stoke city

Neo

again after 2005 you haven't had dark days in honesty. Before that in 2001-2002 season you had a play-off final win from the second division and you haven't slipped below division 2 since then, although you were close to going down in 2002-2003 and were saved on the last day. The ownership seems relatively stable from looking at your history, in honesty there doesn't seem to be dark times at all, even in league 1 you had 3 play offs in a row so you had success in a poor league. Compare that to someone like Grimsby who at one point were in the championship and are now in the conference.

Our ownership was not stable, I don't know why your telling me our history from the 00's.prior to this we were ****, not as **** as some other teams but isnt this always the case?

Compared to the past 5 seasons, they were **** times, which i can't be arsed to go into detail about, it all started when we were relegated from division 1. We were in the championship, league 1, but after the 70's, that was not good enough for people.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite shocked by those figures.

Why has our away support dropped away so dramatically? When I started following Derby in the '80s the away following was fantastic.

Is it because of the decline of the railway industry in Derby and noone has free train passes anymore?

I think there could be a few reasons why support dropped off a bit.

The obvious one being lately that people have got to tighten their belts a bit. As much as we'd like to, and have done it when we could in the past, getting to away matches is expensive and train fares as well as petrol have shot up. We have to pick and choose our away games now.

For a lot of others, I think it's fair to say that the quality of football and disallusionment with the powers that be may have influenced them into not parting with their money anymore. They'll follow their team from afar but maybe just got fed up and lost the romance with it all?

I'm just guessing here though but I hope others who stopped going to matches - even at PP - decide to come back, especially now as the team are producing good results after what has been a bit of a wait.

Just my opinion though.

Or half the others, great atmosphere? Must be joking.

Quite surprised by Boro's away numbers, very good considering the distance.

You ever been to boro???

They have a better away following cos they jump at any chance to get out of that sh1thole

Archived