'd definately want to see theo out and one of them in.....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

utter crap display today, we were insanely lucky to come away with a win!

a draw would have been the fair result

good goal by callum though but theo once again in my opinion was useless....when tyson/s davies are fit i'd definately want to see theo out and one of them in.....

Totally agree. I was in disbelief on the way home. How either side won that game was beyond me. One second before Balls goal I wouldn't have seen a win. I was more surprised than when we scored our second against West Ham.

Defensively we look sound. The only time the back four missed owt Frankie was there. As good a defence as any in this division.

Midfield seemed to be too deep today and invited them on to us. Need to play on the front foot a tad more.

Ball and Theo worked hard but not much stuck today and there were times when we needed to hold it up.

Excellently worked and taken goal and 3 more points in the bag.

Bris says Burnley will be a massive test next week but I don't agree. It'll be no more testing than Leeds, West Ham, Hull or Coventry. We are hard to break down and always a threat at the other end.

Break the wage structure and get Commons in on loan for the rest of the season and we'll finish in a play off spot. Just need that creative player to put a foot on the ball and pick out the defence splitting pass.

Bris says Burnley will be a massive test next week but I don't agree. It'll be no more testing than Leeds, West Ham, Hull or Coventry. We are hard to break down and always a threat at the other end.

It will be alot more testing than fellow home games against a struggling Leeds, a depleted WHU and bottom of the league Coventry.. Hull away was by far our most difficult game and we did a typical smash and grab job..

Burnley will be massive as we're not playing at our fortress PP (it feels like a fortress at the moment) and we're up against a team renowned for scoring goals.. (Hull have a poor goals for record for a top 6 team)..

A poor defensive display and we'll be on the end of a heavy beating.

Dissapointed with Bailey (again) and green today, gave the ball away far too often. We've played ***** last 3 games and won em all so surely we are due a good performance against Burnley? COYR. We're catching Southampton...

Burnley will see it as a big test for them as well playing the form team of the league!

Or last 6 away games are as follows W L D L L L

I maintain that playing at PP and playing away is a different matter.. Form or not we'll be big underdogs for the Burnley game and it will be our hardest game since WHU away

coventry first half were better than us and if they had a striker they would have won the game. They kept the ball well and passed it around us for the first half, we struggled to get a foothold in the game, the only player who looked a threat was ward. Second half, we pressed a bit more, but again coventry still looked comfortable, Fielding bailed us out with a world class save and we went up the other end and scored. It was a poor performence but 3 points, next time we need to be more forthright and stamp our foot on the gas. When we scored we looked better either that or coventry simply let their heads go down.

Best man for derby: Ward 8/10, gave it his all, had a few shots and caused problems.

worst man for derby: Bailey 5/10, a few poor touches and again did nothing of significance. Him and bryson were bossed about in the first 45 minutes.

Are you Colin Bloomfield in disguise???

....................... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> im either really tired or just saw Steve Claridge and Manish Bahsin say something vaguely intelligent and correct.............

Claridge looks as if he's not taken his lipstick off properly.

Manish is lookin good tonite. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Archived