stoke city

Neo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just give them some pace to worry about. Tyson, Ward, Robinson.

If it wasn't for Etherington then I'd like to see us play with a high defensive line. But he will be a serious test for Brayford if he plays.

And poor Roberts will be put under a lot of pressure. I'd expect a lot of bullying to be done on him by Shotton??

Please stay injury free for Forest lads!!

Poor Roberts?? You take a close look at him

When he plays!! Out of most of derbys team he loves the tough physical game more than most!' one thing he does is enjoy that!!

You might be right, season before last we got 21,000 against Birmingham in the 5th Round, I suppose it'll be similar home support (probably slightly less), but the increase in away fans will probably push it near/above.

I hope so - it's semi local, they have travelled well to Derby before, and we've got a sniff of winning it.

Also I'd imagine that some people would turn up to see Crouch, Pennant, Woodgate etc.

I was so depressed at the Palace match, I'm praying for a better attendance!

Just look at out squad from when we played them last...

Derby County (4-4-2): Carroll; Connolly,Tomkins, Powell, Stewart; Kazmierczak, Addison, Green (Teale 90), Commons; Ellington, Hulse (Villa 86).

Subs: Bywater (g), Sterjovski, Nyatanga, Zadkovich, Camara.

As far as I can tell we only have Addison and Green still at the club!

Jewell mastered the long throw tatic in the League cup tie, by leaving man up on the half-way line so Stoke had put two defenders up there which meant less chaos the in the box and that keeper could command the box better. It is also becoming less effictive in PL games this season, only Ryan Shotton has an throw-in assist.

Fielding though has struggled with set peices this year, so Barker and Shackell will have to be in top form.

Also due to the way Stoke play they tend to get the benefit of doubt from refs.

Many of our goals come from the chaos that the long throw-ins cause

Amazingly we have never had a penalty direct from a long throw-in which doesn't quite suggest we get the benefit of the doubt from refs, to the contrary it suggests that the referee's consider Rory's long throw an unfair advantage and now we have Shotton our Rory mark 2.

Hopefully soon. Ticket prices haven't even been announced yet.

I'd be dissapointed if the prices were not the same as the palace match, surly entice a bigger crowd.

( forest are advertising tickets for £10 for adults and £6 kids vs burnley )

Cracking test against a very good established top half Prem team. Even if they rest a few it'll be a better line up than any we'll face in the league this season.

I can't help feel they'll have too much for us. If we compete physically they could still outplay us, if we don't compete physically, they could murder us. Always got a chance in a cup game though - but don't want a replay.

Archived