Derby Away Following / Safe Standing / Football Specials

therams69

I felt pretty safe on saturday, and there were plenty of seats available for those who wanted them.

I also managed about 15 years on the Ozzie End without hurting myself, it wasn't the terraces that were unsafe it was the fences they put up in front to keep the fans off the pitch.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it automatically assume that the people standing would pay less than those sitting? I can't see Tom agreeing to that, he'd probably want to charge them more to cover the cost of installing the seats and for the enhanced 'matchday experience'.

(For the ultimate authentic terrace experience they could charge £10.00 to have someone piss down your leg)

Why does it automatically assume that the people standing would pay less than those sitting? I can't see Tom agreeing to that, he'd probably want to charge them more to cover the cost of installing the seats and for the enhanced 'matchday experience'.

(For the ultimate authentic terrace experience they could charge £10.00 to have someone piss down your leg)

It's cheaper per person, but you can get almost twice as many people in so they get more money from it every game.

I loved the Peterborough experience (well, most of it), and loved that I could have a bit of a wander without disturbing anyone else.

I am certain that safe standing won't be as good as old-style terracing, but I am confident it would be a good enough compromise to be a decent atmosphere boost long term, if the board can justify cheaper tickets for the standing, then we'll definitely sell more tickets. Looking at the pictures, I don't see the figures above (6000x = 10000y) adding up.

Anyone else getting confused when typing posts, using the term 'seats' for 'tickets', and annoyed that 'stand' is the only word you can think of for the, err, 'stand'.

I loved the Peterborough experience (well, most of it), and loved that I could have a bit of a wander without disturbing anyone else.

I am certain that safe standing won't be as good as old-style terracing, but I am confident it would be a good enough compromise to be a decent atmosphere boost long term, if the board can justify cheaper tickets for the standing, then we'll definitely sell more tickets. Looking at the pictures, I don't see the figures above (6000x = 10000y) adding up.

Anyone else getting confused when typing posts, using the term 'seats' for 'tickets', and annoyed that 'stand' is the only word you can think of for the, err, 'stand'.

I think the 10,000 is more likely to be 7-8000. Imagine though if the North Stand was filled every week with 7-8000 standing fans the whole ground would be transformed. Everybody needs to get behind this as football is declining, the only way Glick can get people in is freezing ST prices and giving tickets away, if he didn't have these policies our ground would be like Boro or Coventry.

Apart from the top few clubs and those who are temporarily doing well attendances are down everywhere and will continue to do so. Expect opposition from these big clubs with national fan bases they don't want to lose any of the £40 min per match they charge.

I think the 10,000 is more likely to be 7-8000. Imagine though if the North Stand was filled every week with 7-8000 standing fans the whole ground would be transformed. Everybody needs to get behind this as football is declining, the only way Glick can get people in is freezing ST prices and giving tickets away, if he didn't have these policies our ground would be like Forest, Boro or Coventry.

Apart from the top few clubs and those who are temporarily doing well attendances are down everywhere and will continue to do so. Expect opposition from these big clubs with national fan bases they don't want to lose any of the £40 min per match they charge.

fixed that for you.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is not a return of terraces.

It is "safe standing"

This is why it will become a problem, alot of fans seem to think that its the old terrace that is coming back like Peterborough, this is not the case. This is also why I am very keen to bring the safe standing roadshow to Derby to supporters can be educated and see it for themselves.

May I suggest googling safe standing or checking out the Football Supporters Federation website. Plenty of links and some great information.

One crucial thing here is that it is "safe"

Hope your daughter is okay after her injury on saturday?

Yeh, shes fine thanks mate.

Had a look at the site, didn't realise that was what it was all about. I would welcome a return to standing and will support it.

I felt pretty safe on saturday, and there were plenty of seats available for those who wanted them.

I also managed about 15 years on the Ozzie End without hurting myself, it wasn't the terraces that were unsafe it was the fences they put up in front to keep the fans off the pitch.

But why did they put the fences up? Because of the ****** that inhabited certain parts of the terracing. I would not want to see terracing return to this country for football - the moronic half wits would soon spoil it for everyone else, not just in the stadium, but there would be a possibility of it spilling out into the surrounding area.

I love football too much for us to take the chance.

But why did they put the fences up? Because of the ****** that inhabited certain parts of the terracing. I would not want to see terracing return to this country for football - the moronic half wits would soon spoil it for everyone else, not just in the stadium, but there would be a possibility of it spilling out into the surrounding area.

I love football too much for us to take the chance.

It would not be terracing that returns but safe standing, like I previously have said anyone unsure please look on the FSF website or safe standing roadshow website, this will answer some of the points you have raised.

In addition the CCTV at stadiums now means that we will not encounter the problems we used to on the old terrace. This CCTV can read a text message, fans are more wise now too. We would not see a return of the idiots.

"the moronic half wits would soon spoil it for everyone else, not just in the stadium, but there would be a possibility of it spilling out into the surrounding area"

what would be spilling into the street??? safe standing??

do you seriously think the moronic halfwits (as you so elegantly put it) not attend football matches while its all seater?

the ground is crying out for somewhere people can show a little passion and a standing area will go some way to doing that.

it should be cheaper too

Regarding the costs of it...

A normal plastic seat costs around £60, whilst the Rail Seats (what the Safe Standing campaign seems to be leaning towards) - costs around £80, so they are slightly more expensive. However, they don't break, whilst some clubs have to replace around 100 plastic seats every game (i'd imagine this is the likes of Manchester United, Newcastle United and Arsenal), so i'd guess we have to replace around 40 - I personally have had 3 seats break on me, and i'm as thin as a rake, so it's not down to the increasing number of fat f*cks attending games. Other than that, there is no, or very little additional outlay provided the capacity of the stand remains the same.

If we were to adopt a model that increased the capacity significantly, then it would cost a lot more due to the need to increase the number of exits, toilets, increase concourse size.

However, this should be looked at AFTER the ruling has been changed and it would then be up to individual clubs to best implement the system based on desire from the fans, and of course money being available. At the moment clubs in the top two tiers don't even have the option to implement such areas, and that's what has to change first.

And on the hooligan thing - don't talk such nonsense. Standing doesn't have a bearing on hooliganism.

Archived