James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

Bailey seems to be improving with each game as he recovers his full match fitness. I hope we hold out and don't sell him, more importantly though we need to offer himan extended contract in summer when he will have just a year left on his current deal.

If we retain Green, keep Ward free of hamstring or thigh injuries and Bryson continues to perform at his current level, we have the makings of a settled midfield, of course we still have Hendrick as back up.

If we obtain a prolific striker then I'll be getting all giddy.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's any rush tbh, he's a good player, and one i'd like to keep, he seems to have toughened up a bit over the past 6 months or so and willing to get hurt a bit more, compared to when he first joined he wouldn't go near a tackle. 18 months still to go, went off with illness at half-time, probably get a new 3 year deal in the summer i'd imagine.

Definitely a case of agent pushing for a contract, which I can't blame him! If I was him when Bray got a new one I think he should of been offered one, was strange that he didn't.

I don't want him to go into next season without having something tied down, he is a very good young player and despite what people say I bet there is a few premiership clubs that will take a chance on a technically gifted midfielder who is still improving, even if its only to sit on the bench on small wages.

• 1 month later...

Just heard we got offered £1mil for Bailey from Wigan and he didn't want to go. That's why he's frozen out ATM. If true then that's shocking treatment tbh

I doubt thats the case, because he still lives in Cheshire, and Wigan is a lot closer to Cheshire then Derby, and he'd probably be on a lot more money

I'd like to see our games won to loss ratio when he's been playing and when he hasn't. When we don't have him in the team we look very work-men like.

Agree with this as much as i rate Hendrick and Bryson think there a bit similar both like getting forward and i think more of a holder works better with either one.

Just think Bailey is the best we have for that at the minute.

The midfield definitely isn't right at the minute that's for sure

Archived