Tamas Priskin

CumbrianRam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commons?

His best spell of his career was under Clough.

Good point, Commons is someone who's particularly benefitted, and there have been others that look like much better players since they've played for Clough.

But, hopefully, when we say talk about our manager turning careers around it should mean a little more than selling out to Celtic for £350k. I want players to have their careers turned around by playing for Derby, and doing it all at Derby.

Commons always wanted to be a small fish in a big pond, bet he's happy with the pay check, and no pressure to perform.

Priskin has two options,work his nuts off and salvage a career, or be an ass and never be seen again. You have to remember that Jewel is not a legend in the man management league.

We don't have a huge array of choices, so we're stuck with this and let's see where it goes. What is the worst thing that can happen?

Blues boss Paul Jewell says striker Tamás Priskin’s loan move to Derby gives the Hungarian international the chance to win himself a permanent contract with the Rams if he wants one. The 25-year-old’s Town terms are up at the end of the season with an extension looking unlikely after what’s been an up and down career at Portman Road since his £1.7 million move from Watford in the summer of 2009.

Jewell said: “Tamás has been on the periphery of the team. He played against Doncaster and Derby came in for him.

“I think it serves both parties. His contract’s up in the summer, so it’s up to him. He needs to go and prove himself to get sorted out for next year.”

Jewell admits Priskin hasn’t always been at his best for the Blues: “It just hasn’t happened for him here for whatever reason. He’s got all the ability - he’s 6ft 2in tall, he can run, he’s just been inconsistent really. It’s an opportunity for him. He wanted to go, so we let him go.

“He’s [due to be] coming back in January. If he wants to stay at Derby it’s up to him to say to Derby ‘give me a contract beyond the end of the season’.”

The Town manager, who says the striker will still be in his thoughts on his return if he doesn't win an extended stay at Pride Park, is in no doubt that Priskin has what it takes to succeed at this level and has a lot of time for him: “He’s got all the tools, he’s quick enough, he’s good in the air, he’s technically good. He doesn’t understand the offside law, that’s the only problem!" he joked.

“He is frustrating because he has all the attributes and he’s a smashing lad. I haven’t got a problem with him, despite what you might think.

“He’s not a bad lad at all. He’s a good lad, a good professional but he’s just lacked a bit of consistency here and I don’t want to stand in anybody’s way.”

Priskin is with the Rams until January 2nd but isn’t allowed to play for Nigel Clough’s side when they’re at Portman Road on Saturday 17th December.

[url=http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=19605]http://www.twtd.co.u...p?storyid=19605

Jewell talking about Priskin being inconsistent. Well Jewell none of the players you were signed were consistently good consistently crap I grant you. Also Ipswich under Keane before have never been described as consistent

I can not believe yet again on this thread people are already commenting that they are not excited or is it because we had no choice.

We wanted a hit man, we wanted a striker who can hold the ball up and link other players into the game. We did not want a nobody. BUT yet again it appears people have written off a player before playing for us. Now he is an international and an international who plays in the reserves which either means the national team have nothing up front (like us before he arrived) or indeed he can produce the goods. He is skillful, he is quick, he ca hold the ball up and scored 14 goals in the promotion season for Watford. Also look at Danny Graham did nothing before moving to Watford now look at him in Premiership. Also Brendon Rogers at Swansea has giving him a glowing reference. This is a manager who's team in the premiership is teaching long standing teams in the bottom half of the league how football can be played.

How about giving a player a chance for once. The last point I will say is similar comments were made off Brayford, Bailey, Ben Davies, Kuqi, Ward, Robinson, etc but look how they turned out.

Also if this does work out and Tyson can get himself fit and playing we could have a vewry quick front line and the pace of strikers in this league is key and have done damage against us this season, (Southampton. Hull, Leicester)

A year or so ago, I started a thread (or maybe it was just a comment...who can remember that far back?) suggesting we should sign him. Was absolutely mullered for it. I think he is a big risk but has massive upside if Cloughie can get him right - and he has managed to do that with mercurial players before (Eg Commons). On his day he seems almost unplayable. Cannot wait to see how he does.

A year or so ago, I started a thread (or maybe it was just a comment...who can remember that far back?) suggesting we should sign him. Was absolutely mullered for it. I think he is a big risk but has massive upside if Cloughie can get him right - and he has managed to do that with mercurial players before (Eg Commons). On his day he seems almost unplayable. Cannot wait to see how he does.

I remember, I said it was a good idea, but wait till near the end of his contract and get him for next to nowt.

............... Don't poo poo a player before he's even played for us eh ??

Chortle!

Everyone agrees that priskin has ability but everyone agrees that he is ineffective on the pitch. this has been put down to lack of effort and miss management, apparently is better playing in the hole behind the striker.

You mean in the hole behind the hole where the striker would be if we had one?

. What is the worst thing that can happen?

Pearson coming back and getting a contract extension?

In the attacking sense Clough has done alright, Hulses record under Clough was good, went to QPR and scored barely any, with Commons he set him up, trained him hard and got him ready for the great season he had, this season he has come back and straight back to the original 'commons' who looks bone idle and got dropped.

and this season alone both Robinson and SDavies are showing a goal ratio around the 1 goal every 2 game mark, which well lets be honest is heavily down to Ben Davies, under Cloughs tuition.

I think it's a gamble worth taking, he is a striker we could do with in our ranks because of his style and height it gives us another option!

In the attacking sense Clough has done alright, Hulses record under Clough was good, went to QPR and scored barely any

Don't think you can put Hulses lack of goals since leaving derby down to losing the Clough factor. It's more to do with the fact he has spent most of the time injured. He's only just got back fit after a knee injury. (I think that was why he was sold - getting old and injury prone might just have been right)

I hope this guy is Hungary for goals. We're taking a prisk signing him with his goals record.

You seem to have used all the puns available in that post.

But you have done your best, all I can do now is pray for goals.

In fact I'm off Tamass now to have a word with him upstairs. God bless.

138 games and 24 goals in English football. Don't want to Mr Doom and Gloom, just being the stats man 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

1 in 1 for us, I will settle for him keeping that goals per game ratio!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived