Premier League shafting the rest again?

uttoxram75

Suppose all the larger Football League clubs will end up acting in a similar way to other clubs Academy players further down the football pyramid. We ought to be one of the more healthy clubs financially but watch as our owners deny Wassall and co the funds to poach a replacement from Chester when his U16s right back is poached by mighty Swansea !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it only players that see out their contracts? its a ridiculous piece of legislation which is more likely to attack the smaller clubs in this division than us, but maybe that's me being optimistic just puts more pressure on clubs to sign up first year pros on good contracts, otherwise they will be off.

Mason is obviously the one we should be worried for but isn't he contracted here for another 5 years? or so I hear, then premiership clubs(if we aren't one) can come and sign him for around 300k or something daft.

Football has gone to the dogs, why can't we break from the premiership? let them have their own little league and leave ours the **** alone 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

I don't understand this..

The PL will just steal all of our best youngsters.. But won't we then just go down to Crewe or Hereford and steal all of theirs?

Or does it only work between the PL and FL?

I can just see a huge pyramid going on here with a hell of alot of youths swapping clubs for nothing.. Whoever voted in favour are idiots/thick as dogsh*t in the highest order.. How is this going to benefit FL clubs?

the clubs with little or no youth system were always going to vote it through, they only gain from the deal

Exactly. The rest of us have just been bent over.

W*nkers. I don't know what makes me interested in football. I wish i didn't like it. Might aswell support Man City for what hope there is for everyone else not stuck in the "Greatest League on Earth".

I honestly cant believe that 40 odd cluibs voted for this going through, like one other poster has put - whats worse losing a bit of money or losing out on never again being able to nuture any decent players though your own systems. Im disgusted, its going to be high impossible for teams promoted (if that even happens anymore) to stay up their as they will have to compete with piss poor squads.

The football league clubs need to organise a protest because these w*nkers are killing our game. I suggested a letter being sent to house of commons but apparently UEFA/FIFA would impose serious repercussions if FA changed its policy because of a governmental decision, like.

Not allowing British teams to play in Europe,

Not allowing England etc to play in world cup/european cup events

I don't know about you, but i couldnt give a f*ck if that happened.

My first guess was Watford, Derby, Forest, Leeds, Ipswich, Boro and Reading

Swap Ipswich for Palace and that would be my guess, I think West Ham would of voted yes as they hope to be in the Prem next season and this will help them snap up youngsters on the cheap.

Archived