Stephen Pearson

StephenDCFC

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearson's departure might free up some wages, except I expect they'll send him back in a couple of weeks saying they were conned! If this does not happen, we might see someone come in after the International break, who knows. Clough mentioned another Academy youngster who they have training with the first team called Hughes.

He is an attacking midfielder and a first year scholar. Played well in some recent reserve games.

Yeah, that's sensible.

erm, not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. Pearson is **** and I don't see people moaning about Brayford, Bailey, hendrick, Obrein, Bennett getting the chance to play. Fielding is also very young to be a first team goalkeeper. I think it is safe to say that Pearson is not good enough and needs a fresh start- why play him just because he is old?

erm, not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. Pearson is **** and I don't see people moaning about Brayford, Bailey, hendrick, Obrein, Bennett getting the chance to play. Fielding is also very young to be a first team goalkeeper. I think it is safe to say that Pearson is not good enough and needs a fresh start- why play him just because he is old?

I'm being as sarcastic as I possibly can be. The statement in bold is purely a matter of opinion. I don't think he's great (or even that good) by any means but I really don't think he's that bad a player. He's just another Derby scapegoat...we can't live without one.

The reason we won't win so many games, in my opinion is a ) we are blooding young players with not much exposure at this level (O'Brien, Hendrick, Bennett, Ball), and b ) we don't have experienced players to back them up, of which I would class Pearson as one. It's alright saying experience isn't important but the young players are going to be exhausted if they're playing week in, week out. Why? Because they've got no experience of it at this level.

We also have a threadbare squad, and have shown no desire to go in to the loan market. Should we really be pushing bodies out the door when we are so ravaged with injuries? Essentially you are saying if we were so badly hit with casualties, you'd rather play a youth team player with no experience at all ahead of Pearson. Again, a matter of opinion but I totally disagree with it.

As I've said, every single player that has played a considerable amount of games for Derby this season is better than Pearson, he is quick but oh, so useless and I believe we have balls'd this up by sending him out on loan, do you think Bristol will want him after they see him? no, I don't either.

I think we should of let him play in the reserves for another 2 months, make out his not so terrible and sell him to someone in january, I can see this going the way of Bywater.. go out on loan, do terrible and come back and sit on wages for another 6-7 months!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

As I've said, every single player that has played a considerable amount of games for Derby this season is better than Pearson, he is quick but oh, so useless and I believe we have balls'd this up by sending him out on loan, do you think Bristol will want him after they see him? no, I don't either.

I think we should of let him play in the reserves for another 2 months, make out his not so terrible and sell him to someone in january, I can see this going the way of Bywater.. go out on loan, do terrible and come back and sit on wages for another 6-7 months!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I wish you worked for Derby. We'd be rate sound.

I rekon he was on a big appearance based contract, something Leacock and Bywater probably had to agree to before getting contract extensions. With the complete ommission of these players this season from the squad these contracts probably saved a few pennies in the overall wages. Surely Leacock and Pearson could have made a contibution for us over the last few weeks from the bench. Pearson needs to restart his career somewhere else, as does Leacock.

Archived