Derby Away Following / Safe Standing / Football Specials

therams69

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Glick has already said we are interested in pursuing safe standing, I could well see a large chunk of the North Stand adapted.

oh yes, that'd be right, the North Stand, they're always standing up all game over there. SE is were it should be!

Tom Glick has already said we are interested in pursuing safe standing, I could well see a large chunk of the North Stand adapted.

Well hopefully if I get a meeting with him I will be suggesting that it would be in the best interests of Derby County Football Club to support the motion should it be made legal and more importantly if Derby fans want it, not everyone looks on forums etc. Clubs are very much scared to name themselves with it though for various reasons. If DC came out tomorrow and said Yes we want safe standing many fans would think right we can stand now. One thing saying it in private though. For me an answer like "yes we would be interested to hear the views of xxxxx on safe standing" would suggest a Yes they are keen.

North Stand Upper and even lower together would be great! Would look fantastic!!

oh yes, that'd be right, the North Stand, they're always standing up all game over there. SE is were it should be!

No SE for safe standing wouldn't work in my opinion. The whole concept of safe standing is to get a large area to have it in, the SE corner is small and would not be the best option or have the best effect.

Well hopefully if I get a meeting with him I will be suggesting that it would be in the best interests of Derby County Football Club to support the motion should it be made legal and more importantly if Derby fans want it, not everyone looks on forums etc. Clubs are very much scared to name themselves with it though for various reasons. If DC came out tomorrow and said Yes we want safe standing many fans would think right we can stand now. One thing saying it in private though. For me an answer like "yes we would be interested to hear the views of xxxxx on safe standing" would suggest a Yes they are keen.

North Stand Upper and even lower together would be great! Would look fantastic!!

Am I being simple by thinking that converting a Seated 'stand' into a Standing 'stand', would increase the capacity?

good stuff.

Season tickets would have to rise in that area to pay for the investment. Thus going against the whole concept of standing being cheaper.

Us seated fans shouldn't be made to pay extra for you standers though. That's what's got to be considered.

good stuff.

Season tickets would have to rise in that area to pay for the investment. Thus going against the whole concept of standing being cheaper.

Us seated fans shouldn't be made to pay extra for you standers though. That's what's got to be considered.

I think fans would quite happily pay a bit more when first introduced if they could safe stand. I would quite happily pay up to £40 on my ST for the first or two years.

No I don't it would. You still have same seat to a degree.

It depends on the model used. Frankfurt I think it is, have a system which is more like your traditional terrace, so in this country, using our Governments "Green Guide" as the errm safety guide, you could have 72 people standing in a space that previously could only hold 40 people sitting down.

Which brings me onto the cost Boycie...

It would pay for itself. Obviously there'd be some initial outlay, but in the long run you could get more fans, and once it's paid for itself you could reduce prices (or just keep them a little lower than seated prices, but with a longer "pay back period").

Okay think we have covered the whole standing debate, what about cheaper travel options? What do we think on that?

The club could team up with East Mids Trains and offer a deal where if you buy a membership for that season, you get 10% off away matchday travel or something similar. Better than a wallet and £2 off the roadrider anyway...

The club could team up with East Mids Trains and offer a deal where if you buy a membership for that season, you get 10% off away matchday travel or something similar. Better than a wallet and £2 off the roadrider anyway...

Good idea, thought this myself!

Just to say that I think if anywhere should have standing, it's the SE. They stand there anyway and at the same time get to banter with the away fans. Them chairs probably never get used!

Does look really good, doesn't it?

So there's also an option to pull a seat down as well?

Well i've not been over to Germany yet to get a good look at it first hand (which is why I want the Standing Roadshow to visit Derby, although I am also planning on going over there as well), but it kind of works like this:

The seats are locked up for all matches that allow standing which in Germany is all domestic games, however the seats are lowered for Champions League games and Europa League and Internationals which stipulate all grounds be all seater. I think there's also a design which allows them to be folded down at will by the person who wants to use it at half time or if they just want a breather for example.

If it were to ever be introduced at Pride Park, i'd hope this would be the catalyst for the North Stand to become our "Kop" and have it all, or some of it converted to standing. Of course sitters in the North Stand won't want to move, but i'd hope they'd be able to see that this would impact on the ground and it's atmosphere positively and be willing to move, or perhaps stand themselves.

Just to say that I think if anywhere should have standing, it's the SE. They stand there anyway and at the same time get to banter with the away fans. Them chairs probably never get used!

It would be more beneficial from an atmosphere point of view to have it behind a goal. This is where the majority of German teams have them.

Just because the singing is currently there doesn't mean its the best place to put safe standing. Noise as we know is generated more behind a goal than in a corner. Away fans banter with the numbers could still be done from the North Stand as more would be joining in.

Archived