Premier League shafting the rest again?

uttoxram75

The only way I would think we would say 'yes' if we was to really push to be in the premiership when these changes come about otherwise on the face of it, we've just well and truly shot ourselves in the foot, what is 80k to a club like ours? seriously probably be Leacocks and Bywaters monthly wage combined.

also, as other people have said means we can go and pick and choose the best young players of league one and two for cheap as we would be a decent prospect.

It doesn't effect us anywhere as much as the smaller sides in the division, and the lower leagues but still what a way to ruin football 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who supports a team in FL should e-mail their disgust both FL executives and clubs that voted for this bulls**t.

The trouble is, who voted fori t.

I can't see clubs coming out and admitting that they were the ones who *ucked up football.

And for the pricely sum of £70 grand each.

The trouble is, who voted fori t.

I can't see clubs coming out and admitting that they were the ones who *ucked up football.

And for the pricely sum of £70 grand each.

Well out of the 7 NPC clubs that voted no.. 5 of them are Reading, Palace, Ipswich, Burnley and Watford..

Forest said yes.. As I'm 99% sure Southampton, Leicester and West Ham did too (I think they currently believe they'll be in the PL so to use this for their advantage)

Derby is a tricky one.. Yes we have an academy, but come to think of it, we have nabbed smaller clubs youths from the lower leagues at around $350k.. At least with the new rule we can do it at 1/3 of the price.. And with our 'way' of buying it wouldn't suprise me if Glick and NC saw the advantages of this..

I thought we would have said no, but come to think about it, I think we could benefit from this by poaching youth players from other clubs at a cut price.. I think we said yes.. And I think these are Forest's' motives too.

Apparently we voted Yes. It pretty much went along the lines of the clubs with good academies voted no and the rest who didn't voted yes. Farcical. Death of football as we know it

Forest voted in favour??

You've produced quality youngsters!! One thing no one can knock Forest for.

Forest have a few promising youngsters coming through at the minute, probably not on the same scale as us but they're making some noise lascelles in particular, I just thought.. has Hendrick signed a new deal, squeeky bum time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

He is under contract until 2013.

• 3 weeks later...

Having read quite a bit about the EPPP, the main point is this.

If a prem club want a promising youth player they can get him (if he wants to move) for next to nowt. The Prem clubs will tell you that the feeder club will get more depending on appearences, future England caps, sell on fees etc, etc.

This is all very well for a tiny minority of players who will go on to have good careers in the Premiership, become internationals and get sold on for umpteen millions.

The majority of players will not be this successful. The big clubs will hoover as many promising young lads up as they can hoping that one of them turns out to be the next Rooney, at no risk to themselves.

Forget Citeh, Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea....some players may be persuaded to stop at their clubs by the fact they are unlikely to actually get a game for these lot. (Not too many will break through into Man City's team anytime soon).

Its poxy teams like Wigan who will be able to take these young players at virtually no cost, no risk, no outlay and deprive the fans of other clubs the chance to have a few seasons of watching home grown lads.

Fook the Premiership and all who sail in her.

[size=1]UNTIL WE GET THERE......[/size]

[size=1] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> [/size] [size=1] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />[/size]

Archived