Stephen Pearson

StephenDCFC

Pearson wasn't a great player, I don't think he ever has been. I just don't think some of the stuff said on this forum is justified.

Jonathan Hunt - there was a **** footballer, if ever I saw one.

I remember an interview with Jim smith and he was talking about Rory Delap - who had had a poor game. Smith said something along the lines of 'we are sure the penny will drop with rory and he'll become a good player - it just might not be here.' Suggesting that circumstances and attitude and experience would click and he'd become a decent performer.

Smith was, of course, right.

Perhaps this will happen for Pearson. For whatever reason the penny was not going to drop at Derby. (?)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we letting players for for free by cancelling their contract?

Pearson and Bywater have both gone to decent sides for free. They obviously rate the players so surely we could have got at least £100,000 between them?

Why whenever we have players on loan and want to sign them the loaning club doesnt release them and let us have them for free?

the only time, other from when he scored 'that goal' ,I have seen him play well ,was against Newcastle when we beat them 3-0. he looked generally quick that night and gave them a lot of trouble. One driving run completely had them flummoxed and i think was in the lead up to our penalty.

Good luck Pearo but if you score against us................. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Why are we letting players for for free by cancelling their contract?

Pearson and Bywater have both gone to decent sides for free. They obviously rate the players so surely we could have got at least £100,000 between them?

Why whenever we have players on loan and want to sign them the loaning club doesnt release them and let us have them for free?

By cancelling the contract there will have been negotiation with the player, which means only a certain amount of his remaining contract is paid up, but it allows him to get a signing on fee for wherever he moves.

It works for the club because it means they are out the door and normally they wont have paid the entire amount they would have had to to if he had hung around til the end of the contract.

It works for the player because he has freedom of movement and choice, and can bag a signing on fee.

For example, if Sheff Wed say they want Bywater but can't afford a fee and his wages, Derby can let him move for free but do a deal with the player which will allow them to cover some or all of a fee they might have got by only paying up half his remaining contract.

No-one's ever a massive winner out of it - it;s more a case of striking a deal that suits both parties.

A handful of games in 5 years aint that great, glad he's gone.

I would say 10 good performances out of 115, perhaps 20 acceptable performances and the rest toss!

I remember his debut, he was very good... Teale was better, but he was still good! thought we had signed 2 gems that day 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Erm, Leeds and Newcastle and the rest I probably just forgotten... probably... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Mission "Dead Wood" is going well. Bywater, Pearson and Martin gone. Leecock, Croft and maybe 1 more to go and we might see a couple of incommings. Getting em out for free is fair enough. I dont know what these guys are getting paid but anyone heading towards £10k a week is going to cost us £200k+ in wages just to carry them until the summer. The 3 that have gone already represent a substantial saving between them.

I would say 10 good performances out of 115, perhaps 20 acceptable performances and the rest toss!

I remember his debut, he was very good... Teale was better, but he was still good! thought we had signed 2 gems that day 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Erm, Leeds and Newcastle and the rest I probably just forgotten... probably... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Your summary is spot on and exactly why he's gone.

Interestingly all our managers since he was signed rated him at first and all got him the team when he was fit - billy and jewel. - waiting for him to kick in. NC even extended his contract. He never did kick in.

Your summary is spot on and exactly why he's gone.

Interestingly all our managers since he was signed rated him at first and all got him the team when he was fit - billy and jewel. - waiting for him to kick in. NC even extended his contract.  He never did kick in.

Didn't jewell try and sell him a few times? Stoke had him on loan and brum tried to sign him until he got injured IIRC

Aye, remember that game... so that was his 4th and 5th good game for Derby, any more people.

He did score at Wembley but apart from that he was poor, but we'll call it acceptable.

Mission "Dead Wood" is going well. Bywater, Pearson and Martin gone. Leecock, Croft and maybe 1 more to go and we might see a couple of incommings. Getting em out for free is fair enough. I dont know what these guys are getting paid but anyone heading towards £10k a week is going to cost us £200k+ in wages just to carry them until the summer. The 3 that have gone already represent a substantial saving between them.

10k each for Pearson and Bywater, 2k Martin I would have expected, give or take. That's 500-600k saved 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> if we sell (mutually terminate) Leacock, that's another 200-250k. That's £.75m to spend on a decent right mid 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Not saying he's good, just posted that like for humour.

Against Arsenal he was good though, and against Newcastle (seems to be his favourite team to play) I was trying to get up to remembering his 10(ish) good games, we're half way there now.. last push!

The game against Arsenal was more down to his directness, he pick the ball up and just ran straight through the middle and he kept getting to the edge of the box and then... nothing, he did it 6-7 times.

Another thing, his ability to make any sort of pass when running with the ball, terrible!!!

Archived