Stephen Pearson

StephenDCFC

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm being as sarcastic as I possibly can be. The statement in bold is purely a matter of opinion. I don't think he's great (or even that good) by any means but I really don't think he's that bad a player. He's just another Derby scapegoat...we can't live without one.

The reason we won't win so many games, in my opinion is a ) we are blooding young players with not much exposure at this level (O'Brien, Hendrick, Bennett, Ball), and b ) we don't have experienced players to back them up, of which I would class Pearson as one. It's alright saying experience isn't important but the young players are going to be exhausted if they're playing week in, week out. Why? Because they've got no experience of it at this level.

We also have a threadbare squad, and have shown no desire to go in to the loan market. Should we really be pushing bodies out the door when we are so ravaged with injuries? Essentially you are saying if we were so badly hit with casualties, you'd rather play a youth team player with no experience at all ahead of Pearson. Again, a matter of opinion but I totally disagree with it.

If that's being as sarcastic as you can possibly be you are **** at sarcasm. As for Pearson being ****, it is an opinion but it is one that is held by the majority of the fans I speak to. Your argument does seem to revolve around playing Pearson because he is old and has experience- he has experience of not being anywhere near the team because he isn't good enough.

Guess what, these youngsters that have no experience are going have experience when they play- that's how you get experience (ask hendrick and O'brien, I am sure they would have thanked Nigel if we had begged Savage to stay another year and signed a 37 year old CB to ensure we had enough"experience"). Playing someone just because "they have experience" is probably the worst reason for picking them- look at the hasbeens with experience we have been saddled with in the past. Bye Pearson, take your experience elsewhere- I expect you'll be back in Scotland soon, making yourself look good against pub teams!

Oh and as for scape goats, don't worry Jake Buxton is fit now- people love to have a go at him. Maybe it's because of his lack of experience at this level....

If that's being as sarcastic as you can possibly be you are **** at sarcasm. As for Pearson being ****, it is an opinion but it is one that is held by the majority of the fans I speak to. Your argument does seem to revolve around playing Pearson because he is old and has experience- he has experience of not being anywhere near the team because he isn't good enough.

Guess what, these youngsters that have no experience are going have experience when they play- that's how you get experience (ask hendrick and O'brien, I am sure they would have thanked Nigel if we had begged Savage to stay another year and signed a 37 year old CB to ensure we had enough"experience"). Playing someone just because "they have experience" is probably the worst reason for picking them- look at the hasbeens with experience we have been saddled with in the past. Bye Pearson, take your experience elsewhere- I expect you'll be back in Scotland soon, making yourself look good against pub teams!

Oh and as for scape goats, don't worry Jake Buxton is fit now- people love to have a go at him. Maybe it's because of his lack of experience at this level....

...Or maybe you're just **** at detecting sarcasm ducky.

I think in the midst of your little rant you misread what I was saying. I'm all for players getting experience, specially youth players. What I'm saying is that, when Hendrick flakes out, which he's bound to, I'd like to see someone with some experience as a back up. We're short on bodies and that's why I'd like to see him stay - for now, not forever. So my argument doesn't revolve around playing Pearson because he's old (which at 29, I don't particularly think he is). The opinion that I don't think he's that bad (not that I'm saying he's good - I did mention this last time but you do a good job of not reading posts properly) is one that I've heard quite a bit, as well as plenty of people who think he's rubbish.

With regard to Savage - I'd be keen to see if James Bailey found his experience valuable last season in his development as a player. No matter what we thought of him, I imagine he brought something to the dressing room, particularly to the younger players. Probably experience. And at no point have I mentioned 'picking' Pearson. I don't think he's good enough to be in the starting 11, possibly the squad most weeks. I just think he's a player who isn't so unbelievably terrible, and I'd rather have him in the team than someone who had never played at senior level before.

Anyway, he's gone now so you can do a little dance.

...Or maybe you're just **** at detecting sarcasm ducky.

I think in the midst of your little rant you misread what I was saying. I'm all for players getting experience, specially youth players. What I'm saying is that, when Hendrick flakes out, which he's bound to, I'd like to see someone with some experience as a back up. We're short on bodies and that's why I'd like to see him stay - for now, not forever. So my argument doesn't revolve around playing Pearson because he's old (which at 29, I don't particularly think he is). The opinion that I don't think he's that bad (not that I'm saying he's good - I did mention this last time but you do a good job of not reading posts properly) is one that I've heard quite a bit, as well as plenty of people who think he's rubbish.

With regard to Savage - I'd be keen to see if James Bailey found his experience valuable last season in his development as a player. No matter what we thought of him, I imagine he brought something to the dressing room, particularly to the younger players. Probably experience. And at no point have I mentioned 'picking' Pearson. I don't think he's good enough to be in the starting 11, possibly the squad most weeks. I just think he's a player who isn't so unbelievably terrible, and I'd rather have him in the team than someone who had never played at senior level before.

Anyway, he's gone now so you can do a little dance.

I have already had a little dance, but took your advice and did another for good measure. I may be **** at detecting your sarcasm but when you confirmed it was sarcasm, it seems it wasn't detected because it was ****.

Regardless of whether Bailey was helped by savage- our midfield is better this without either of them- so much for experience. I am not saying that I dislike Bailey by the way, he is currently a big miss for me but I am saying that Savage was a complete waste of space on the pitch, if he wants to be a help in the dressing room be a coach.

As for reading the posts properly, I am saying that if you yourself don't think he is any good why should we play him in favor of a youngster unless it is just for his experience? If he isn't good enough to be in the starting 11, or even the squad most weeks what is the point in having him at the club? He is on too much money to be a 3rd / 4th choice in case we need him- get rid and give someone who deserves a chance a go.

I have already had a little dance, but took your advice and did another for good measure. I may be **** at detecting your sarcasm but when you confirmed it was sarcasm, it seems it wasn't detected because it was ****.

Regardless of whether Bailey was helped by savage- our midfield is better this without either of them- so much for experience. I am not saying that I dislike Bailey by the way, he is currently a big miss for me but I am saying that Savage was a complete waste of space on the pitch, if he wants to be a help in the dressing room be a coach.

As for reading the posts properly, I am saying that if you yourself don't think he is any good why should we play him in favor of a youngster unless it is just for his experience? If he isn't good enough to be in the starting 11, or even the squad most weeks what is the point in having him at the club? He is on too much money to be a 3rd / 4th choice in case we need him- get rid and give someone who deserves a chance a go.

I read the first two lines, and couldn't be bothered to read the rest.

You win.

I read the first two lines, and couldn't be bothered to read the rest.

You win.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Yey me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Nothing like winning a debate with someone who hasn't got the common decency to read my replies

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Yey me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Nothing like winning a debate with someone who hasn't got the common decency to read my replies

Well it wasn't a great opening gambit, to be honest...

And again, you've not read my post!! Talk about common decency. Please quote where I say Pearson is 'no good'... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I said I don't think he's great (or even that good). I probably don't think 30% of the current playing squad are that good, so it shouldn't really single Pearson out.

I'm just saying we're low on numbers and we certainly don't need to be ferrying people out now. If we had a fully fit squad I'd be all for getting rid, and when that is the case, then great, but at the moment, a couple more injuries and we're in **** street. Even you can't be so blinkered to not see that...

Anyway, that's the last word on it from me - I don't even feel that strongly about it, it's just amusing that people have such venom towards Pearson when I don't think he's been so terrible. Essentially I agree that he isn't good enough to stay with us long term, but for now he's a body, and we ain't got many of 'em. I'm guessing the young players in the reserves/youth team aren't registered to play anyway? Is that right, I don't know? In that case I definitely think it would have been worth keeping hold of him, if only until January.

And if we keep losing he'll be good to have around the place - he must be pretty hardended to taking abuse from the boo boys by now.

i think he'll do ok down there....he says win win.....i dont rate him much but hes on a no win situation here...most the fans dont like him....we've/they've always got tohave a figure of dislike... i never agreed with the sh*te Darryl Powell had to take...especially as he was our break up play man for the best seasons this club has seen since before i could spell derby countin

Jones

Connolly

Darren Powell

Albrechtsen

McEveley

Croft

Savage

Hendrie

Pearson

Ellington

Moore

A team full of "experienced players" we have had in the past few seasons, all of them were rubbish for us.

If we had this team now, we'd be relegation dead certs!

Albrechtsen, Savage, Moore and Hendrie were alright for us. Ellington wasn't too bad either.

Most of those players are good players who for various reasons just haven't worked out, but the thing with experienced players is that you know (most of the time) that they are equipped to play at whatever level they're coming from. With people like Maguire it's a risk, because they might not suit the league.

If he comes back and performs like he did at times last season (particularly that away game against Ipswich) then i'm happy for him to come back into the side. Though if it leads to a transfer with a decent fee involved, then i'd take that and move for a defensive midfielder.

Just watch him thrive at Ashton Gate - it would be typical. He has undoubted speed and fitness. In a new environment, away from the boos, he might just gain confidence and show his potential... for a while. It happens so often with our ex-players.Thing is, we know it won't last and his lack of inter-cranial matter will come to the fore.

Archived