Derby County v Coventry City

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East stand level with the D of the peno area. Half way up upper tier.

I'm half way up, upper tier, but level with the six yard line.

If you wear a bright pink cravat at the next home game I'll introduce myself in the concourse.....

Yeah I think you're to the left of me. That is if I'm imagining it correctly. Now I've got a pink comedy tie. So that'll have to do, I'll make a few creases in it to look like a cravat so keep an eye out.

Wait. The next games against Forest. Oooh, thats gonna be good.

http://www.justforfun.co.uk/images/order/products/abrba992

Looks like this...

btw, I'm guessing that you weren't being serious, but I am 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> See you there

Yeah I think you're to the left of me. That is if I'm imagining it correctly. Now I've got a pink comedy tie. So that'll have to do, I'll make a few creases in it to look like a cravat so keep an eye out.

Wait. The next games against Forest. Oooh, thats gonna be good.

http://www.justforfun.co.uk/images/order/products/abrba992

Looks like this...

btw, I'm guessing that you weren't being serious, but I am 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> See you there

I always wear a cravat old boy, it's salmon, not pink.

Agreed not the best performance but the stats say 18 attempts, 12 on target, to Cov's 3. Coventry played some neat stuff but no threat up front, one real chance created all game is not enough to earn a point. We got what we deserved and so did they.

Happy days

Agreed not the best performance but the stats say 18 attempts, 12 on target, to Cov's 3. Coventry played some neat stuff but no threat up front, one real chance created all game is not enough to earn a point. We got what we deserved and so did they.

Happy days

I wasn't there but it doesn't sound pretty. I was there for the Cup game last week and that certainly wasn't pretty. I can't speak for others but I'm so fed up of the annual relegation battles that I'm delighted with a few 1-0 wins. If it takes us out of the danger zone, that will be one up on the last few years.

The back 5 look good and two or three of the others are good enough. I'm sure we won't sign any of the creative, and expensive, players we need to take us towards the top 6 this season. It follows that we will lose games, probably quite soon, and that the anti-Clough brigade can then come back on with their thoughts. 8th looks pretty impressive at this stage, particularly after that run of defeats.

So, if "winning ugly" is the way to achieve a top half position, I'll take it. Next season, we need the kind of players that Bris refers to if we're to move on to the next stage. Could be an interesting 2012!

To be honest - i didn't feel like they were ever going to score - perhaps a set piece.

I felt that it was always going to be 1 nil to us and was not suprised when it happened.

(the highlights don't show a brilliant track back and tackle from roberts after ward had passed the ball to the opposition he passed it to green....)

We weren't great, but had the ability to step it up a gear, which we did for the goal.

They were terrible, but I think playing to their capabilities.

Superb defensive performance. In a perverse way I'm excited that we ground out a 1-0 win without playing that well - it's usually the sign of a good team.

We were never going to be able to keep up the tempo we had against Leeds and West Ham, so knowing how to win when we're playing badly is important. Well done.

Totally agree Asanovic, winning when not playing well is a good sign. The way we are defending as a team plus the form of the back 5 is great at the moment. Having Tyson and Steve Davies fit will give us options when we need a goal as well. I just wish we had a stronger squad and fear another slump if injuries and suspensions bite.

Aren't we just becoming the billy davies team that got us promoted? I will use the phrase effecient, hopefully if clough does get some money he won't get as excitable as billy and waste it all on players of the same quality as we already had

In my opinion, the work rate is better but it's a similar type of football.

Realistically we're not going anywhere for a year or two, but if and when we do go up, I feel much more confident that Clough will make better decisions in the transfer market than Davies did. He was impressive in the Championship (David Jones, Arturo Lupoli), but lost the plot when we went up.

Hopefully if we bring in a Technical Director/Director of Football/High powered title, it will make that process smoother and more efficient.

To be honest - i didn't feel like they were ever going to score - perhaps a set piece.

I felt that it was always going to be 1 nil to us and was not suprised when it happened.

(the highlights don't show a brilliant track back and tackle from roberts after ward had passed the ball to the opposition he passed it to green....)

Is the defence looking that good then.....or were Coventry that crap?

Is the defence looking that good then.....or were Coventry that crap?

bit of both - coventry knocked it about well enough they lacked a cutting edge - but our back five look very solid.

seemed to me that the rams upped it a bit last 20 and to be fair were far more dangerous going forward.

(frankie did make a great save from a flicked on free kick)

(clingan is a good player - i'd have him in our squad.)

Just watching the game on the Player and we owe a large chunk of the goal to Gareth Roberts. Check out the tracking back and tackle from him to get us back in possession. What a turn around it's been for him! I always thought we needed a left back, a midfielder and a big man up front and now we've got a reborn Roberts and Ball and the points are coming thick and fast. Still waiting on that Olofinjana-type midfielder...

Archived