stoke city

Neo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't make sense. #3 is how Tony Pulis views this tie, not me. He's either going to put a full strength team out or not.

Out of the other two options, I'll tell you after the game. We lose, then option 2. We win, then option 1. Haha. But no, I'm going to say 2.

Well i wasnt after Tony Pulis view ,hence the big hint in thread "how do you view the tie"?

And after the game i guess? we will all be able to tell,thanks for your input anyway very useful.

Just trying to get a debate going.

The Stoke City team that played Gillingham:

A Begovic, R Huth, M Upson, R Shawcross, R Shotton (G Whelan, 52), J Woodgate, R Delap yellow card, W Palacios (D Whitehead, 60), J Walters, K Jones (R Fuller, 73), C Jerome

Subs not used: C Nash, D Higginbotham, S Diao, J Pennant

Pretty strong I'd say.

Well i wasnt after Tony Pulis view ,hence the big hint in thread "how do you view the tie"?

And after the game i guess? we will all be able to tell,thanks for your input antway very useful.

Oh its a good question, made me really think about it. I'm still not sure about the third option though. If it said "insignificant Stoke should rest the best players?" rather than "will" I believe it would make more sense. Otherwise your asking for a prediction rather than my view.

The Stoke City team that played Gillingham:

A Begovic, R Huth, M Upson, R Shawcross, R Shotton (G Whelan, 52), J Woodgate, R Delap yellow card, W Palacios (D Whitehead, 60), J Walters, K Jones (R Fuller, 73), C Jerome

Subs not used: C Nash, D Higginbotham, S Diao, J Pennant

Pretty strong I'd say.

Now based on that do you think a blood and guts cup tie will overshadowed our performance, or will it be a measuring stick of how far our team is away from a prem team?

Oh its a good question, made me really think about it. I'm still not sure about the third option though. If it said "insignificant Stoke should rest the best players?" rather than "will" I believe it would make more sense. Otherwise your asking for a prediction rather than my view.

Really think you are just being predantic ,Instaed of nit picking words your view whould be nice 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

It would be nice to see Derby go out and test themselves against a physically strong team. Rather than skill, it'll be a test of stamina.

So all I'm hoping is that Derby go out and challenge Stoke to the 'duel' and make life difficult for them, like you'd hope we would against any team.

I think we can win it, if we're up for it. Otherwise Stokes physical side will bully us, we'll have to control the game and work hard for it. Pass it around and keep the ball on the ground.

Well atleast we've not got a big game against Forest or owt shortly after.

Whatever team we play we need to keep the ball on the deck. Won't win anything if we play to their strengths.

If Woodgate plays RB again then Ward or Tyson can murder him.

I expect a strong team from them and if it wasn't for keeping a strong side injury free for Forest then I'd want us to have a real go. Might aswell, we're happy to hold midtable this season. That should be easily achieved.

I don't think it will prove anything either way, Stoke aren't exactly a good team- physical (read "dirty"?) and boring. I don't really care what happens result wise as long as we don't get injured or thrashed. With it being a cup game it is a one off and doesn't really show where we are in terms of distance from being able to compete in the top flight- which we are nowhere near in case you are wondering.

Stoke are a team that we can beat, without a doubt.. it will be a real test for Barker, he is so good at winning balls in the air, and in this game he'll becoming up against the best team in England at putting balls in the air, from what I've heard from him, he'll be relishing this game, and I expect him to come through with flying colours...

Brayford will be marking Etherington, will be a good yard stick to see how he fairs against a much better class of winger.

I think Stoke will be a great prospect of a match, I hate seeing people say 'he would play in the prem' and 'he wouldn't play in the prem' because more often than not, it's not the case..

I will be looking at our defence in this match, hope that none of them let me down, obviously we don't want players injured and hope that isn't the case, certainly players like Tyson, Bailey, SDavies..etc

Just give them some pace to worry about. Tyson, Ward, Robinson.

If it wasn't for Etherington then I'd like to see us play with a high defensive line. But he will be a serious test for Brayford if he plays.

And poor Roberts will be put under a lot of pressure. I'd expect a lot of bullying to be done on him by Shotton??

Please stay injury free for Forest lads!!

Jewell mastered the long throw tatic in the League cup tie, by leaving man up on the half-way line so Stoke had put two defenders up there which meant less chaos the in the box and that keeper could command the box better. It is also becoming less effictive in PL games this season, only Ryan Shotton has an throw-in assist.

Fielding though has struggled with set peices this year, so Barker and Shackell will have to be in top form.

Also due to the way Stoke play they tend to get the benefit of doubt from refs.

I'd be worried that Brayford will have a blinder against them and then they'll sign him up, but then again he doesn't fit the transfer descriptions that Pulis has..

1) At least 6'3

2) To be able to jump higher than 7'0

3) To have broken someones leg

4) To have deemed it a fair challenge

5) To be able to kick the ball more than 70 metres in length and 15 metres in height

6) To be able to sing 'Delilah' and actually think it's cool

Archived