Derby v Cardiff

Boycie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Infact no I don't agree with it. Mason Bennett can't play mid-week game can he??

Yes, Cloughie was saying he can as long as he goes straight home after the game (not the pub?). He didn't go to Reading away as he would have got back too late and been tired at school, bless.

I wonder if Mason Bennett is thinking "i don't give a toss about school. It's just 1 frickin day!! What am i going to learn in one day?? All i even need to learn is how to spell my name so i can sign a 5 grand a week contract playing football. Plus i have Science first thing and Mrs Pembleton smells of cough medicine."

Derby 4-1 Cardiff. Shock scoreline. Maguire, Ward x2, Shackell

i think if its at home he can play.....lst time was boro so he couldnt go.....he'd be home by midnight bed by 12.30....thats not too bad...for the greater good

I'd be surprised if Mason played in this one, Cardiff have a couple of tough nasty centre-halfs, Nigel is clever he'll pick and choose his outings very carefully.

A great story this though my lad played against a slightly younger team from Shirebrook at the weekend and he is just a normal kid plucked from almost nowhere and has taken this great opportunity he has been given. He has not even been at Derby that long, there is a lot of talent in that area for sure looking at the way those lads played that I saw.

I'm actually confident. Cardiff haven't won in 6 away league games. If we can play like we did against Portsmouth and Barnsley I think we'll win. I love Theo for his attitude but I'm actually looking forward to seeing how we get on without him. Maguire plus either Cywka or Bennett should do it and we don't have to mess around with our marauding midfield. 2-1 Derby Maguire and Ben Davies.

derby county 3 Cardiff city 1

ward (14)

byson (43)

bennett (77)

miller (p.k. 31)

cool night calm winds possible chance of rain

ref watch: strick will hand out around 4-5 yellow cards but will give a freekick of every lil touch chance he will give a pk

SCHOOLBOY Mason Bennett could be handed his first home start for Derby County tonight.

The 15-year-old is in the frame to partner Chris Maguire up front against Cardiff City.

Bennett became the youngest player in Rams history when he started at Middlesbrough 11 days ago and he came off the bench in Saturday's victory over Portsmouth. Strikers Theo Robinson, Steve Davies and Nathan Tyson are all injured.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-13731411-detail/story.html

If it was up to me... (and assuming O'Brien and Robinson are ruled out):

Fielding; Croft, Anderson, Shackell, Roberts; Cwyka, Bryson, Hendrick, B.Davies; Maguire, Ward.

subs: Legzdins, Buxton, Kilbane, Ball, Bennett.

I just don't feel confident with Kilbane at centre-back, so Croft at right-back is the better option for me.

Rams 2 - Cardiff 2 Bryson to score first.

Will Bennett even be in the squad tonight given the comments from Clough when we played Reading? School in the morning, still I guess he could play till half time and then get off home to bed! My daughter is the same age as Bennett but she'll be stopping at the match till full time, even though she's at school the following day, does this make me a bad parent?

Archived