stoke city

Neo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well playing stoke we do not fear you at all in fact i fancy our chances against you guys, and fact we have not concered in 4 game and 6 games unbeaten so i say bring your lot on, and by the way stoke won't be allowed in home fans stands, and we have also shut some side of the stadium off unless demand is there for this game, so your saying stoke fans in sitting in home end is total bullshit and you have all of southstand and sw corner as well.

We'll weed em out B4.

As soon as Theo smashes in the winner their cover is blown!

The only thing theo will be smashing is an alpha romeo parked in the south stand car park after what can only be descried as a horrendous miss.

I would not be surprised to see soke fans in the away end, we certainly won't sell out, and in the Birmingham game a couple of years ago there was one or two brummies in the home end and they started cheering right at the front of the east stand when they scored which was brainless.

Not sure if we can claim the moral high ground on the higher attendances and glory hunter front.

When we went up in '96 our capacity was a little over 18,000 and we struggled to fill it. The average in the promotion season was just over 14,000. 2 years later when we moved to PP and we were in the Premier League that average doubled to over 29,000.

What we can claim, to our credit though, is that since then, we've endured some truly, truly miserable times, yet we're still average about 25,000.

Not sure if we can claim the moral high ground on the higher attendances and glory hunter front.

When we went up in '96 our capacity was a little over 18,000 and we struggled to fill it. The average in the promotion season was just over 14,000. 2 years later when we moved to PP and we were in the Premier League that average doubled to over 29,000.

What we can claim, to our credit though, is that since then, we've endured some truly, truly miserable times, yet we're still average about 25,000.

Summed it up for me there.

Slightly misleading if you take into account we've already played Leicester, Coventry and Forest away and have yet to have gone to a few far ones like Cardiff, Bristol City, Brighton, Millwall and Southampton.

Not that attendances have to do with anything anyway..

Then again, I can't imagine many people wanting to waste the extraordinary prices to watch us try and do the typical smash and grab and celebrate a 0-0 like we've just gone to the likes of Anfield and Old Trafford and comfortably won playing classy football..

Brighton have had some decent away attendances this season..

The years prior to them few season were dark days though and after them, its hardly suprising people stayed away.

again after 2005 you haven't had dark days in honesty. Before that in 2001-2002 season you had a play-off final win from the second division and you haven't slipped below division 2 since then, although you were close to going down in 2002-2003 and were saved on the last day. The ownership seems relatively stable from looking at your history, in honesty there doesn't seem to be dark times at all, even in league 1 you had 3 play offs in a row so you had success in a poor league. Compare that to someone like Grimsby who at one point were in the championship and are now in the conference.

Quite shocked by those figures.

Why has our away support dropped away so dramatically? When I started following Derby in the '80s the away following was fantastic.

Is it because of the decline of the railway industry in Derby and noone has free train passes anymore?

Archived