Tamas Priskin

CumbrianRam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As people have said he isn't really a target man, a similar sort of signing to that of Jamie Ward.

Priskin is a brilliant footballer, incredible with the ball and great movement just doesn't get on the scoresheet enough, read somewhere last season he picked 7 consecutive MOTM awards without getting a single goal.

I think he is someone we can definitely work with, just hope we have something in place to sign him if it all goes hunky dory.

I can't say I'm remotely excited about this signing.

There's potential certainly, but how much of this is "we want Priskin" and how much of it is "we desperately need somebody"?

Still, I'm sure there are many reasons why he can't get into the Ipswich squad and there are plenty of players (Ward, Varney) who do not play for their teams but are successes elsewhere, so fingers crossed.

Everyone agrees that priskin has ability but everyone agrees that he is ineffective on the pitch. this has been put down to lack of effort and miss management, apparently is better playing in the hole behind the striker.

at least we have signed a player that has ability, whos at a good age and is pushing for a move, all ticks the right boxes.

He couldn't get into Ipswich team but that doesn't interest me, wages seem to be a big issue, perhaps similar to Varney here.

He couldn't get into Ipswich team but that doesn't interest me, wages seem to be a big issue, perhaps similar to Varney here.

Our squad is littered with players that were not deemed good enough to get into their previous clubs sides. Clough has proven he can turn players careers around.

I'd be surprised if we were paying 100% of his wages. Whenever we send a player out on loan, we seem to always have to still pay the majority of their wage.

Blues boss Paul Jewell says striker Tamás Priskin’s loan move to Derby gives the Hungarian international the chance to win himself a permanent contract with the Rams if he wants one. The 25-year-old’s Town terms are up at the end of the season with an extension looking unlikely after what’s been an up and down career at Portman Road since his £1.7 million move from Watford in the summer of 2009.

Jewell said: “Tamás has been on the periphery of the team. He played against Doncaster and Derby came in for him.

“I think it serves both parties. His contract’s up in the summer, so it’s up to him. He needs to go and prove himself to get sorted out for next year.”

Jewell admits Priskin hasn’t always been at his best for the Blues: “It just hasn’t happened for him here for whatever reason. He’s got all the ability - he’s 6ft 2in tall, he can run, he’s just been inconsistent really. It’s an opportunity for him. He wanted to go, so we let him go.

“He’s [due to be] coming back in January. If he wants to stay at Derby it’s up to him to say to Derby ‘give me a contract beyond the end of the season’.”

The Town manager, who says the striker will still be in his thoughts on his return if he doesn't win an extended stay at Pride Park, is in no doubt that Priskin has what it takes to succeed at this level and has a lot of time for him: “He’s got all the tools, he’s quick enough, he’s good in the air, he’s technically good. He doesn’t understand the offside law, that’s the only problem!" he joked.

“He is frustrating because he has all the attributes and he’s a smashing lad. I haven’t got a problem with him, despite what you might think.

“He’s not a bad lad at all. He’s a good lad, a good professional but he’s just lacked a bit of consistency here and I don’t want to stand in anybody’s way.”

Priskin is with the Rams until January 2nd but isn’t allowed to play for Nigel Clough’s side when they’re at Portman Road on Saturday 17th December.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=19605

Asked a Watford fan friend of mine for his views on Tamas, he replied as follows:

[size=2][size=2]"He is a real ‘confidence’ player who never seems to have had a run of games anywhere except during Brendan Rodger’s spell with us. He requires the arm round the shoulder approach as opposed to the rocket but if he finds his groove he’ll fit into a team that tries to play good football.[/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2] [/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2]Look out for his trademark ‘dinked’ finishes over the keeper.."[/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2]I'm not sure he'll get an arm around the shoulder from Nigel (unless he scores a bagfull).[/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2] [/size][/size]

Asked a Watford fan friend of mine for his views on Tamas, he replied as follows:

[size=2]"He is a real ‘confidence’ player who never seems to have had a run of games anywhere except during Brendan Rodger’s spell with us. He requires the arm round the shoulder approach as opposed to the rocket but if he finds his groove he’ll fit into a team that tries to play good football.[/size]

[size=2]Look out for his trademark ‘dinked’ finishes over the keeper.."[/size]

[size=2]I'm not sure he'll get an arm around the shoulder from Nigel (unless he scores a bagfull).[/size]

Nigel has eased his approach more recently, and does praise players more readily and protects them from the press, maybe he feels he has too due to the overall age of the squad, I don't know.

Its down to Nigels man management to see if he can get the best out of him, we'll see how it pans out.

Can't pretend I've heard of him because I haven't, so I daresay I along with you campers will have a butchers on Saturday before I post my opinions.

I just hope he gets a better service than what Wardy has had, Saturday's match in particular.

Our squad is littered with players that were not deemed good enough to get into their previous clubs sides. Clough has proven he can turn players careers around.

I'd be surprised if we were paying 100% of his wages. Whenever we send a player out on loan, we seem to always have to still pay the majority of their wage.

Clough fan as I am, he hasn't really turned anyone's career round yet. If this is the pinacle of Jamie Ward's career, then he might as well retire now!

Archived