Derby Away Following / Safe Standing / Football Specials

therams69

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still feel it would be pointless doin it any where other than the SE corner, atmosphere in the north stand is non-existent because the away fans couldn't be further away so i would imagine most people in the corner would want to stay there and carry on standing as they are.

It may work there on second thoughts.... Lets not get ahead of ourselves though! LOL!

When going to a match, I personally prefer to sit down.

However, I would like to see standing areas for those who wish to stand.

Not only would this be great for standers but it will also eliminate the problem where someone sitting down can't see as the person in front likes to stand.

When going to a match, I personally prefer to sit down.

However, I would like to see standing areas for those who wish to stand.

Not only would this be great for standers but it will also eliminate the problem where someone sitting down can't see as the person in front likes to stand.

Fully agree, would alieviate so many problems currently faced!

Call me old-fashoined, but what's the point?

If you have to stand in a numbered place with a barrier in front and behind then you might as well just have a seat and carry on as we are.

The whole point of terracing is that you can move around which means all the people who want to sing can just stand together where they want to, the ones who sing a bit can be near them and the boring ***** can stand well away.

It was interesting on saturday, and a little funny looking around (where we stood anyway), most people stood in a little space evenly spaced out from their neighbours. We aren't used to the close physical contact with strangers anymore. It would have been interesting to see what would happen if it was packed like in the old BBG days, but I guess they would set a limit of tickets sold to ensure that wouldn't happen.

As far as the question of football specials is concerned, I work for Network Rail and I know that the rail infastructure is pretty much at capacity now, ie you couldn't plan more journeys into the existing timetable.

As for cheap tickets for football fans then playing devils advocate why should we get cheap rail fares over, say, people going to Rugby matches or visiting families or people travelling to work? That's without the obvious argument that 300 drunk football fans polling into a station in a strange town would start off the mob mentality again,

So on both counts I would say it'll never happen, and especially not at new stadiums like PPS that are designed for seating.

Safe-standing just does seem to equate to more noise. Bundesliga has better atmosphere than the Premier League these days, and the two main reasons for that is cheap ticket prices and new stadiums designed for atmosphere rather than just to create greater ticket revenue.

Just to further add there will be a debate on talksport on the Stan Collymore show tonight at 8pm.

The Football Supporters Federation will be present and pointing the case forward for safe standing.

Hopefully I will be on the show at some point so listen out for me.

Just to further add there will be a debate on talksport on the Stan Collymore show tonight at 8pm.

The Football Supporters Federation will be present and pointing the case forward for safe standing.

Hopefully I will be on the show at some point so listen out for me.

Remind stan where we are in the league and where forest are, will be listening with interest. You're the most famous person on this forum now!

Remind stan where we are in the league and where forest are, will be listening with interest. You're the most famous person on this forum now!

Behave JW!!!! Just another supporter like us all but carrying a big flag :-)

Will be a great debate, the FSF rep that is going on is Amanda and she has been an absolute god send sorting various issues out that we have had with regards to Blackpool, Leicester Police and others I cannot mention! Until I was made aware of the FSF it is very interesting to see how football fans actually get treated and what we can do about it to stop certain issues.

aye up! he's getting our flag anorl soon, the "we only had 10 men" one. Mind you, carrying them 2 flags around, he must have a back like quasimodo.

Giant flag weighs 17kg and I already have a bad back, ever since that walk up the hill at Forest Green. That was like army training!!

So god knows what the banner weighs!!

Thankfully I get the team coach to take them to games we go on the train to which is so much easier nowadays!

Behave JW!!!! Just another supporter like us all but carrying a big flag :-)

Will be a great debate, the FSF rep that is going on is Amanda and she has been an absolute god send sorting various issues out that we have had with regards to Blackpool, Leicester Police and others I cannot mention! Until I was made aware of the FSF it is very interesting to see how football fans actually get treated and what we can do about it to stop certain issues.

Is she fit?

So no one actually bothered to read my post about the additional capacity then? Oh well.

To reiterate it would depend on the model implemented, however that's really not the point of introducing safe standing areas. People getting hung up on whether it would improve the atmosphere, would they have to relocate their seats, would it be cost effective, would it increase the capacity, are missing the point that it's about offering fans a basic choice as to how they want to watch the game. It would be such a positive change for football to make in this country - a little bit of giving the game back to the fans.

So no one actually bothered to read my post about the additional capacity then? Oh well.

To reiterate it would depend on the model implemented, however that's really not the point of introducing safe standing areas. People getting hung up on whether it would improve the atmosphere, would they have to relocate their seats, would it be cost effective, would it increase the capacity, are missing the point that it's about offering fans a basic choice as to how they want to watch the game. It would be such a positive change for football to make in this country - a little bit of giving the game back to the fans.

I read it Joe!

Good quote, might use it tonight if I get on!

Archived