Derby v Cardiff

Boycie

Not looking forward to this- always hate playing the Welsh and we now have no players fit. I'll say "draw at best" purely because I can't bear to put in writing what I really think will happen!

1-1 Both Off Shackell's left knee (which will probably bloody injure him knowing our luck!)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people think cywka will be involved?

i hope he is - but i don't think he will.

Bench at best.

Its so he can be taken off after 3 mins after Fielding is dismissed for punching Earnshaw for being so ugly and having the worst goal celebration ever !!!!

Derby 1 Cardiff 1 - Maguire.

Based on the line up for the reserves last night

Derby County: Legzdins, Leacock, Sharpe, Witham, Buxton (Galinski 60), Lelan, Cole, Cywka (Dales 66), Ball (Richards 46), Hughes, Martin.

Leacock was playing right back and played the whole match, so is getting close to fitness.

Buxton is probably not yet ready to be thrown back in and will probably be on the bench again?

Bennett and Maguire were not involved My guess is that maybe Bennett and realigned nose Maguire will start upfront.

Ball is probably set for some involvement in the match on Wednesday as he was not risked for the second half.

Possibly Anderson coming in alongside Shackell in the centre

and with Croft not playing yesterday, he is possibly being put in th cover right back ?

Cwyka got a run out and will probably be on the bench.

MARK O'Brien could line up for Derby County against Cardiff City tomorrow with the help of a pain-killing injection.

The central defender was forced off during the first half of Saturday's victory over Portsmouth with a shoulder injury.

Scans revealed a sprained shoulder joint, described by club physio Neil Sullivan as a "rugby injury".

O'Brien is rated 50-50 to face Cardiff at Pride Park.

"He will have an injection in it to see if it settles down and to see if he can get through the next two matches before the two-week international break," said manager Nigel Clough.

After Cardiff, Derby are at Peterborough on Saturday.

"The two-week break is the incentive for everybody," added Clough. "Can we get through the two games and then the players have got a couple of weeks to recuperate?"

Kevin Kilbane replaced O'Brien against Portsmouth and filled in at centre-back alongside Jason Shackell.

Central defenders Shaun Barker and Chris Riggott are currently out and Jake Buxton is on his way back from a long spell on the sidelines.

Buxton played for the Reserves last night.

"Shaun joined in on Friday morning for his first training session for about a year," said Clough.

"He looked in great shape and he will do some training this week with a view to playing in the Reserves after the international break.

"We are not going to rush him back. We want to make sure Shaun is in as good a shape as possible when he comes back."

Right-back John Brayford is expected to be fit after the international break following a thigh injury.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-13721726-detail/story.html

Archived